• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Akuroma

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
so, it looks like i was right all this time!

It doesn't make since that he is part of team plasma, i think the player and Akuroma were working together at this point of the game and he went up to the control room to check on the computer, so Akuroma does play a big part in the game, this proves that much.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Was Akuroma lying to the character about hating Plasma?
I'm thinking that the reason he's there is to stop the team, or possibly to give the player some info on what lies ahead like those people who block the way to the E4...

blue

gucci
Years
It's most likely he's with Team Plasma, I'm sure that was many people gut instinct initially, either that or he's assisting us in taking them down again.

droomph

weeb
Years
Does anyone know what he's saying in that trailer picture? Perhaps it can tell us something about who he owes his alligance to...
In the trailer picture?

アクロマ「いや失敬!私はアクロマという科学者です。
Here, in the animated trailer, he's saying "I don't mean to be rude! I'm Akuroma[, and I'm] known as a researcher."

アクロマ「私は知り合いにたの...
Here, in that picture (too lazy to find the trailer, he starts to say, "Me, with my acquaintance [friend]..." the "tano" part hadn't finished loading so I don't know what it would say. Maybe if I find the whole trailer though.

And anther thing to note is that he uses "Watakushi" a lot instead of "watashi" so that means he's really formal with you.

And other pictures!! Mahaha.
black-2-white-2-talking-akuroma-screenshot.jpg

アクロマ「私が作ったポケモンを活性化させる道具で...
"I have created a tool in which to activate a Pokémon's [Power? dunno.]..."

Last edited:

Years
Hmm, it seems like he's calling you his acquaintence then. Perhaps he's giving the player a rally speach before they go and defeat Plasma. If so than he's proably not evil...at most neutral good...

droomph

weeb
Years
Although, it doesn't say he's specifically talking to you...

"shiriai ni" just means "with someone I know well". It doesn't mean anything about you really; it could mean Team Plasma, Cheren, Elesa or maybe even like, Brock. And for some reason, your sprite isn't on the screen? So yeah.

Years
Could the person be N? He's shown to appear towards the end, so perhaps Akuroma was the only one who knew where N was... (maybe he's N's real father!)
Either way I don't think he's evil, unless that friend is Ghetsis...

blue

gucci
Years
I wonder if he's like the Charon of Team Galactic, the researcher who you are unable to battle, he has a similar appearance and characteristics and probably has an important role that we'll find out about in-game.

Years
Anyone notice this in the new trailer?

Untitled-3.png

He's standing over a Plasma symbol. So he's either trying to help us stop them, or he's actually with them. And in my opinion, it looks like he's at the head of some sort of Plasma control centre.
This doesn't really prove anything. We don't know why he is there. I still feel like he is a neutral character whom is only out to benefit himself. In fact, I feel this furthers that standpoint - helping Team Plasma in any way is him looking out for the greater good of what he wants.

Mista T

Pityin' fools.
Years
I don't know if this has been touched upon too much, but, ethics and motives aside, do you think we will be able to battle Akuroma? Based on the animated trailer, it is obvious that he owns a Magneton (a steely Pokemon that fits his demeanor and name nicely) which might indicate that we will battle him. Akuroma's Magneton indicates a greater competence in battle than something like Juniper's Minccino.

droomph

weeb
Years
Could the person be N? He's shown to appear towards the end, so perhaps Akuroma was the only one who knew where N was... (maybe he's N's real father!)
Either way I don't think he's evil, unless that friend is Ghetsis...
Update~ Found the same picture, but with finished text loading!

Um.

pic1454.jpg

アクロマ「私は知り合いに頼まれ研究を手伝っていました!
"I was ask'd by a friend to help [further] the study!"

The thing is, I can't find "tanomare" because it seems like it's not in standard form. Don't worry, I got it

Yeah. Seems like he's about to battle you.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
"I was asked to [help with] the study with my acquaintance!"

"I was asked to help with the study with a close friend!"

Yeah. Seems like he's about to battle you.

How does that imply that? I see studying as just... helping out rather than a forceful battle. idk, doesn't seem like a line leading into a battle for someone as high-profile as him.

droomph

weeb
Years
Yeah sorry. "My friend and I were asked to help with this study!" I didn't realize there were two parts and yadayadayada unimportant grammar **** I didn't learn yet :( Not adding the "ru" to the end of the verb probably is like how we say "gonna" instead of "going to" when we're just talking and people are like "what the hell are you saying"

but yeah. It's probably someone from Plasma who asked him to "study", and the "friend" could be anyone?

EDIT: I honestly have no clue what it's saying other than "me, friend, asked; help with study!"

Last edited:

Years
Well if the player was being studied by Plasma than it's possible that he isn't all that good...he might be testing the players strength for Ghetsis' or maybe N seeing how he "tested" the BW player, so perhaps he wants to test the supposed third Hero...
This guy can go both ways as far as we're concerned...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well he could always be their official researcher that's working against them from the inside, especially since he said he didn't like what they were doing, iirc?

And idk, he could research their mental strength perhaps.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Imo Akuroma could be Champion, or maybe last opponent after Elite Four like N and Ghetsis. His appearances seem to be similar to the ones of most previous Champions - appearing at random points of game, talking about evil team or effects of their actions. That would also explain why he's at World Tournament.

Back