• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen "Super-Training" Vs Regular Ev Training

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Which One does everyone prefer? After Doing the super training. I think its just faster to do the Regular ev training. The process to this super training just seems soo long to do its not worth that time to do it in.

Cacttus

Sigh
Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2016
I think it's a good idea to have it open when training since you can keep track of the training. You can also use it if you need maybe just a couple of Evs here and there.

I prefer regular EV training though since with Hordes it's become a lot faster and takes about 5-10 minutes for each EV.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
dont really matter now when you can Reset your Stats with punching bag

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Since I've been mainly training in Atk, Sp.Atk, and Speed, it varies. For Atk, hordes of Trevenant give you 10EVs (2 a piece I believe), which, if you are training multiple Pokemon, or just one, is very useful. Sp.Atk and Speed on the other hand are a bit difficult. Zubat appear less than 50% of the time when I try to horde EVs, so if it's one Pokemon, I'll usually try to Super Train.

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
Super training is slow at first but when you can bust 12 of an EV under 30 secs it can finish the job off. It is also less tedious and harder to screw up. Another thing is certain stays arw harder to achieve than others so that's another deciding factor.

Brolijah

Secretly (Not) Active
Years
Super Training is definitely more efficient, especially once you're cranking out 12 EVs in just under a minute. Also the occasional Double-Up bag helps get 24 in under that minute... The large bags take like 30 seconds each. So, in the end I think you're shaving off 20 minutes, give or take a few, to fully train a Pokemon. I'm not sure how PokeRus affects Super Training, but if it does nothing, then perhaps standard EV training may be quicker...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I really enjoyed doing Super Training. Not only is it a quick and efficient way to get EVs, it's also fun! But it also requires focus. When I catch a new Pokemon I want to use, I make it go through Super Training so that I don't worry about it gaining unwanted EVs during the story.

Years
Super Training is nice for getting EVs as soon as you start the game but I will more than likely stick with the traditional method for EV training after I finish the game.

With Hordes battles and a Pokemon using Sweet Scent to summon them, the ability to get 50-60 EVs in a single battle is awesome. A newly bred Pokemon doesn't have to fight either. Just have Exp. Share turned on and a Pokemon that can target everything in the horde.

The only bad thing is you need Pokerus to get those 50-60 EVs. That can be fixed by finding someone online that can give away an infected Pokemon.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
Years
Super training offers a lot more control, without having to run. Also, there are reset bags in case you mess up, though getting those is rare it's still there, just collect them. I like both being in effect though, makes it a challenge as well, since you have to watch those new pokemon to make sure you don't screw up their EVs while leveling them up.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
The old-fashioned EV trainer requires a lot of time and motivation, which I, unfortunately, simply don't have. :( If you have a lot of knowledge on EV training, then you may find it to be easier to raise your effort values this way, but as for me, I'm not very knowledgeable on it. Personally, I really like the newer method—super training. Super training is much more convenient, since all of you have to do in it is play mini-games. The games take only two - three minutes to play (some take even less), and once you're done, your effort values would be raised in an instant. If they had introduced us to this feature sooner (perhaps in gen. five, or maybe even four), then it would've been a lot better. xD

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
Years
Personally, I prefer Super Training over Hordes. For one, I'd rather spend my BP on battle items instead of getting a bunch of each power item for the Hordes. Also, Super Training always prevents your Pokemon from getting more than 252 EVs at one stat, meaning that not a single EV goes to waste.
But for me personally, Super Training is all about inversion. As its stats grow, your Pokemon moves faster or takes less damage from the footballs. The Haxorus baloon that was so hard to beat at first becomes a total joke by the time your attack EVs get maxed out, so it feels like you've actually accomplished something. With Hordes, on the other hand, you just sweet scent, surf, repeat and it's not that entertaining. I guess, Hordes are still there if you really don't have time for any other method.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Years
Super Training is by far the quickest way to do so. For example let's say we're Ev Training a Azumarill in HP and Attack. First give it 10 Hp Up and 10 Protien this will make your Pokemon better in the mini game as it as 200 EVs off the bat.

Play the Level 1 games that give +4 that takes around 10 seconds if that to complete and 90% of the time also gain a Large Training Bag. That's 16 EVs from one mini game that takes 10 seconds to play.

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2022
I think it's a good idea to have it open when training since you can keep track of the training. You can also use it if you need maybe just a couple of Evs here and there.

I prefer regular EV training though since with Hordes it's become a lot faster and takes about 5-10 minutes for each EV.

hmm hadn't considered using the hordes...was trying to think of what to put in the last slot for my pickup team anyway; guess i'll use combee ^.^

Years
Just bred a Perfect IV Poliwag took me 3 hours....and im stoked to ev train in the Super Training.

But i prefer the regular EV training i just dont know where to train what.

I have a perfect 5 IV stat Poliwag for trade also, let me know in a message

Last edited:

Lethality

Teh Trueblade
Years
I'd much rather do it the regular way using the horde battles but since I don't have pokerus or all of the power items yet, I'm stuck with super training for the time being.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
Years
I'm rather new to EV training by myself so...Training a pokemon in Super Training is what I did, but would the EVs change at all if I make it fight something different ?

Say I'm working on Sp.ATK and Speed, if I fight a pokemon that gives +2 ATK EVs, would that be counted ?
Or if I use a pokemon that I do not intend to EV train, the said pokemon will be the one taking the EV, and not the other (that I Super trained) ?

Last edited:

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
i agree with the OP... i think super training is good and all for beginners to EV training but seems tedious for veterans of EV training. Normal EV train for me :)

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
I'm rather new to EV training by myself so...Training a pokemon in Super Training is what I did, but would the EVs change at all if I make it fight something different ?

Say I'm working on Sp.ATK and Speed, if I fight a pokemon that gives +2 ATK EVs, would that be counted ?
Or if I use a pokemon that I do not intend to EV train, the said pokemon will be the one taking the EV, and not the other (that I Super trained) ?

If the stats are maxed then he'll be fine, just don't forget the 4 EVs in a third stat though. Keep in mind that EXP Share will pass along EVs.

Reactions: Sun
Years
If it wasn't for Horde Battles, then I'd use Super Training. I still haven't trained my team yet since I'm breeding for a shiny Froakie, but horde training seems to take a lot less time than super training.

Back