• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New version exclusive areas

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
The water/magma caves are definitely interesting. It seems odd to have a water cave for Black 2 when the mascot is based on electricity so I would have thought one would be Magma, and the other would have electricity. Definitely seems like caves to catch Kyogre or Groudon so I wouldn't be surprised if they were in the game.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I think there's going to be massive cave differences if it's going to be an actual cave you have to go through (not just one you can optionally explore). Because in a water cave they can use Surf/Waterfall/Dive, while you can't do that on a Magma cave, so I think that it will be more land based with Strength/Rock Smash featured more in the cave, like the cave team Magma was in before in RSE.

SouKoLian9102

That 1 Kid Who Plays Pokemon
Years
Idea of Kyogre and Groudon is awesome. I love Gen 3 so hopefully those 2 and Rayquaza can be caught in-game. The White Forest/Black City renovations are looking great too. I can't wait 'till the game comes out in Australia.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
WAITAMINUTE. What if the sci-fi looking Opelucid is in White2 now?! OH NOOOO they better not do that. I'd get so mad.

lol that would be kinda awesome. But dunno why, since they couldn't really be "inspired" by somewhere else and I don't think they could make that much of a dramatic change in two years.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Well Cat Dog, they reason Black City and White Forest are being retained is to ensure compatibility with the original Black and White.

I loved Black City's design so I'm glad they're back.
Given that multiple cities have changed, and parts of the country have been frozen over, I guess I thought that the poor old Black City/White Forest may have used this opportunity to 'disappear' as well. But, apparently not... sigh.

Aamelo

Reality Bender.
Years
Well. Theorachly the area where the Black Forest and Black City were are covered in Ice in the new map. Witch is a bit weird, actually.

And I just Love the Concept of the Fire-Water Caves. Reminds me of Hailfire Peaks for some reason xD

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Ruby Cave and Sapphire Cave? The caves points out to a near RS remake. They put signs of it everywhere in the past generations, and I think this caves (Serebii used water (aqua) and magma caves) points out to this. I hope Black gets the Magma cave. Awesome.

I am not a big fan of neither the city nor the forest, so I am pretty much, uhmm... Not excited for them. But I am curious as where they could be? their original location is ice-blocked.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Ruby Cave and Sapphire Cave? The caves points out to a near RS remake. They put signs of it everywhere in the past generations, and I think this caves (Serebii used water (aqua) and magma caves) points out to this. I hope Black gets the Magma cave. Awesome.

I am not a big fan of neither the city nor the forest, so I am pretty much, uhmm... Not excited for them. But I am curious as where they could be? their original location is ice-blocked.

All of the old Remake hints were people though XD

Bill was referenced a few times in R/S/E and Jasmine was in D/P/Pt.

And no the Magma Cave is in White. The Water Cave is in Black.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Your right Xander but I have a feeling Steven is the hint person since he is so far the only hoenn person in the WT. But it's possible that they are keeping others a secret.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Your right Xander but I have a feeling Steven is the hint person since he is so far the only hoenn person in the WT. But it's possible that they are keeping others a secret.

Ya, but he also made a Cameo in HG/SS. Not to mention they have Lance who represents Johto as a Champion and Cynthia who is Champion of Sinnoh. Since all four previous champions are in this its hard to take Steven's presence there when three others are also shown without the rest of their Gym Leaders as meritable proof.

Only SOLID thing we do have are the caves, which even I won't try to refute. Though it still isn't really enough as a whole. Cause as I joked earlier, they could simply throw Groudon and Kyogre in to troll us.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Perhaps the caves have special stones (return of Ruby and Sapphire stones?) that Steven is after and after we get it he could give us a medal for completing the mission...
Oh perhaps they're just caves with powerful water and fire and/or ground types

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Perhaps the caves have special stones (return of Ruby and Sapphire stones?) that Steven is after and after we get it he could give us a medal for completing the mission...
Oh perhaps they're just caves with powerful water and fire and/or ground types

None of the World Tournament Characters play any part in the story. They are only there for the World Tournament.

Aamelo

Reality Bender.
Years
I Honestly just think they are normal caves, normal, with no especial event (?), and the only different between them is the water-lava. D:

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
^ lol so many people would be let down

I hope that the concept that black city and white forest had in B/W changes
You had to get there fast enough to keep some people in the town/city from leaving
Source

I get to those areas so late in the game that by the time im there, there is only three people left

Years
The speed thing for me makes little sense, why have people rush though the game?
Well we don't know if the World Tournament people won't have any events in game. It could be like in HgSs where Steven was there for starters, and Beldum but also played a role in the Lati@s event caused by a wi-fi event item.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah maybe it's only activated from the first time you visit either the forest or the city.

As for the magma/water area, I'd be pretty disappointed if there wasn't something special there, even a slight location for the story, maybe.

Years
Be awesome if Surf can be used on LAVA in this. Shame to only (?) do it in Ranger Guardian Signs (on Torkoal only).

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Yeah maybe it's only activated from the first time you visit either the forest or the city.

As for the magma/water area, I'd be pretty disappointed if there wasn't something special there, even a slight location for the story, maybe.

Being version exclusive, I doubt it will play a role in the story. Maybe something post-game with a reference to Team Aqua/Magma...?

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
I hated black city. I had expected it to be really epic, but when I got there there was NO ONE THERE>>>>>.> because I don't have any friends to wifi with. DERRP>..>

Years
Perhaps they share a similar role like how the mascots share a similar role and yet are version exclusives themselves...
I like the entrances to Black city and White Forest much better than the Imo boring entrance in BW.

Back