• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Re-Hide Spoiler Content?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I saw this on another forum and the fact that it hasn't been implemented on this forum has been bugging me for pretty much my entire time here.
Basically, the current spoiler system only contains the option of showing the hidden content by clicking on the "Click here to view" text. My suggestion is that there should be some way to "re-hide" the spoiler's content, if you will. It doesn't have to be anything fancy; one of those buttons or something simple will do.

I took the liberty of taking some screenshots of it working in action on another forum:
Spoiler:

If you choose to view a spoiler's content, I believe you should be able to hide its content after viewing it. This would be helpful if the spoiler is being used to conceal a page-breaking image (something I come across a lot in the Map Rating Thread in the Emulation section). In general, it's just a nice option to have, although if it's more trouble than it's worth to implement, I understand.

Yours truly,
Colcolstyles

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
But, but... If you've already opened it, whatever is inside will already be spoiled! *cough*

Mm... How about if we also get spoiler tags which are already open, but you have the option of collapsing the boxes to hide them?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
But, but... If you've already opened it, whatever is inside will already be spoiled! *cough*
True, although for my purposes (as I stated above), I mainly wanted it so that I could hide images as I do a lot of work in the Map Rating Thread and I always love large maps :)

Mm... How about if we also get spoiler tags which are already open, but you have the option of collapsing the boxes to hide them?
Wait, you mean that by default, the content is shown but there would be a button to hide the text/images? What purpose would that serve?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I think this is a wonderful idea. A while ago, when I was new to vBulletin, I would unhide a spoiler and freak out of me believing that I broke the page due to not being able to hide it for whatever the purpose was.

Sometimes spoilers just take up too much space in something, thus needs to be wrapped in the tag. Such as large images and pictures that people don't want others to see unless they're willing to look at it.

Opened spoilers by default? Kind of a purpose defeater.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
I also would love to see this implemented. :D I've always wanted to close some rather annoying spoilers that I now regret opening. >_>

Years
For the record, I've seen this done on various vBulletin forums, so there must be a way of getting out hands on the code.
I found a fix to it but I'm obviously not allowed to post links to forums.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
It's a very simple custom BBCode to get that spoiler tag in that screenshot. I've used it on all my forums that I've ever run. I don't know why we're using an uncloseable one in the first place. @_@

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
I would also love to have this feature, especially if said image is unappealing and I wish to hide it once more. XD Although I never even thought of suggesting it; it's really not what comes to mind when I want something. . >.>"

All-in-all, I think it would be a wonderful idea.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
This would be great!
I can't tell you how many times I've opened a spoiler and then wanted to close it, which I'm use to becuase of other forums.
So, yes, this would be a great feature to have and would probably put a lot of smiles on peoples faces.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2009
That's a really good idea. Because, sometimes, the images or text or something in the spoilers are too big so that would be really useful. ;>

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
I've always wanted something like this. I have been fooled by times where a spoiler is of something and it ends up being about another thing. I also hate those gargantuan images. @_@

Why wasnt this done like a million years ago anyways?

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
Yeah, i've noticed this and it would be good to be able to close the spoilers.

Wait... You're an admin, why haven't you ever gotten it implemented?

I agree with this, you are an admin so why don't you do it? Too lazy to do it. Or when you come back to this topic you'll be like "oh yeah I forgot about that, I can do it." lol

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
It would be very handy, I certainly make a lot of use of it.

I also remember waaaay back that were able to have custom text instead of the word "spoiler".

It was just like the

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
Curiosity really kills the cat. Well, in this case, expanding the page into an unnecessary size.

I would love to see this implemented. It would serve PC well if it does.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 24, 2011
Agreed, this would be a nice upgrade to the spoiler option.
I've seen most people use it correctly (two or three large userbars) and others use it without thinking of what it will look like afterwords (three trainer cards, those annoying Pokemon personalty test results etc).
So, I think this should be added ^^

Back