• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I think Ninfia will be Dragon type. Sounds a little weird, but come on, Vibrava is also Dragon Type.

Vibrava is based on a 'Dragonfly', hence why it's Dragon type, so that reasoning doesn't really work.

If anything it will most likely be flying due to the kite-tail ribbons.

Years
Here's a random idea; its' official name is Sylveon, so what if it was Steel-type? Sylv? Silver?
...Maybe not. In my opinion, it's either Bug- or Flying-type.

blue

gucci
Years
Ok, I've just read Serebii and it's Sylveon huh? I like that name and it's kind of giving off a silver/steel feel to the name but judging by it's appearance I wouldn't class it as a steel type.. hmm.

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
I feel like sylveon is

A ghost type, anyone else? I mean she's very pastel, the fangs, the eyes, ghosts can be cutesy right?
Anyone with me? I'm no expert on attacks in any way but they also led me to think this, even though I have no idea what's what.

What are your thoughts on typing?

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Sylveon -> Sylph and "Sylphs are female and are almost transparent. They're slender and graceful, with large glistening eyes and huge wings".

That to me seems like a fairly strong endorsement of this being the Flying type Eeveelution.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
Clue: Ninfia is considered the lightest eeveelution. Though not the lightest Pokemon, but the light weightness could provide a clue. Flying comes to mind, maybe some way of flight, I picture Sylveon could create wings made of energy. Imagine Sylveon with feather wings, it would look very cool.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Corocoro mentioned that that more secrets will be revealed about it next month. Sooo that will be the new addition. Any hopes? Maybe it's typing will be revealed? Or maybe how to actually evolve Eevee to it?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I like the English name, and that it likely hints towards Flying-type Eeveelution. If that's trueee then I wonder why they decided on only flying??

But ya, I think next month we'll definitely get its typing, and perhaps details about an event involving it maybe...?

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Sylveon -> Sylph and "Sylphs are female and are almost transparent. They're slender and graceful, with large glistening eyes and huge wings".

That to me seems like a fairly strong endorsement of this being the Flying type Eeveelution.

I had the same idea, Sylv could only mean Sylph and Sylphs are beings of the air, so it's one of the biggest pieces of evidence that it'd end up as a flying type.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Thats not all true. Slyphs can be male as they have no real gender. They are spirits that use wind to construct their bodies and are usually feminine by looks but fan take male forms. Though they are really genderless spiritual constructs.

I am agreeing that Sylveon has a good chance of being Flying now, but still have to wit for confirmation.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
If it DOES end up being Flying type, i would be disappointed. Yes, it's the lightest eevelution but not my much. Neither does it have a very aerodynamic Body shape.4 ribbons can't lift 23 kgs.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
So wait, are the bow tie and ribbons coming from its flesh? It sure looks like it and that's plain creepy.

What a soulless design, borderline terrible. Then again I suppose that's what you should expect from an Eevee evolution.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Given the English name, which is pretty awesome by the way, I think it's looking more and more likely that Sylveon will be a Flying type. With the Sylph connection, does anyone think the long ribbons were inspired from the Sylph Hummingbird?

Spoiler:

Also, we've got some footage.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
I like that idea. I'd love for it to be a Ghost. The shiny can be purple maybe.

Also, this is gonna get moved to the CoroCoro discussion thread.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
oh my god, what if it is? the move at :15 could be aerial ace!!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I dig "Sylveon". I have no idea what the first attack was, but the next two were most definitely Trump Card and Swift.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I dig "Sylveon". I have no idea what the first attack was, but the next two were most definitely Trump Card and Swift.

It looked like focus blast, not sure though. I'm curious what that third move was though. It looks like it's charging up Zap Cannon but it just stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back