• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Tainted Waters: The Wrath of Suicune [OOC]

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I edited my 3rd post showing that my character passed by Turkish's character to avoid a time hole, or whatever you want to call it.

Flydro

doobz
Years
I posted! Sorry for not posting sooner, I have been trying to get through my finals for school this past week. Fortunately tomorrow is my last one.

My post was basically a filler post that announced everyone heading to the dance theatre. Right now people are just arriving to the theatre so nothing major has started yet. Once inside, you guys can find a seat or meet people to talk to for a bit. One key thing to remember: Eusine has not arrived yet. I'll kickstart everything in my next post with an announcement from the Kimono Girls and Eusine.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Has anyone contacted the people who have not yet gotten to the theater? I know we all have lives, but I really want to get started. Lol.

Flydro

doobz
Years
Am I still able to join?Please let me know.

Hey there I'm the mod for this rp. I'm sorry to say, but signups are closed for now.

Regarding my last post, Eusine has arrived and the ceremony has started! Everyone will be able to meet Eusine (and each other) after the ceremony is over. Sorry if it seems like I take a while to post at times, but I try not to post too often so everyone else has a chance to catch up. But I check the RP every day so don't worry!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
No worries. I don't like posting again when there are some who have not yet posted a 2nd or 3rd time. I doubt I will have time to make the next post tonight. I will try to end my post with Aria coming out if she does not post before me so we can all be on the same time frame again.

Flydro

doobz
Years
I'm not rushing anyone with posting, we just started so the story isn't far along. I know we all have lives so I don't expect anyone to post every day. I do expect you guys to post often enough to where you don't fall behind though, or at least give some notice beforehand that you won't be able to post so I can either slow down or move the story along and arrange to bring your character in later or something. Just trying to avoid plot stalling so the story can progress. I'll never drop anyone because they are too busy to post as long as you try and give some notice. Now I know we are early on into the story so there are mostly fillers, and I'm not rushing for posts but I'll say the more active people get then the easier it will be for me to move the story ahead and we can get to all the real action and stuff much faster!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Since everyone has seemed to disappeard at the moment, most likely because of the Holidays, I am not the Mod of this game, but right now sign ups are closed. Like he said a while ago, he may re open sign ups later on, but not right now.

Flydro

doobz
Years
Has entry reached it's limit? I would like to join.

Am I still able to join?Please let me know.

Can I join? If not can I ever?

I wasn't expecting to get as many requests but after giving it some thought I've decided to add 2 more spots! We are still early on in the story so I don't mind adding a couple more people. ANYONE who is interested in joining may apply, even if I have declined a previous signup you may post another one and try again. Spots are limited so first come, first served and no reservations to be fair.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Oh my. I'd like to be in, but I don't want to rush a SU. I'll try to get one up as soon as I can today.

Flydro

doobz
Years
No rush, take the time you need to make a good signup. I was just pointing out that I can't hold any reservations so everyone isn't competing for just one spot and all have an equal chance to join.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2013
Darn! Is there still space?! XD It looks like those two spots were snapped up quick poo!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Let me know if you want me to describe more about his looks. But he's pretty much wearing a black suit and yellow shirt, with matching yellow glasses that he sometimes keeps down and sometimes in his hair like that. And yes, he wears a tie as well. He's from a wealthy family that taught him to dress well, even though he pimps it up in his sloppy way :3 And of course, let me know if you want me to add an RP sample or anything else.

Hometown: Olivine City
Theme song: Click here

Bio: Born with a wealthy businessman for a father and a mother who was the manager of the Pokémart in Olivine City, Joseph never lacked anything when he grew up. He had two older brothers, one who expressed interest in his father's business and the other who was groomed to take over after their mother one day. Joseph was quite the normal child, but he always felt like he had to struggle to be as visible and good as his brothers, which was why he seemed to have a really good self-confidence in school and gained a lot of friends who thought he was cool. Truth was that his parents throughout his childhood had a silent war of what would become of Joseph when he grew up. Besides the two businesses that made the Bartholomew family decently wealthy, it was also tradition that every family member became a pokémon trainer. His father gave Joseph a Bagon to make him choose the path of a tough trainer, but his mother countered, giving him a female Bulbasaur to make him choose a softer style in training.

