• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
your game

hey um i can help u and u should make a beta i wana play ur game

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2022
I'll probably make it so you can, if you advance to the Elite 4. I want to have all the Indigo battles that happen before that, and maybe make those battles so you don't have to repeat them once they're won. So if you're a better trainer than Ash, you can beat the Elite 4 and the champ.

when u say battles before. my memorys fuzzy of first season but wil lthere be clips of the battles befor. like i think there are soem where u see images of richies battles etc.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I have uploaded an IPS file for Beta 1 now of my hack:

Pokémon AshGray - BETA 1.0

It goes up to the Primeape event, so if you go into Celadon City, that's where the hack ends. Please play it and let me know any thoughts on what I should change/improve and let me know any errors, from the smallest to the biggest. I'm sure there will be unexpected ones that will crop up.

Also, if you play and enjoy it and feel it has potential, please vote for it as Hack of the Week.

Thanks! :)

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
Spoiler:

Bugs I found

I have not finished the game but I will post more bugs if I
find any

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Spoiler:

Bugs I found

I have not finished the game but I will post more bugs if I
find any

Thanks! I have no idea how a Slowpoke sprite showed up in place of a tree!

Great news! Cg Metapod
By the way since alo found some bug are ya gonna release bugfix beta? :)

Thanks! And yes, I think I will release like a Beta 1.1 with fixed bugs once a good amount of bugs are found.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2009
I found a problem...after Cerulean City I headed to the Underground Path but I couldnt enter for some reason so I left and headed east to Rock Tunnel.

There is usually a tree that blocks the way, but there wasnt so I continued through. After reaching the Pokemon Center near the Power Plant I tried to go back to Cerulean City but the tree appeared. Without having Cut or Flash I am stuck in that route. =(

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2011
hey good work on the beta. however if u want to finish this hack quick dont have a breck between betas. just counitue working.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Hi Metapod! I've been playing this Hack but I found some spelling mistakes:

First Pic: First, not Fist
Second Pic: Electric, not Electic

Well, if I find more spelling mistakes, I'll post here! Bye for now.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I found a problem...after Cerulean City I headed to the Underground Path but I couldnt enter for some reason so I left and headed east to Rock Tunnel.

There is usually a tree that blocks the way, but there wasnt so I continued through. After reaching the Pokemon Center near the Power Plant I tried to go back to Cerulean City but the tree appeared. Without having Cut or Flash I am stuck in that route. =(

Yeah, I have no idea why that tree vanishes. Sorry. But this reminds me to suggest that you save often and to look out for glitches. If you want to continue, I'd suggest getting Advance Map and just deleting the tree that's blocking you and saving the rom, and then going back to Cerulean City.

hey good work on the beta. however if u want to finish this hack quick dont have a breck between betas. just counitue working.

I'm not necessarily looking for speed with the hack. But I don't want to obsess over it too much, so I might take a little break from it just to focus on other things. I do want to continue fixing the glitches as they show up, though.

why wont the rom work for my VBA do i have to do something to make it work

It's an IPS file that you have to patch to an existing Fire Red Rom. The forums don't allow you to upload actual roms.

Hi Metapod! I've been playing this Hack but I found some spelling mistakes:

First Pic: First, not Fist
Second Pic: Electric, not Electic

Well, if I find more spelling mistakes, I'll post here! Bye for now.

Hey, thanks! I really try not to make spelling mistakes, but some of those things just slip by. I appreciate having them pointed out so I can fix them. :)

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019
Spoiler:

More bugs I found

After getting Bulbasaur where do i go the underground path is not working

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Spoiler:

More bugs I found

After getting Bulbasaur where do i go the underground path is not working

Thank you for the errors. I'm sorry, I had no idea that the warp wasn't working in the Underground Path - it was working the last time I went through that part, and somehow the warp got moved out of the doorway since then ...

Anyway, I uploaded a Beta 1.1 where the warp should work now.

AshGray Beta 1.1

Back