• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen B2W2 Trailer!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
On the official site:

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/

Takes a bit to load, but hey!

THINGS WE CAN LEARN:

- season effect when walking in at least one route
- no follow-me feature
- rival likes speaking to what appears to be the criminal team. If it's plasma they're dressing differently. Speaking in electric-gym city place?
- there is a stage/show thing with the prof walking up to greet/battle you...? Large crowd.
- underwater tunnels look cool
- that building with the man and mech/pokemon thing is a new thing in the game... a show or movie or something?
- Minncino gets an encountrable in-game event?
- lilypads gimmick of water gym
- pelliper line and absol encounterable as double battle.
- trainers have animated sprites

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Trainer animation for the non-special! However there's definitely no sign of the follow me feature, which I expected (but was hoping for). This makes me so much more excited now!!!!

The building definitely makes out to be a movie type thing. I wonder what the professor/protagonist was doing walking on what seemed to be a stage? But definitely some great footage, even the battle scene looks updated and amazing!

*replays trailer*

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I NEED TO KNOW THE ROMANJI OR WHATEVER FOR THE RIVAL'S NAME!!!!!!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
No follow me feature makes me sad :<

But everything else looks awesome! Really excited to see more. I wonder if those guys blocking the protagonists way are a new villainous team?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
WHAT?! Keldeo is gunna be an event for B2W2?! RIP OFF!

Also never noticed that the Movie is coming out after the game. Which is weird. I don't think they've done that before have they?

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
To me, the whole game looks like it's in a completely new region but most likely that this happened somewhat years in the future?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
To me, the whole game looks like it's in a completely new region but most likely that this happened somewhat years in the future?
It's been confirmed this is in Unova two years after BW events, and starts in a different part of Unova too.

I wonder what is the deal with the audience and stuff with the trainer and professor? And the show/movie?

Now, what is all that dialogue talking about?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Anyone else notice the grassy field/new HP bar? I'm loving it! The trailer has me going crazy over these games.

d2bmA.png

Cello

Tonight!
Years
POCKETU MONSUTA BRAKKU KAYUDEM, WHITTU KAYUDEM
Looks like we will be seeing Eevee out in the wild AND it looks like we get to be movie stars? :o
Thanks for sharing that by the way!

P.S. I can see A LOT of green behind the ice, so it's definitely just hiding the rest of the map and not actually Unova frozen.
img_story_00.jpg

EDIT: Naw I didn't even notice that Kaori, but it looks really good! Love dat GUI.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Keldeo isn't even implemented as a special event in B/W. You get a small bonus for bringing it into B/W, but there's nothing really special about it. (We'll be lucky if we can get one as a Mystery Gift, though.)

I totally called it. This scientist dude is "mysterious". Maybe he really is evil!
Or maybe he's a recurring figure like Eusine is.

They do have a built in event in the Moor of Iccirus when you bring it and the others of the Trio.

There were other events for the others, though the actual way to get them was never disclosed, none were item events so I'm sure the hackers just couldn't find it.

My surprise was more towards, I thought Keldeo's movie would be before B2W2's release and remember seeing something about the Keldeo event being for BW before today, but now its B2W2 event.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I don't think I've been this excited for a Pokemon game since.... Well I've never been this excited for a Pokemon game. I was very impressed at how much detail they put into B/W but after seeing this I think I might need to get a 3DS just to fully enjoy it.

Any news on the version specifics yet?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
@Above - Nope, no specifics yet. All we know on exclusives are that Black Kyurem will be in Black 2 and White Kyurem will be in White 2.

For those who don't want to deal with loading the official site, a Youtube video is up with the trailer.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Anyone else notice the grassy field/new HP bar? I'm loving it! The trailer has me going crazy over these games.

d2bmA.png

I think I like the little touches added to the battle screens, too :) I also noticed that the text box for battles have been given a revamp and now no longer has anything red in it.

It now looks a bit too detailed for some reason. Maybe it's because we're used to smear-o-vision backgrounds since Gen IV :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Don't really like that italic bar. I'm fine with the grass itself, but the HP bar will take a while to get used to it. XD;

Anyway, everything else that the trailer showed? Awesome. :3

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
It's been confirmed this is in Unova two years after BW events, and starts in a different part of Unova too.

I wonder what is the deal with the audience and stuff with the trainer and professor? And the show/movie?

Now, what is all that dialogue talking about?

I'm calling it, the protags are celebrities after saving the world 2 years ago :P (assuming it is the same characters, as they have a striking resemblance). Makes sense why they're on stage with people cheering for them ;3

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Awesome trailer, I didn't expect that they would animate the normal trailers.
I think the next trailer will show about Team Plasma or a new Team.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
I wonder what the Minccino event thing is? In the trailer at 1.00 where the protagonist approaches in, in what looks to be a forest.

Riansky

Purr
Years
Unova_B2W2.png

Don't really remember that "town/city" (red circle) from orginal unova so I think its a newly build town/city. Rock gym maybe ?
Also I think Unova is a bit more tropical now!

Back