In the end, Joseph had enough and with the support of his brothers who were actually quite nice people, he left home and went alone to Sinnoh at the age of 15. There, he traveled and trained his two pokémon for a while, getting to know them and trying to find out who he wanted to be. What kind of trainer and what kind of person. He captured two more pokémon and when his first ones had evolved to their final stages, Joseph returned to Johto, to show his parents that he had become confident for real, without their misguiding help. Despite this, Joseph never challenged any gyms. To compete in the League and become the "very best" was not his goal. As of now, his goal is still to find out, uh, what his goal really is. But something is unnerving in the woods of Johto, not at all like in Sinnoh...

Personality: Joseph is clever. He might seem like an annoying douchebag at times, but in times of need it becomes clear that the boy is not as stupid as you might wish he was. Most of the time, he's wearing a cocky smile and gives out more or less successful retorts to any negative comments he receives. Since he won't feel offended if people try to make fun of him, he won't really realize that he might offend others by doing this. He simply enjoys making fun of things.

He appears very self-confident, to the point where he seems to not care a too great deal about others. This is wrong though. If someone acts nice or generously or shows a good sense of morality, they will instantly earn Joseph's respect. He approves of people who stand up for themselves for the right reasons, because this is what he is trying to do. Beneath his hard, grinning shell, the cleverness also goes deep and makes Joseph strive to deserve his lucky place in the world.

_______________________________________________________________________​

003-f.png

Female // Chlorophyll
Moveset: Power Whip, Petal Dance, Sleep Powder, Take Down
Bio: Joseph received this pokémon as a Bulbasaur from his mother, to counter the more brutal gift from his father. She initially did not like battling but as Joseph chose his own path and eventually made an effort to appreciate her for what she was instead of what he wished her to be, the Bulbasaur started wanting to learn his ways at last. She has high defense stats and Joseph trusts her blindly these days. He has often relied on her when his more daring pokémon has fallen in battle, which is why she has gotten a lot of experience dealing final blows and evolved to her final stage: Venusaur.

373.png

Male // Intimidate
Moveset: Rock Slide, Dragon Pulse, Thunder Fang, Dragon Rush
Bio: Joseph's first pokémon. Given to him as a gift from his father to help him become a tough boy. However, the Bagon and Joseph always fought instead of training together and when the boy also received a Bulbasaur, he started to form his own idea of what he wanted to do in life. Eventually, Bagon let itself be trained by Joseph and somewhat obeyed his orders in battle because they made a pact - Bagon would help Joseph in his trainer career in return for getting the experience needed for evolving into a flying dragon. And so he did. Nowadays, Salamence and Joseph probably trust each other when it really matters, but in everyday life they still fight and tease each other as often as they can and don't really act like friends at all.

502.png

Male // Shell Armor
Moveset: Water Pulse, Aqua Jet, Razor Shell, Double Team
Bio: Caught during Joseph's time in Sinnoh and evolved rather quickly. Even though Dewott is one of Joseph's front pokémon, he won't evolve further yet. He has made a bet with Monferno to see who can beat their own evolution first. Dewott trains hard with his scalchop technique to be able to beat a Samurott as soon as he meets one, proving that size and sheer power is not everything that matters. This disposition has gained Joseph's respect and Dewott sees his trainer as a partner on the battlefield of life.

