• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
I like your game, the scripting events are cool.
And so are the starters, you wouldn't beleive i used them same starters in an old hack that crashed hehe there great starters, BUT i stopped playing at...Felridge City, Is it?...Because I don't think this should of been released yet, it's a little rushed.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
I found a lot of glitches.
I'm not sure if certain ones are because of my rom, so please tell me if they are.

1. I'm not sure this is a glitch, but why do you start here? kinda weird.
preBeta_01.png

2. Intro glitch, black makuhita.
preBeta_02.png

3. ?????????'s nickname.
preBeta_03.png

4. Just a simple spelling error, just thought i'd post it. (wouldn't)
preBeta_05.png

5. tile error.
preBeta_04.png

6. very minor.
preBeta_06.png

7 + 8. These may be because of my rom, but...check this out.
preBeta_08.png

preBeta_07.png

The movement permissions aren't right either.

Also, you didn't edit any of the people and what they say, one said something about Brock (i doubt he's still a gym leader)
Route 1 is ok, but not great. The whole route is pretty much a bridge.

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Damn! I fixed all these problems a while ago when I was learning how to do level scripts. I guess I must have forgotten to backup and erased them when my rom crashed. Oh well they're not too hard to fix. About the weird tiles I'm not sure why that is but it probably is your rom since no one else has reported it and I have no idea why the nickname thing happens. I also don't really like the bridge idea either, I'll either make it so you have to surf or make a boat script and have Verasa be an island.

@itman1234: What movement permissions do you mean?

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg90/itman/preBeta_08.png

On this screenie, some were impassble where they should be passable, and vice versa.
I hate the starters mainly because they aren't that strong.
Spheal just sucks, there's nothing else to it.
Trapinch levels up soooooo slowly.
Mareep is actually a good starter, the only one worth picking.

As for the weird tiles, i think it was my ROM (even though i made sure it was clean, i probably just did something wrong, you should check it yourself.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I found a glitch,
when you lose to the gym, the girl blocking it says, "wow!you beat the gym leader great!
I didn't even get a badge...

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg90/itman/preBeta_08.png

On this screenie, some were impassble where they should be passable, and vice versa.
I hate the starters mainly because they aren't that strong.
Spheal just sucks, there's nothing else to it.
Trapinch levels up soooooo slowly.
Mareep is actually a good starter, the only one worth picking.

As for the weird tiles, i think it was my ROM (even though i made sure it was clean, i probably just did something wrong, you should check it yourself.

The reason it's impassable is because there are trees and a PC there. It probably is just your rom because something that blatant would have been reported before. I chose those starters because their types are equally balanced, I was really sick of seeing the same original starters too.

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
Years
Ugh.... This hack is soooooo glitchy. Where to begin?

Well, some text goes off the screen, the makuhita at the start is black, the text before the battle with your rival is wierd, the characters in the scripts walk really slow, In felridge city, you can walk through some of the trees, the police officer lets you pass even if you didn't get the badge, the girl infront of the gym won't let you in the gym, there are some tile errors on route 1 (mainly along the dock), your mom does not have walking sprites, so it looks like she floats. And what made me quit playing it? I walked pass a sign in felridge canyon... AND THE GAME FROZE!!!!!!!!

I still think this hack has potential, but you just need to fix it up a little and it will be fine.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
So, I tried inserting some new Pokemon and had a bit of trouble, but eventually I managed to come up with this:
8eiwlsl.png
878cqz9.png

Obviously, still some problems (water's edge pokemon and height/weight) anyone know how to fix these?

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Hey dshayabusa!
Hows everything going for the hack?
Have you fixed up some of the glitches and tile mistakes?
Wow, Arceus!
Who did you put him over in the Pokedex??
Groudon??​

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Hey dshayabusa!
Hows everything going for the hack?
Have you fixed up some of the glitches and tile mistakes?
Wow, Arceus!
Who did you put him over in the Pokedex??
Groudon??​
Yeah, i've fixed all the glitches and I put Arceus in Armaldo's position.

You need some new tiles, but the maps look nice :)
Loganmaster1234 is putting in a whole bunch of tiles for me at the moment, but there are is alot so it'll take some time.

I've done a lot mapping-wise, but scripting the national library is taking a long time.

EDIT: Oh, and i've also made the starting screen, I'll make a video of it soon.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Havn't heard from you for a while, so you must of been busy!
Good to see you have edited the Title Screen and your getting new tiles.
Oh yep thats cool.
Anyway best of luck.​

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2012
hello
im playing pokemon genesis, and i went inside brock's gym
i went out and outside, the girl's script was kind of weird and she wouldn't let me go back inside
also the guy in ash's home town, outside the houses, doesn't talk when you try to talk to him
when i also talked with the guy and he said did you see the museum, i said no and he went through the pokemart and trees and through the gym. he then stopped and left, and i couldn't move anywhere
i also talked with the policeman near the canyon, and he let me pass, even though i didn't beat the gym leader
and why is there brock?
isn't ivy the gym leader
can anyone help me with these problems please?
thanks

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Ok, well I've got a lot done. I've inserted Giratina, Gible, Gabite and Garchomp. I've completely redone the first town, route 1 and the third town and I've started the mapping of the first versions of 3 other towns. I've got an idea I'd like feedback on; I want to make it so that the decisions you make in the game impact the ending so you can either side with your father or the people opposing your father. It would pretty much just happen with yes/no boxes and special flags say about 5-10 that are set or cleared depending on the event. The first opportunity you will get to affect this will be in Latim City when you see your father and someone comes looking for him, you can either help them or lie. It won't change the major part of the game, ie you can become the champion no matter what but the way major people (ie. rivals, elite 4, prof. oak) will perceive you will change.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2012
hello
im playing the prebeta revised and im happy to see that most of the glitches that were in the pre beta were gone
good luck on this game!

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Wow, awesome job! The thing that you put d/p pokes in is great!
Yeah, there will be approximately 30 or so DP Pokemon mostly evolutions and legendarys.

hello
im playing the prebeta revised and im happy to see that most of the glitches that were in the pre beta were gone
good luck on this game!
I've fixed all the glitches except the nickname one it still dosn't work (i've used namepokemon and raw values)

Why is the FRLG guy and Gary and POSSIBLY the FRLG Girl still there?
I havn't even released a beta yet. I'm still working on the sprites. It says on the first post in status that i'm working on graphical stuff atm.

Anyway since I probably won't be able to do anything today I thought I would show what I've been doing so far.
smaadg.png

Credits to Fanking Omega for the house, kyledove for the tree and Christos for the grass (ripped from his rom base). Not much, right? Well I seriously considered for a while starting again on Ruby but it would take too long and the benefits of Ruby aren't enough to shadow the work it would take to get back to what I'm up to.

EDIT: There is a small error in the house you probably won't notice that needs to be fixed but thats easy.

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2012
hello again
i just want to say that when you fight the hicker near the max ether in the first cave, his script suddenly turns into symbols when you fight his first geodude
it's not really a major thing, but it was kind of weird
i just want to say that the pre beta is really fun!

Back