• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blob-Man

Gmack

I'm back!
Years
BLOB-MAN
For Advanced Players only!

Story:
The princess in the BLOB kingdom has been locked inside the tower!
You must go through 5 extremely hard levels and rescue the princess!

Information:
I found the platform engine, and just had the idea that I HAD to make.
The levels in this game are extremely hard, so if you like a challenge,
this is the game for you. Otherwise, try EASY mode.

Controls:
Left/Right - Move
Up - Jump
Down - Duck
Save - F5
Load - F6

Download:

Screenshots:
'cause that's what you want to see...
Spoiler:

Credits:
Ed - Platform Engine
GoldJinjo - Music
SinclairC - Music

Enjoy!
By the way, if you wanna do a speed run on my game, feel free to do so, and post your time in here!

<This area is reserved for speed run times>

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
This is a complete and blatant rip-off of Edmund's Platform Engine. You're even using his default graphics. All you've done, is expand the levels. I realise you have credited him but to be honest, you should almost credit him for making the entire 'game' as 99% of the work is his engine/sprites.

Normally I would support any fellow Game Maker user, but I really don't feel you have added anything to this ready-made Platform Engine.

In my opinion, this isn't really a 'game' you should be showing off. This is more like a practice exercise in using a platform engine, it's not a 'game'.

Gmack

I'm back!
Years
Lay off, Rossay.
If what I did wasn't a game, then i guess Pokemon Raptor was a practice excercise, then? That's what engines are for. 98% percent of essentials users don't actually
make their own stuff, due to those 98% being lazy/non-scriptors. Again, this is what engines are for.
But I accept your critisism, at any rate.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Lay off, Rossay.
If what I did wasn't a game, then i guess Pokemon Raptor was a practice excercise, then? That's what engines are for. 98% percent of essentials users don't actually
make their own stuff, due to those 98% being lazy/non-scriptors. Again, this is what engines are for.

He's got a point. Don't try defending yourself by attacking users who use Essentials. At least the people that use Essentials don't keep the same graphics. They change it and customize it to their likings. Unlike your game, which keeps the same graphics.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Lay off, Rossay.

That is what engines are for, but a lot of people using Essentials have taken the engine given to them and expanded it in different ways - as well as doing some other interesting things of their own with it.

In the future, don't insult other users to ward off criticism, it reflects poorly on you.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I think what the previous posters were trying to say is, that we feel that the graphics could do with an update since these are all used in another game. You should throw a little originality into it rather than making it look exactly like another one. Most of us don't have the time or knowledge to code an entire engine by ourselves, so we make up for it by changing the graphics and gameplay in a way that will make it stand out as opposed to looking like another game.

So why not try making your own graphics for it and putting more of a unique twist on the game? I think people would appreciate it a lot more that way. Though I agree with Rossay, and I don't think this one should be in The Showcase just yet.

Back