391.png

Female // Blaze
Moveset: Close Combat, Flame Wheel, Flamethrower, Substitute
Bio: Also caught during Joseph's time in Sinnoh and evolved rather quickly. Even though Monferno is one of Joseph's front pokémon, she won't evolve further yet. She has made a bet with Dewott to see who can beat their own evolution first. Monferno is quite the rash pokémon and never hesitates when Joseph needs her to battle. Every challenge is a step towards becoming stronger, after all. Monferno is a bit more cheerful than Joseph but they are really good friends, sharing the same kind of humor.​

Last edited:

Flydro

doobz
Years
@Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers - your signup is accepted! I like the design of your character a lot, his personality would make it interesting to see how he interacts with the others and develops through the story. The graphics were really cool too. Welcome to the rp! If you're not sure how or where to start, let me know.

Okay now there is only ONE spot left! Anyone who is interested in joining should get their signup posted as soon as they can, because the sooner I can review it the sooner you can get accepted!

Also finally added a last name to my character, lol.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Thank you :) I guess I'll write about why Joseph ended up at the theatre in Ecruteak and then watching the show until Aria comes?

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2013
Name: Samantha Heights (Prefers Sam)

Hometown: Fortree City, Hoenn

Bio: Sam was born in Fortree City and is a Hoenn native. He father was and still is a scientist for the weather institute. Her parents were never quite supportive of her going out on a pokemon journey, thinking it was too dangerous especially out in the near tropical jungles of their home. Sam still developed a voracious love of pokemon however, and instead poured her passion into learning about pokemon, focusing on reading and studying them in scientific and technical terms. She's practically a pokedex all on her own at this point, though is less familiar with Unova pokemon than the four other regions. When she turned 16, her father finally gave her the gift of a companion pokemon, gifting her a castform egg from the breeding program at the weather institute. They agreed that if she could raise the baby to fighting condition, that Sam could do what she wanted with it and leave home if she desired.

They obviously didn't know their daughter well if they expected her not to follow through on it. Sam hatched the egg, revealing the little pink and yellow castform on the inside. Sam named the little shimmering baby Sparkles. Sam was not particularly talented at training, but her extensive knowledge of pokemon assisted her greatly with everything needed to raise and begin battling the little castform. She eventually caught a shy gloom named Valentine and trained him as well. Surprisingly, Sam did not leave the moment Sparkles was ready. She actually went through with college, gaining a degree in pokemon studies and getting an official pokemon researcher's license before leaving.

Sam since traveled all over Hoenn, studying and learning about pokemon in the wild. Though not a very known researcher, she actually took on the gym challenge and successfully beat all the gyms, and eventually traveled to other regions. This gave her a somewhat unique position of being both a competent, somewhat known battler in the hoenn region and a registered researcher. She heard about the increasingly violent pokemon and the disappearence of the legendary dog of Johto, and set her sights on solving the cause of it. Once she was focused on the problem, there was no stopping her. She bought her own ferry ticket to Johto and arrived several weeks ago. She caught a pokemon, Dex the lickitung, from the safari zone to be a native pokemon to work with. Since then she's been doing some of her own investigating, but upon hearing Eusine was nearby, and the expert on Suiccune, she set out to meet him to see if she could get new information or help on the investigation.

Appearance: Sam is very short, and appears young for her age. She is frequently mistaken for a teenager, or occasionally younger if the person is particularly bad with ages. She has a boyish figure, with narrow hips and a nearly invisible chest. He hands are especially delicate, but her nails are not, often cut short. She wears practical clothes; her traveling outfit consists of a black tanktop, tough army pants, sturdy hiking boots and a green bandanna that is usually around her neck, but can pin back her hair or cover her mouth if needed. Her hair is jet black and straight as a bone. It's actually incredibly long, reaching just past her butt, but she keeps it in a tight single braid down her back which shortens it to mid-back. Her face, unlike her body, is actually feminine though with, full lips, heavy round eyebrows, and sharp brown eyes. Her skin is an olive color, slightly darker than normal from her time outside.

