• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which game has the best move animations?

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
if you've played games from more than one generation, you probably have noticed that some moves, the animation changes in a newer generation.

iyo, what game has the best Pokémon move animations?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I really like the gen III animations. I don't really know why. I used to like...act them out when I was a kid, so maybe that's it haha. Second is definitely gen V though!

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
The latest one is always the best, but I quite like the 4th gen ones. 3rd gen was too similar to 2nd gen (some moves, like Flamethrower), which was annoying to me because the GBA is much superior to the old GBC and could render better stuff.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I like the 4th gen the best. They took their time on this one and not rush out the moves like in the B/W games :P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I wanna come back to this to mention a certain move, Slash. It was one of my favorite moves when I was a kid playing RSE. It looked like such a sharp and strong attack. And when gen IV came around, I felt like they really nuked the animation of Slash. It looked much more fearsome in gen III than in later games. That's just one move though, but it has always stuck out to me so eh.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I'd agree with Sydian, though it's not the only move they've butchered with animation, however it does tend to be cut styled moves that are messed up later xD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Gen V had the best move animations, IMO, even though some of them were slightly changed from Gen IV. I still like the Gen III animations, though.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
How is it that no one's said Pokemon Stadium (2) yet? If it were those animations done with the technology of today's systems... oh so yes.

Of course, I haven't seen Battle Rev, but I remember Colosseum's being lackluster.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
BW2, in my opinion. A lot of the strongest moves received amazing animations that make them look very powerful.

If you haven't seen them, watch them here.

Idk, I just think they make all previous games animations look boring.

Back