• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what gender to you prefer your favorite Pokémon

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
what gender do you prefer your top 10 favorite Pokémon? list your top 10 favorite Pokémon and the gender you prefer to have that Pokémon as. Legendary Pokémon are welcome in this thread and you are welcome to give them a gender as well. list more than 10 if you want too...mine are

1. Reshiram = Female
2. Moltres = Female
3. Black Kyurem = Male
4. Articuno = Female
5. Lugia = Male
6. Samurott = Male
7. Flareon = Female
8. Jolteon = Male
9. Palkia = Female
10. Sylveon = Female

Sirfetch’d

I don't have gender preferences on my favorite Pokemon because it just simply doesn't make a difference to me! The only Pokemon that I prefer certain genders on are the Pokemon that look gender specific(like Machamp or Conkeldurr)

Years
Yes Genders are just a social thing in Pokemon world meaning nothing to me. I just want to have a balanced Gender team and that goes for every Legendary Also that is if they have Genders.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
All my favorite Pokemon are 50/50 Male/Female gender, most of the time I don't mind what gender they are when I'm catching, I will give them an appropriate nickname based on the Pokemon's gender - I think I mentioned on another topic, I don't want to give a female Pokemon a male-type nickname.

My only exception is when I play a specific challenge and have all my team selected with nicknames.... that's when gender plays an important role.

If I have my preference for a gender - by favorite Pokemon order, bold is my favorite - then it would be:
01 - Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott - Female
02 - Patrat/Watchog - Female
03 - Mienfoo/Mienshao - Female
04 - Buizel/Floatzel - Male
05 - Zigzagoon/Linoone - Male
06 - Eevee/Leafeon - Male [don't use the other Eeveelutions so I didn't include them]
07 - Purrloin/Liepard - Male
08 - Snivy/Servine/Serperior - Female
09 - Sentret/Furret - Male
10 - Zorua/Zoroark - Female

Last edited:
Years
I don't mind most about genders but if I'm using the Gothitelle line they must always be female. I just can't stand seeing them as boys, same with Kirlia, Gardevoir, Bellossom, Clefairy line, Audino etc.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Depends on the pokemon. I have a few pokemon that I like, but some just have to be male or female. Just kinda annoys me to see a male pokemon that looks like a female. Or a freaking female Mr.Mime or male Jynx which really really annoys me.

Years
These are my favorites, I tried to condense the list, but it is difficult.

Vespiqen - Female (obviously)
Lilligant - Female (obviously)
Froslass - Female (obviously)

Gardervoir - Female
Liepard - Female
Milotic - Female
Lopunny - Female
Gastrodon - Female(Pink)

Volcarona - Either
Rapidash - either

Gastrodon - Male (Blue)
Arcanine - Male
Manetric - Male
Camerupt - Male
Flygon - Male

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Female:
Umbreon
Petilil
Jolteon
Victini
Altaria
Sylveon
Blaziken

Male:
Black Kyurem
Venonat
Furret
Quilava
Smeargle
Rotom

I think that covers it, haha.

EJ Nero

Water forever
Years
Depends on the pokemon. I have a few pokemon that I like, but some just have to be male or female. Just kinda annoys me to see a male pokemon that looks like a female. Or a freaking female Mr.Mime or male Jynx which really really annoys me.

Just think of it as feminine males and females with high testosterone levels. We even have them IRL. {XD}

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Like many others, it depends on the Pokemon. Male Bellossoms, Audinos, Gardevoirs, etc get a bit on my nerves. Same goes for Pokemon like Machamp.

I like to keep Glaceon, one of my favorites, as a female, along with some other Eeveelutions as well.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I don't feel like listing much, but some of my favorite pokémon, I can bring up.

Sneasel/Weavile, I prefer as females. They are just more cool when they are females, than if they are males imo. Sneaky, slashy, ice cold girls.

Octillery, I prefer as male. It just feels like a male to me and I can't describe why.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I'm pretty indifferent on gender for most Pokemon. Some Pokemon I do perceive a certain way but I don't make a big fuss about it if I have a hard time finding the Pokemon of that gender (for example.. I'm not going to keep restarting my HG/SS/G/S/C games for the sake of getting a female Chikorita)

Of course there are the obvious ones like Machop/Machoke/Machamp which so obviously look male. It bothers me to no end to see those as females. I mean, they made the Tyrogue evolutionary family all-male... so why didn't they do that with these guys?

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
1. Sandshrew = male
2. Mudkip = male
3. Oshawott = male
4. Shroomish = male
5. Quilava = male
6. Ivysaur = female

I don't have an official top 10 list, and the rest of my favorites start to blur together. A majority of what I would probably list next, such as Togekiss, Leafeon, and Whimsicott, I would prefer as females.

Because I like to identify with the top 4 of my list, that might explain why I prefer them as males.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
As long as my Pokémon are being helpful, their genders don't matter to me. Genders could be beneficial if you're a breeder. If you are not one, then you have no use for them, really. I know that some Pokémon are meant to be a certain gender, but I don't let those kind of things bother me. xD"

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I don't like female Pokémon unless they're feminine looking ones to begin with.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
I don't really have a preference when it comes to whatever gender a Pokémon is. In fact, gender is rarely something I pay attention to when catching new Pokémon or choosing Pokémon for my team. They're all the same to me!

Back