Personality: Sam is competent and intelligent and she knows it. She's stubborn as a mule, has little patience for BS, and always thinks she knows best. This can make her a great leader, but she's not so great at teamwork with strangers. She does ease up a bit when she becomes friends with those she's working with, but her habit of being defensive often hinders that. She acts quickly and decisively, but (almost) always has a plan in mind. Her passions can get the better of her sometimes, and she can snap or act quickly then. She has a short explosive tempers and a protective streak a mile wide that can sometimes flare up for complete strangers. Despite her spiny exterior, she can be quite vulnerable. If she does open up and trust someone, only to lose them or have them betray her trust, it's devestating. Her fiery temper hides her passionate core. In her youth she was idealistic, and the realism of traveling through the regions has broken some of that idealism, and the wounds still hurt.

Pokemon: Castform (shiny)
Name: Sparkles
Ability: Forecast
Moveset: Sunny Day, Hail, Rain Dance, Weather Ball
Bio: Sparkles was Sam's first pokemon. Sam's father works at the weather institute and once the established a stable castform breeding program Sparkles was given to Sam as an egg. She's been with Sam ever since, and has been a constant counter to Sam's rather serious and biting personality. She's incredibly loyal to Sam, but is very agreeable, cheerful and pleasant. Her spirits are nearly impossible to dampen, but she does fret and worry when other people are upset, especially Sam. She loves sun bathing and swimming, and is often found cheerfully humming as she basks in the sun. Sam wears the mystic water that came with Sparkles around her neck as a symbol of their bond.

Pokemon: Zubat
Name: Zuzu
Ability: Inner focus
Moveset: Bite, Wing Attack, Confuse Ray, Toxic
Bio: Zuzu is the one pokemon on Sam's team she did not purposefully catch. He just sort've started following her one day as she was travelling through caves. He was extremely young, and took to Sam like a lost puppy. He has a bad habit of stalking and following Sam without her knowing, and he's incredibly stealthy and silent, even more than usual for a zubat, and so Sam has taken to tying a little bell around his neck so he can't sneak up on people without their knowing. Clingy but prone to temper tantrums, Sam likes him, but he's young and weak compared to the rest of the team, so Sam takes careful consideration as to when she uses him in battle.

Pokemon: Lickitung
Name: Dex
Ability: Own Tempo
Moveset: Swagger, Slam, Rollout, Disable
Bio: Dex is the newest member of Sam's team. Sam caught him in the safari zone after arriving early in Johto for the investigation. She's had a little time to train him but is still mostly not entirely sure how to handle the lickitung. He's goofy and acts almost as if perpetually drunk. He seems oblivious to the world, or at least not aware of how much danger he's in every day. Despite all this he is terrifyingly effective in battle, the silly facade covering up a dangerously precise and capable warrior.

Pokemon: Vileplume
Name: Valentine
Ability: Effect Spore
Moveset: Petal Dance, Giga Drain, Substitute, Solar Beam
Bio: Valentine was Sam's second pokemon. She caught him as a gloom outside Fortree city. Their relationship was initially rocky, as Valentine was shy and reluctant to put himself out there in battles and Sam was used to training the very eager and easygoing Sparkles. However, over their long journey together they've grown closer, and while Valentine is still socially bashful, he takes comfort and confidence from Sam and is a beautiful battler.

RP Sample: [will fill in if asked for >.>]

Last edited:

Flydro

doobz
Years
@InkFrog - your character is very unique, glad to see a tough yet educated female trainer here. Like your team setup as well as her overall background. One small detail regarding her bio, she isn't recruited to be part of the team yet since none of the characters know or have met Eusine yet so that minor detail needs to be edited. However, your signup was very good and you're accepted!

As of now, signups are closed! We have enough characters for now so I cannot accept any more for the time being. I wasn't expecting the two spots I opened up to be filled in one day but I'm pleased with the turnout. Again, welcome Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers and InkFrog to the rp!

Back