• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite pokemon that Ash had?

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
In every region, what is your favorite Pokemon that Ash captured? My favorite has to be the Caterpie/Metapod/Buterfree evolution. It happened in the first few episodes, and Caterpie was the second pokemon he had.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Ah well... I adored Treecko and Corphish. And I still like Muk and Charizard. And big sister Snivy is amazing and bby Scraggy is ridic and adorable. Sunglasses Krookodile has always been cool. And I really like Pokémon with distinct personalities and interesting group interactions. :3

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Hard one because I barely like any of Ash's Pokemon. I liked his Charizard, Sceptile and Gligar because they're interesting and I just like the way they act. xD I love his Oshawott, of course, because it is adorable. The other Pokemon of his I like are his Squirtle, Buterfree and perhaps his Staraptor for being so epic.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
So far, and still has, will be Oshawott, not just because its cute, but mainly since I love that sea otter Pokemon.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I liked Chikorita for fighting for Ash's attention and I loved Totodile's enthusiasm. Ash's Squirtle and its backstory was pretty cool too. Yeahhhh I miss the Squirtle Squad! B) /nostalgia tripping

Years
Caterpie/Butterfree has to be one of my favorites, too, since it was the first Pokemon that Ash ever caught, and it had a fun personality (his Butterfree was one of the reasons that it became one of my favorite Pokemon).

I also really enjoyed his Squirtle, too, especially the way it started out (and later returned) as the leader of the Squirtle Squad.

Archenoth

The arch foe
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2020
Osha, Oshawott!

That little Pokemon has so many D'awwww moments.
Oshawott.gif

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
I'm sorry I'm going to be boring lol but for me it has to be his Charizard, its personality was wicked and I loved watching its (eventual!) love for Ash develop :)
I agree with this! I loved the dynamics between Ash and Charizard, it made for great character development.

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2013
Oshawott was the best in my opinion. I liked Charizard, but Ash's Charizard was so boring with his behavior.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Chikorita, Totodile and Butterfree!

I was sad on the S.S. Anne when he threw his Pokeball and Butterfree didn't come out :( fugly Raticate did.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
His Krookodile is one of my favorites. The color of his skin (unlike his pre-evolutions) actually matches the color of his sunglasses, and I believe that along with wearing the glasses itself makes him stand out compared to all of Ash's other Pokemon.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Squirtle, entirely because he was unlike most of Ash's other Pokemon. It's easy to see, that all of his Pokemon have different personalities, though some are more apparent than others, and Squirtle is an example of those. Mischievous from his time in the Squirtle Squad, but also determined to win his battles, and prove himself to Ash. He may not be as memorable as, say, Ash's Charizard, but he's still always been one of my favourites of the ones Ash has caught. It may be because I'm a gen I junkie, and that the first season was the only one I ever fully watched through and the first 3 movies being the ones I've watched the most, but I still think there's something about him. I also liked Infernape a lot, but that was more based on the whole journey the two of them went through to rid Chimchar of his influences from Paul, and having him master Blaze and all, but in the end Infernape turned out to be one of Ash's strongest Pokemon, and I liked that, especially because it's one of my favourites from the fourth generation. But, alas, Squirtle still beats Infernape :p

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
I liked Chikorita, it wasn't very often the whole pokemon/trainer relationship is deconstructed like that.
I also enjoyed Haunter, he was silly.

Back