• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who do you like more? Cilan or Brock

Who do you like more, Cilan or Brock

• Brock

Votes: 66 75.9%
  • Cilan

Votes: 21 24.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Cilan. If brock was in one or two seasons I would probably say Brock. Brock just got too annoying. I was hopeing he wouldn't return in Hoenn,but he did. Cilan is a little annoying with all his words,but Brock just got old.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I don't like one or the other more over each other, so I will take a middle ground standpoint.

For Brock he has been there since the beginning barring Orange Islands. Cilan is new and brings something fresh. Brock antics womanizing antics I find amusing, which apparently seems like they want to retain through Alder. Whereas Cilans antics are annoying imo as I found it over exuberance to be a turn off for me as its just not what I like in characters.
Now for the characters themselves I find Cilan more interesting as he brings the dynamic of different traits such as a Detective, Fishermen, Stamp Collector, cooking fanatic. For me Brock didn't have that, but I did have admiration for his care giving big brother trait for not only his companions but pokemon they had and or encountered.

Which then goes to their characters Brock is out to be a Breeder and then a Pokemon Doctor which has been expressed several times throughout the show but I felt they could have did more with his Breeding and Doctoring which they kind of got into in Kanto. They could have had Breeding competitions or something too give more to Brock Character. Cilan is a Connoisseur, which they express through his and Burgundy sayings like Tasting time, I don't get it myself but at least he is portrayed as a Connoisseur throughout Best Wishes.

Lastly too the point of "Well Brock just got stale and was the same". Well yeah he has been around since the beginning of course his character will get old after awhile. Does anyone honestly think if Cilan had the staying power Brock does that people wouldn't be annoying with his Tasting Time stuff after four generations?

Years
Thing is, Cilan is less annoying to some because he's still fresh. IMO, if both of them had spent an equal amount of time on the show, Cilan's metaphors/food comments/obsessive knowledge of everything would be eons older than Brock and women.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I prefer Brock much more than Cilan. Although I quite like Cilan, sometimes I find hiss crazy personality a bit too ofter-the-top, dramatic and I found Brock's attitude to be quite subtle for most of the time. (Although, I did find Brock's obsession with Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny extremely irritating.)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
I haven't seen much of Black and White, but I've watched enough to know that I like Cilan and don't see him as a weak imitation of Brock. They are similar, but they have more than enough differences to stand out as their own separate characters. It's the same thing with Dawn/May and Iris/Misty. So, I didn't vote because I like them both equally.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Uhm, for me it's Brock. I really like Cilan, but I can't stand Brock not being in the anime. People who are really into Pokemon will understand what I mean. Change is good, but Brock was as much a main protagonist as Ash was, and losing him changed the show for the worse. :(

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Brock, defs. I've loved Brock for as long as I can remember. I didn't really like Black and White until Homika/Roxie came out, and I think of Brock as an imaginary-older-brother-kind-of-guy. I also love the fact that he's obsessed with all the pretty girls they meet.

Jalsy

RESET
Years
Brock. I grew up watching and like the original trio.. and he's been that long with Ash.
Though I find Cilan quite interesting too. I guess he isn't that bad.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
I hate Cilan. He is really annoying, and since hes there, we have to see his retarded "rival". Even the word conesseuss or whatever makes me want to go break something. I agree I didnt like where brock was going but Cilan is much worse. He's kinda corny and whenever he starts "evaluating" a pokemon I want to punch the tv or computer.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Brock. Cilan is just really, really annoying. =/
This.

Brock has always been one of my favorite characters, so seeing him leave was a huge disappointment for me. His constant obsession over girls never got old to me, and they always had some sort of way to pull him away from the ladies, be it Misty or Max pulling him away by the ear or Croagunk using Poison Jab. He's also just always kind of been the one to watch over the group and act as a sort of older brother to them, seeing as he has experience with this having to take care of all of his younger brothers and sisters.

Cilan is all right at times, and there are moments where he makes me laugh, but most of the time he's just very annoying. I personally don't care for his "evaluation time" thing.

Years
Brock by far! For me he had a bigger part in the "gang" then Ash himself. He was neutral, didn't go after gyms nor contests, and he was way funnier then every character put together.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
This.

Brock has always been one of my favorite characters, so seeing him leave was a huge disappointment for me. His constant obsession over girls never got old to me, and they always had some sort of way to pull him away from the ladies, be it Misty or Max pulling him away by the ear or Croagunk using Poison Jab. He's also just always kind of been the one to watch over the group and act as a sort of older brother to them, seeing as he has experience with this having to take care of all of his younger brothers and sisters.

Cilan is all right at times, and there are moments where he makes me laugh, but most of the time he's just very annoying. I personally don't care for his "evaluation time" thing.

Took the words right out of my mouth, head, keyboard?
Cilan is freaking AAH! with his Evaluation Time, it's so annoying, I like Brock chasing girls and failing better, it's less cheesy and less glitterhappyfuntimemakesyouwanttojumpoffacliff-y annoying.

Years
I like Brock much more than Cilan. Cilan is kinda annoying. I feel like they are overdoing his personality in the series. Brock did have his hunting after girls but it wasn't as overdone. He had more layers to his personality.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
I like both. Sure Brock could get annoying when he chased after woman at bad times (like when Officer Jenny was doing her job) but thats just part of who he was.

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I like Brock a lot more. He had a fantastic personality, and his role in the anime fit him perfectly. He did some pretty funny things. (Drying pan, anyone?)

Cilan is annoying, but I don't think we've given him enough time yet. Maybe later in the anime, he'll become more likeable.

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
cilan has the same function as brock in the series, and the original does it better. Love the paradise song and brock's obsession with girls. haha

Toutebelle

Banned
Years
I'd pick Brock, definitely. I think the anime is making Cilan a little pretentious with his connossieur attitude and his flamboyant behavior. I still like the game Cilan, since he is quite different.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I like Brock better. Cilan's really getting kind of tiresome with his repeated gags and immense knowledge and passion for certain things.

Whoops wait what?

I do love them both. I grew up with having Brock around and he was a good character. He was funny and knowledgeable and was the "mentor" of the team. He was amusingly into the ladies and very good in his chosen field. Brock wasn't too boring and wasn't in the background too much, but he was also not involved with events as much as he could have been. And his shenanigans became wayyyy over-the-top in DP and weren't balanced enough with the serious mentor personality.

Cilan, though! Cilan is flamboyant and always over-the-top and passionate and enthusiastic and involved. His tasting time wears a bit sometimes- but, being a Connoisseur, that does happen to be his job. And it's not like he just does one thing all the time- each tasting is different and there are many different times which have nothing to do with his job and all to do with his hobbies. He's so very enthusiastic about all kinds of things and has a wide range of knowledge, though he's actually still learning along the journey. And he's a skilled trainer as well, but still struggles and loses enough for it not to be a rarity. Cilan's actually a well-rounded and well-used character. I'd personally just like some backstory and explicit development for him.

hi I've got the #1 fan emblem because of Cilan and I could go on and on and on but I shall spare you

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Cilan will always be my favorite. Really love the food puns, and he has one of my top 25 favorite Pokemon - Pansage!

I got really annoyed then bored with the gag of Brock falling in love with every cute girl he saw. Liked Brock in the first season, rest of the seasons he was in, he got boring along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back