• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokemon Adventures manga

DarkCloud1267

Master Trainer
Years
Alright so recently i've been hearing alot about Pokemon Adventures and i decided to read the first chapter and thought it was amazing. i love how it follows the original story while also making it all it's own by adding so many different twists.
But enough about me. what are some of your thoughts on the series? Do you like it? Do you hate it? whats your favorite "series" so far?
Let the discussion commence! :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I love it for much the same reasons as you do. My favorite parts are G/S/C and R/S and my favorite character is probably Crystal but also Pearl.

So keep reading, it keeps being awesome ;)

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
I would say in no offense that the Pokémon Adventures Manga is a bit overrated. There are many people that has taken an interest to these comics which have no actual affilation to Nintendo or Game Freak. Call me weird but I just think that's how it is.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I've read a little of it, but haven't read it in its entirety. A love how it's more realistic than the anime and is a lot faster pace. I need to finish the series because I enjoy the parts which I did read.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I would say in no offense that the Pokémon Adventures Manga is a bit overrated. There are many people that has taken an interest to these comics which have no actual affilation to Nintendo or Game Freak. Call me weird but I just think that's how it is.
Official Pokémon manga like Pokémon Special has as much affiliation with Game Freak, Nintendo and Creatures as the anime. The mangas are licensed, which means that those three companies have all approved it as an official product. But yeah, definetly overrated and not the best Pokémon manga for newcomers to start with.

Silri

Kimono Girl
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
I just started reading the manga recently too. I've gotten hooked, even though I've only read up until the part where Yellow shows up. I like how fights with Team Rocket have felt like serious threats, and the added realism is a nice change of pace from how child-friendly the main series games are (not knocking that or anything, as I enjoy lighthearted stuff too).
I think I'm going to enjoy the switching of protagonists to help keep things fresh. I hope the series keeps up its momentum.

Official Pokémon manga like Pokémon Special has as much affiliation with Game Freak, Nintendo and Creatures as the anime. The mangas are licensed, which means that those three companies have all approved it as an official product. But yeah, definetly overrated and not the best Pokémon manga for newcomers to start with.

Just curious, what do you think is a better manga to start off with?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I really love the series, I bought every book from volume 1 to 20. I'm now waiting until March so the volume 21 will be released :P
The story follows the game storyline almost perfectly but with a little touch of the added characters to them, which I really love :)

Back