• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
He should post up his entire team, because it's better that way, they also get credit.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I really like how this game is turning out, the new screen shots look good as!
Can't wait till the Pre-Beta comes out for a taste of Genesis.

Also...
Do you have any D/P Pokemon in the game right now?​
No, I don't have any yet. I actually need someone to help me with that.

I like this hack you've certainly mapped it well but it's quite bland. The storyline is simple and straightforward, i like a long and twisted storyline with everything and anything in it, it's just that much more exicting. The way i look at the Mapping its got 4 cities, 3 routes and 1 Mountain, don't you think thats a bit short? All in all i love the mapping, it is obvious you are talented so maybe you're focusing too much on it, you should get a storyline editor (i can help with that) and your hack should get better. Anyway good luck with your hack.
-Olumuyiwa
Thats only the very beginning of the story, it'll get better later on. And the stuff I've got on status is just for the pre-beta. The final version will have probably 10 towns and much more other stuff.

He should post up his entire team, because it's better that way, they also get credit.
I don't actually have a team yet, it's just me doing everything at the moment. In the first post i've written what kind of people I need to help me though.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
It's very hard to do it yourself, especially if you're starting out.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
by your self? that must be hard. (i know i couldnt do it...)
hope you find some people to help.
Well, i'm fine with the two major things scripting and mapping so it's not too bad but i'm waiting on a few pm's from people who could be in my team.

Well, i've got quite a bit done in fact i've done everything up to Latim City's scripting done. But Latim City is HUGE so it might take a couple of days. I've got many events, including meeting your dad at the national library and getting the Cut HM. I re-did Route 2 and 3 due to too much forced grass-walking, scripted the first appearance of Ruby & Sapphire (two new rivals) and edited all the trainers.

EDIT:
Also the reason that the story seems short and bland is becuase I don't want to reveal the whole thing, in fact I shouldn't have even said that your father is trying to awaken Arceus. That was supposed to be the big twist near the end.

Last edited:

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
That sounds like a awesome idea...
Instead of always battling Teams you are battling your Father, even though he's the leader in R/S/E, this is way different and way better!​

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Excellent news i've found a spriter for the hero/heroine sprites:

genesishehebu0.jpg

Thats just a mock up, needs to be refined a bit, the colours are gonna be different too. It was made by Pearlone13 from PHO so all the credit goes to him.

EDIT:
The new sprites probably won't be in the pre-beta nor will Latim City, it's just too huge. So pre-beta is coming as soon as I figure out how to remove sprites after finishing a script forever.

Last edited:

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Nice, I like what I see so far but you could use some pal edits/new tiles and probably some new OW's. Its looking good, but I don't think the story is that good. I would like to see some screens of scripts. Ohwell....good luck!

~C3LEBI

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
YES!!!! I just figured out how to do level scripts. So the pre-beta will be coming out today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2013
Game is looking alright but one suggestion that maybe you should change the Heros Sprite

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I've made the hero/heroine sprites but I'll probably end up changing them a bit here and there.
73n24gn.jpg
8ghl11z.jpg

I still need to do the OW's so the new sprites won't be in the pre-beta.

Last edited:

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
Years
rivalzy5.png

Sorry to say, but that sprite is from PokeCharms.com in their Trainer Card maker. I don't think that your spriter made it unless he's from PokeCharms.

Edit: Yep. I have Proof.

Spoiler:

So if he didn't make it, you better get permission to use it before they track you down.

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Whoops, my bad he didn't actually say he made it himself in the pm. I'll get it sorted right away.

Anway I've uploaded the pre-beta so go download it if you want, it's in the first post.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
You could just ask at Pokecharms if you could use it. They let me use one of their sprites as long I gave credit.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Just started playing your pre-beta, is the makuhita at the start meant to be black?​

Oh and when you beat your RIVAL his text goes a dark purple.​

bleu_cheese

Pastry Chef
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2010
3 scripting problems I can see:

The far right fossil case in the museam gives you 8 ?????? items.
I walked into Ivy's gym, walked out, and now I can't get back in.
The policeman doesn't stop you from going to Felridge Canyon.

Other than that, pretty good. Hooray for Mareep as a starter!

Back