• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
It was a case of 6 booster boxes at that price not just for one. Also it's the Unlimited English versions thank you.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 9, 2017
Hey, I found this rather unusual Alakazam EX..
Wasn't able to find any such card online. It's from the steam siege set. Can you guys tell me if it's a fake or not. And what is it worth?

Attachments

• IMG_20170709_174608.jpg
    IMG_20170709_174608.jpg
    687.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2017
Hello guys, I need your help. I just found it in my school book. I just wanna know is any collector would be interested in it. I can make any video or photos to prove that it isnt actually a photoshop or fake.
Spoiler:

Years
Hello guys, I need your help. I just found it in my school book. I just wanna know is any collector would be interested in it. I can make any video or photos to prove that it isnt actually a photoshop or fake.
Spoiler:

No amount of videos or photos will EVER make that card not a fake. Literally everything about that card screams that it's a fake/counterfeit.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jul 12, 2017
Can anyone help me on what these cards are. I cant find any info on them online. Wonder If they are valuable

Attachments

• IMG_2879.jpg
    IMG_2879.jpg
    900.6 KB · Views: 16

icycatelf

Alex
Years
As best as I can tell the Energy symbols used look like the energy symbols used on counterfeits.
Classic Japanese jumbos all used these "bloated" Energy symbols (seen on Energy Cards), including the Asian-English Charizard jumbo (which, rather annoyingly, also screams counterfeit due to having the foil pattern in the background without actually being holo). They didn't start using the standard symbols on Japanese jumbos until the Neo-series. You won't find any images without them.

Last edited:
Years
Classic Japanese jumbos all used these "bloated" Energy symbols (seen on Energy Cards), including the Asian-English Charizard jumbo (which, rather annoyingly, also screams counterfeit due to having the foil pattern in the background without actually being holo). They didn't start using the standard symbols on Japanese jumbos until the Neo-series. You won't find any images without them.

Huh. TIL.

So i have some cards and just wondering if they are worth anything. Just showing rares and odd cards, i also have some really large cards.

Appears I'm wrong about the Jumbos, sorry!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 14, 2017
I have a meowth that I believe is from a fruit roll up promo in the 90's The illustrator is Arita and the card is trimmed in shiny gold. I have seen this before but my particular card has an error with a little bit of the shiny gold material in the middle of the card above "pay day"

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 16, 2017
Hello, i was checking my cards (all from Call of Heroes) and i found 2 interesting things:

-I found a Shiny Rayquaza, no foil no holo, just the shiny rayquaza in the yellow border. Does that mean that its fake? because i cant find one like it anywhere. How much is it worth if its real?

-A fail of printing Ursaring, instead of Ursaring it says Uursaring. Does that means its fake? How much is it worth if not?

Thank you for the answers, if need a pic just tell me.

Years
I have a meowth that I believe is from a fruit roll up promo in the 90's The illustrator is Arita and the card is trimmed in shiny gold. I have seen this before but my particular card has an error with a little bit of the shiny gold material in the middle of the card above "pay day"

Chances are it's not an error, but rather damage from a nick the card received. Probably worth slightly less than the others at something like $1 to $2.

Hello, i was checking my cards (all from Call of Heroes) and i found 2 interesting things:

-I found a Shiny Rayquaza, no foil no holo, just the shiny rayquaza in the yellow border. Does that mean that its fake? because i cant find one like it anywhere. How much is it worth if its real?

-A fail of printing Ursaring, instead of Ursaring it says Uursaring. Does that means its fake? How much is it worth if not?

Thank you for the answers, if need a pic just tell me.

Based on your descriptions, both are counterfeits, assuming you mean Call of Legends.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 18, 2017
Today I was looking through my old Pokémon collection and found a card that looks just like Charizard from the base set, but it's reverse Holo (it reflects in the shape of fireworks) and next to the length and weight of the Pokémon there is a symbol (I couldn't find anywhere what it means) that looks like a medallion. At the bottom of the card it reads 2002 Pokémon/Nintendo 3/110 *
Everything else is exactly like the Charizard from the base set. What card is this? How much is it worth.. or is it fake?

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Today I was looking through my old Pokémon collection and found a card that looks just like Charizard from the base set, but it's reverse Holo (it reflects in the shape of fireworks) and next to the length and weight of the Pokémon there is a symbol (I couldn't find anywhere what it means) that looks like a medallion. At the bottom of the card it reads 2002 Pokémon/Nintendo 3/110 *
Everything else is exactly like the Charizard from the base set. What card is this? How much is it worth.. or is it fake?

This is a real Charizard card from the Legendary Collection. If it's in really good condition (near-mint), it seems to be going for about $80. More if it's mint, less if it has noticeable wear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back