• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2023
Ok i'm trying to edit the Gengar and Nidorino in the Fire Red opening, but when I change the sprites that are a tilemap, the tilemap goes all over the place and I have no clue how to fix it

I'd post an image of what I'm talking about but I can't post links yet :/

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Honestly, no idea. I looked at the code for Ruby's Pokédex and it made me cry. It's THAT bad.

At a guess, I'd say it works like you'd expect, with one set of data being for regional and another being for national. One thing I do know is that you can't have any duplicate entries. That can cause crashes or simply cause the dex not to work properly.

Oooohh... It's that bad. If that made you cry, it really IS bad.

Ok i'm trying to edit the Gengar and Nidorino in the Fire Red opening, but when I change the sprites that are a tilemap, the tilemap goes all over the place and I have no clue how to fix it

I'd post an image of what I'm talking about but I can't post links yet :/

Actually, I haven't seen anyone hack that animation yet except the Logo where it says "GAMEFREAK". That's why you haven't seen any tut around here did you? The only thing we can do about that right now is skip it.

Oh and try using Darth TME for creating your tilemap. Maybe that can help.

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Honestly, no idea. I looked at the code for Ruby's Pokédex and it made me cry. It's THAT bad.

At a guess, I'd say it works like you'd expect, with one set of data being for regional and another being for national. One thing I do know is that you can't have any duplicate entries. That can cause crashes or simply cause the dex not to work properly.

But..I tried to set Bulbasaur to 1 in the regional as well as the national in Ruby. It didn't work. When you say duplicate..what exactly do you mean?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
But..I tried to set Bulbasaur to 1 in the regional as well as the national in Ruby. It didn't work. When you say duplicate..what exactly do you mean?

He said something like what I said in one of my posts.

Actually, even I don't really know how it works but, I think it works in the opposite way like setting for example, you want Bulbasaur to be #1 in regional dex, try setting him to #1 on the national dex. That's how I think it works. Oh, if that doesn't work. Try it again in the usual way you should do it, not the one I stated above and make sure, if you made Bulbasaur #1 in regional dex, swap his place with Treecko, the original #1 in the regional dex.

You know like for example:
#1 Treecko => #203 Bulbasaur (Not sure) will be
#1 Bulbasaur => #203 Treecko.

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2023
Actually, I haven't seen anyone hack that animation yet except the Logo where it says "GAMEFREAK". That's why you haven't seen any tut around here did you? The only thing we can do about that right now is skip it.

Oh and try using Darth TME for creating your tilemap. Maybe that can help.

ah that should help a bit hopefully, though it does seem that the Japanese Hacking community knows how to hack it as I've seen a few Japanese hacks (mainly Moemon and Touhou puppet Play) with a modified intro, so there is something we've missed if they can do it.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
ah that should help a bit hopefully, though it does seem that the Japanese Hacking community knows how to hack it as I've seen a few Japanese hacks (mainly Moemon and Touhou puppet Play) with a modified intro, so there is something we've missed if they can do it.

Then I definitely think it's a problem with your tile map. Are you using the original tile map found in the game using unlz? if you are making a custom one, that's definitely the problem.

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
He said something like what I said in one of my posts.

Swapping the numbers? I tried that too, to no avail..I know I'm doing something wrong or missing a step, I just can't point out what..because I actually pulled this off once..

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Swapping the numbers? I tried that too, to no avail..I know I'm doing something wrong or missing a step, I just can't point out what..because I actually pulled this off once..

Then, do this:

Backup your ROM.
Open your ROM in PGE.
Open Pokedex Order Editor.
Try everything you can and mess up with it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2023
Then I definitely think it's a problem with your tile map. Are you using the original tile map found in the game using unlz? if you are making a custom one, that's definitely the problem.

yeah I'm using a custom one, but it's from one of those Japanese hacks with the modified intro and I'm ripping them directly from the Japanese hack so I don't know whats goin on

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
@giradialkia
Just follow my tut on music hacking to get your own instruments.

@Emppuliini
In advance map go to the tile and in var type in 4051

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
yeah I'm using a custom one, but it's from one of those Japanese hacks with the modified intro and I'm ripping them directly from the Japanese hack so I don't know whats goin on

Nonononononoooo! Use the one from the game and edit from there on. :/

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I just tried using everything except the kitchen sink. =(

Then try using the kitchen sink. Maybe that can be the answer. Even small things that look like very worthless can be useful when used right.

And as I said try messing with it like randomly setting this to that, that to this.

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Then try using the kitchen sink. Maybe that can be the answer. Even small things that look like very worthless can be useful when used right.

And as I said try messing with it like randomly setting this to that, that to this.

My friend, thank you for your time, unfortunately, it does not look like this will work

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2021
Hello everyone.I downloaded Advance Map,but i can't export pictures.

It says:

ERROR: (EFCreateError)Unable to create file"C:\Users\?????\Desktop\Tileset.dib"

Years
@giradialkia
Just follow my tut on music hacking to get your own instruments.

Yeah, tried that. I'm generally unlucky with tutorials- this is one of those cases, it just hasn't worked for me and doesn't look like it's going to. I have a method to change the instruments (within the song, not the ROM) that works absolutely fine, I just want to know exactly what instruments can be worked with in Ruby so I know how to compose around that; it's an odd way to go about it, but it works for me (so long as I know, again, what instruments I'm working with).

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
When I set XSE as the script editor in Advance Map and proceed to open up a script, it opens for less than a second and then closes out. This happens no matter what script I try and open.

edit: This actually happens when I open up XSE in its respective file location as well. I have tried downloading from a different source with no luck.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
When I set XSE as the script editor in Advance Map and proceed to open up a script, it opens for less than a second and then closes out. This happens no matter what script I try and open.

edit: This actually happens when I open up XSE in its respective file location as well. I have tried downloading from a different source with no luck.
Uhm as far as I know it has somehting todo with the Setting.ini in you XSE folder.
I've forgot which value had to be set to 0 so I'm inculding my Settings.ini in that spoiler.
Just copy paste that over your Settings.ini after opening it in notepad.

Hope this helps

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back