• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Crimson Red [Beta 1]

marcc5m

what
Years
Why are there no prefixes
Pokemon Crimson Red

Introduction
It's a harder FireRed.

Story
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Pokemon+FireRed

Features
See above.

Okay, enough joking around
'K so basically I'm making a FireRed hard mode as a side project. However it will have one major twist...there will be Fakemon.Yes, I will be replacing almost every Pokemon in the Kanto dex to Samson's public Fakemon. I'll also be changing some palettes. So yeah credit to Samson for sprites, Quilava's Master, Tropical Sunlight and Elite Charizard for references for movesets, Wichu for de-capitalisation, Diegoisawesome for font patch, harder FireRed, ugly looking thread and all that jazz. I have the feeling this thread is too short, but there isn't really anything else to say tbh. Maybe I could add some filler stuff here but I don't want to give Gira/Colcol more to read. They might not mind it, but you never know. So, to be on the safe side, I will stop at the very end of this sentence that I am currently typing right now.

Screenshots
SamsonSprites_02.png
SamsonSprites_03.png
SamsonSprites_04.png
SamsonSprites_01.png
SamsonSprites_05.png

I have more but I feel like being a jerk. 'Night.

Last edited by a moderator:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
This hack's story is amazing

This looks like an interesting game, man. I don't think I've ever seen a game where somebody incorporated all of Samson's public fakemon.

I think that the colours making up the large trees need to be changed and the red being used in the flowers would look better if it weren't as muted in my opinion :<

marcc5m

what
Years
Sort of update. I have now finished up to Pewter City, including insertion of all Fakemon to that point (minus their icons and cries, though I doubt I'll have cries since I'm not a musical kinda person). I have now begun testing up until Pewter and so far it is reeaaaally hard. Already got nearly knocked out in the first route. I'll probably upload a video of mew battling Brock later today.

marcc5m

what
Years
Please lock, all my Pokemon stuff is gone.

EDIT: Nvm locking, I'm restarting.

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
Years
Lol triple post. Anyway just posting to say that I'm not dead, I'm still working on this. I'm currently finished up to Mt. Moon, and when Mt. Moon is done I'll probably be posting a beta, although I might wait until Cerulean instead. Also I'm drinking Coke.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Lol Coke.
And It would be best to do it up to Cerulean City, gives the player a bit more to do. ;)

marcc5m

what
Years
Beta 1. Goes up to just outside Cerulean. Next beta will be up to Celadon Gym. Please report any bugs you find.

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
Years
I apologise for not posting something more contributing, but I need to ask... I just read the rules of this forum (as it kinda just sounds like what Scrapbox was), and they say:

Any quest involving regular Pokémon gyms will be deleted. Anything involving regular gym quests are more fitting for the Progressing Hacks and Hacks Showcase sections.

... doesn't this involve regular Gyms? I'm not knocking or anything btw, I'm just wondering why that rule is there considering most of the threads in this forum involve regular gym quests. xD I think it looks quite good and I like the Fakemon, personally.

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
Years
Well. It's clear nobody cares about this hack, and I'm far too busy to work on it.
So this hack is gong on a hiatus until I have more time.

Please lock, Gira :)

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
If you want to know, I do care. Fire red with fakemon sounds great.. So if you see this, please go on :)

digimonqueen

Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend
Years
I care too! I'm currently training to beat the heck out of Brock, and it's going REALLY slowly, but I am determined to defeat him. Your hack is AMAZING. Keep it up and don't quit! I've NEVER seen a hack this unique, and it really stands out! I will keep on playing it until the end of the Beta.

Back