• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Movies: Buy or Download?

Buy or download?

• Buy

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Download

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Both

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
So with the internet's ultimate power, we are able to watch movies, without having to go out and buy it. But do you still buy movies or you just download them?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Download, 'cos I am a pirate and a cheapskate just like that. The only movies that I buy are the ones that are worth collecting or I really really really like that movie.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
I'll usually download, and if it's exceptionally good, I'll also buy it. Though most of the reason is because I don't actually have a DVD player or (a properly working) DVD drive.

Years
I can honestly say that in the past 10 years, I've owned maybe 5 movies on DVD at most. The past few years all I've done is download or stream movies if I've wanted to watch them, since it's just so convenient, and I tend to watch movies just once, anyway. Before that, I would just rent them from the video store up the street, which has since gone out of business (I do miss renting video games, though).

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I'll usually download, and if it's exceptionally good, I'll also buy it. Though most of the reason is because I don't actually have a DVD player or (a properly working) DVD drive.

Pretty much this: it's just like music and psp games with e. I download for my personal use, and then I buy the physical copy of the product if I like it enough and want to show some support. Sometimes I just want to be a fanboy and display the case of the movie/game/music on my shelf, as I continue to use the download copy.

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
If I really like the movie - I'll buy it, I hate watching episodes or Movies on the computer. It's so much better on TV.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I watch movies on TV when they go on my TV channels. I dont want to pirate movies so I buy them and will watch them on DVD, but usually, I just watch most movies on my TV, which the cable is paid for.

My Pico

Can I taste your whip cream?
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 13, 2012
Download yo because that's what we pirates arrrr~ yo!! No, really I'm paying my bill so there's no reason not to. In case if there's a movie that can't be found on the net I'll just buy it in the DVD shop yo.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
Depends, if I'm watching TV my cable subscription will pay for it. That is basically my primary method of on screen entertainment. RARELY I'd go see a movie in a theater, but I only do that maybe every 4 years at most (I'm picky on movies!). Wreck It Ralph was one of those movies..

I'd never buy nor download anything because I tend to never watch anything a second time. I like to use my limited time for new things instead of watching things that I've already seen. ^^;

Gerri Shin

  
Years
I tend to prefer to have physical copies of movies that I enjoy, so I buy them in Blu-ray when I can. If I'm not sure I'll like a film, I'll watch it via my brother's Netflix, but If I like it I'll usually buy it.
(besides I find ripping straight from the BD discs to have way better quality than anything downloaded.)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
25146872.jpg

If I can, I buy, but mostly I download because those movies cannot be bought.

Juicy

Bone to be wild!
Years
It sorta depends. If I'm at home at night and I feel like watching it, then I'll download it. If I'm at the shops and I've been wanting to buy it, I'll buy it. It all depends. For me, it's a matter of convenience.

Back