• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X and Y Likes and Dislikes/Disappointments thread

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
There isn't enough information out about the games to give a definite list of likes and dislikes, other than the 3D aspects, Sylveon and the Newtwo.

This. We barely know anything lol but my first dislike might come pending Sylveon's type.

Also, Mewbuu meaning a forme and not a new Pokemon. I can deal with it, but I would've preferred a new Pokemon instead! It would make for an interesting back story about prior attempts (or new attempts after Mewtwo's "failure") to create Mew from its genes.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I was excited to come into the forum to discuss new XY info and semi-speculate, but with this little information it's basically 100% speculation and hopes for the new game. Why I've been holding off from this XY board is because I don't really like to participate in this because it kind of gets my hopes up, because a game isn't ever perfect when it's the first in its generation, especially because this is an entirely new style.

I was disappointed by lack of information because they revealed the games so early, but then... nothing. We don't even know something as simple as the Legendary's types, or the protagonist's actual looks. They even reveal a Pokemon and then FOR WEEKS hide its typing. Although I know the game will be great, they're not really setting themselves up well here, there has been so much buildup to Sylveon's typing that it has to be.. "good" and I guess not just like "it's Flying type" or whatever. It's because people have explored thinking of the possibility that its a standard type, so now they're wondering, is it a dual type? is it part of an eeveelution pair? is it a new type? and if it's none of those its going to be kind of disappointing =/

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's great they're revealing things, but is there much harm in saying, "the Legendary is Dark/Flying" or "Sylveon is flying." I mean, I guess it's a new type and all but still..

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I can say safely I like most of the things I see at this point. There isn't enough information or info revealed to pick out anything I dislike so far except for probably Mewthree. Honestly, is it really necessary? I suppose one could say that we should give it a second chance, but honestly I see complete resemblance to Mewtwo. The only difference is, honestly it looks like Mewtwo's tail got moved to it's head and... that's all the difference I see to be honest. But I was a tad bit disappointed, I mean it looks average, I would of preferred if Mewtwo was dressed in it's armour forme like it was in the First Movie, but that's just me.

Other than that I have to say the game overall is looking impressive. I remember seeing vine swinging in there which would be fun if it was like in a forest, there could be all sorts of other obstacles in the game, like more puzzles maybe. Even if the vine swinging was just apart of a gym, I have to say the graphics look great. Honestly I don't mind the protagonist's designs and the possibility of rollerskates is also a cool concept.

I guess another disappointment however is Froakie. I mean the other starters are alright, Chespin was pretty cute and Fennekin was rather cool but Froakie I feel like it's a mini Seismitoad. It doesn't have that look of a starter and honestly, I guess I just didn't like the design. But yeah overall, X and Y are looking promising so far. n_n

Years
I do admit there were a few flaws but the major disappointment for me was the new Mewtwo form (which looks a bit odd compared to the original Mewtwo) and the early reveal of the games, plus the constant speculation of Sylveon's type.

I don't find any of the starters weird, not even Froakie. I think he's cute!

Also, I didn't like the male Trainer's design. He looked way too much like Hilbert to me.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
Alright, where to start?
I really like the starters. Fennekin is cute, and doesn't look like it will Evolve into another Fire/Fighting Type. Froakie looks cool, and Chespin looks...original. But I like it.
I don't really like Xerneas. Doesn't feel like a Legendary to me. Yveltal is much better.
Sylveon is the most adorable Pokemon I've ever seen, and is by far my favourite Pokemon ever!
"Newtwo" is the worst part of Gen 6 for me so far. It kind of ruined one of my favourite Legendaries, and looks horrible on top of that.
So yeah, liking X and Y so far, even with "Newtwo".

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
  • The starters (minus Froakie, but that's not too bad either)
  • The female protagonist
  • Sylveon
  • The cultural influences we have seen geographically
Dislikes:
  • The new Mewtwo form (I just don't get it I guess. It's not the aesthetic either, as it looks pretty cool, I just don't get why we're taking a Pokémon so old and giving it a new form)
  • The male protagonist (Another Hilbert/Nate clone, ugh)

Other than that I'm not really swayed by too much else, as we haven't really seen enough yet!

Zekrom1066

Master of Ideals
Years
Honestly I do not really like Generation 6, even though I'm a fan of the newer Gens.

I don't like Froakie, Sylveon, the two Mascots and especially Awakened Mewtwo. I do like the other two starters though. For "Newtwo", I just don't like it's limbs and also the fact that its tail is shifted to its head. I know GameFreak is trying to sort of please the Mewtwo fans, but in the end the design did not turn out as good as expected. I just kind of feel that they are just dumping new formes to the older legends.

Also, I don't really like the male protagonist's design, looks too Hilbert-ish to me...

There may be huge changes in this Gen, but we still have to accept it though...

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Since there isn't too much information so far i can't say that much, but here it goes:

Likes so far
- The Starter Pokemon designs
- New design of battles
- The fact it's (supposedly) based on Europe
- The 2 mascot legendaries, especially Yveltal!!
- Seems there are going to be rollerblades? :D

Dislikes/Disappointments so far
- Mewtwo's new forme (just looks weird to me)
- Male Protagonist design, too "classic"

Silver Ice

Into the night...
Years
Oh man, where to start.

Well, I guess I'll start with the most logical: starters. Err.... they're alright but I'm disappointed overall. Fennekin is decent. Nothing I really hate about it, yet nothing I like either. Chespin is just not clicking with me. I admire GF for going for something very different in terms of Grass-type starters. Prior to Chespin, they were all reptilian. Now they're going mammal. However, I'm not impressed. It reminds me too much of Pachirisu, and those buck teeth... ugh. Also, I don't like the brown color. It's too dark, I think it would have looked better if it was a lighter brown, or maybe a golden color. And Froakie, oh gosh Froakie. Terrible. I usually always prefer the water type starters, but Froakie has broken the trend. Do I really need to explain why I don't like Froakie? Sigh... well at least we still have evolutions to look forward to! I have a feeling Froakie's evolution line will be pretty cool, so I may end up choosing Froakie after all. But for now if I had to choose, it would be Fennekin.

I also am not impressed with Sylveon. Its design is too cutesy and it doesn't look cool at all. I don't mind the pink, but the huge light blue eyes and the bow (it has some kind of bow or something... or maybe I'm just seeing things. I've only seen Sylveon like three times, so maybe I shouldn't be criticizing it, but still) just ruin it for me (for ME, I'm not saying nobody will like it but I sure don't). Also, I really hope they don't introduce a new type now. I think the 17 we have are good and adding a new one might make things complicated. We'll see, though.

And finally, the new Mewtwo form. It's ugly and looks like it belongs on Dragon Ball Z.

But, I will give Gen. VI one thing. The Legendary Mascots look awesome. I love Xerneas and Yveltal!

I'm excited for new information and I'm sure that for every poorly designed Pokemon, there will be an awesomely designed Pokemon to make up for it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Not sure if this thread is dead now (it says four weeks...) >_<. Hope not.
Anyways I really like all the new features they're adding. This generation is shaping out to be what Generation 5 promised but never was.

Back