• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Multiple save files 2.2

Years
Hello !

I have an error when I try to save a new file:

---------------------------
Pokemon Plague
---------------------------
[Pok?mon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: NameError

Message: uninitialized constant PokemonPauseMenu::PokemonSave_Scene

PScreen_PauseMenu:232:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

PScreen_PauseMenu:142:in `loop'

PScreen_PauseMenu:271:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

Scene_Map:127:in `call_menu'

Scene_Map:213:in `update'

Scene_Map:234:in `main'

Scene_Map:231:in `loop'

Scene_Map:236:in `main'

Main:74:in `mainFunctionDebug'

Main:52:in `mainFunction'

I have no idea what I am supposed to do to fix the issue... Could I have some help please?
Thanks in advance!

Cardboard Slime

A Slime in a Box
Years
I got this error, mind if you can figure it out?
[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]
Exception: NoMethodError
Compiler:4328:in `pbImportNewMaps'
Compiler:4480

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 30, 2021
This error is occurring.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Apr 19, 2023
Hello,

I've been a fan of your scripts and I've been using them for quite some time. I tried this one today, followed every instruction carefully, and got this error:

NameError occurred while running script.

(eval):2undefined method 'pbStartLoadScreen' for class 'PokemonLoadScreen'

For reference, I have the two thumbnail pics in the Graphics/Pictures and I run the Elite Battle System

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 8, 2021
EDIT: I may have declared victory too early, it isn't saving quite everything.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
Years
I'm probably blind, but if there hasn't been a post updating this proper to v17 I Don't mind making one

hirokimura

Miltank's Fanboy Number One
Years
I'm probably blind, but if there hasn't been a post updating this proper to v17 I Don't mind making one

The spanish version works just fine. You just have to translate the strings and you're done. Plus, it saves in the game folder instead of saving in the windows save repertory.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Multiple Saves Script for V17

Hello Community,

I want to use the Multiple Saves Script from Mej71 in my Game -> https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=323750

Im using Essential V17 however, and cant bring the script to work (probably due to its age) there. I searched for help, but couldnt find any advise on how to update or fix the issues.

Is there a way to make this script work on V17?

I attached a screenshot of the error message I get, altough I dont know if this is the only error message that exists or just the first one.

Error.JPG

Diegou18

Forever Chandelure lover.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 16, 2021
There is a version made in the spanish community, by a member called jesswhishesdev, so credit him if you use it.
Script V 16: https://pastebin.com/raw/Ud6WckiG
Script v 17: https://pastebin.com/raw/JbzdPjtB

I'm pretty sure that strings are in Spanish, so you will have to translate those.

Hello Community,

I want to use the Multiple Saves Script from Mej71 in my Game -> https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=323750

Im using Essential V17 however, and cant bring the script to work (probably due to its age) there. I searched for help, but couldnt find any advise on how to update or fix the issues.

Is there a way to make this script work on V17?

I attached a screenshot of the error message I get, altough I dont know if this is the only error message that exists or just the first one.

View attachment 90460

There's a spanish version posted in this page that works perfectly. You only have to translate it if you need.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Thanks a lot for the relinking and the helpful tips everyone!

I created a simple english string translation and changed a few minor lines on the script to make it work out of the box. I left the rest of the code untouched however. All you need to do from here is to change the name in the "" in line 63 to the name of your own game. The game will then be saved into a "Saves" folder within the main directory of your game.exe. All credit goes to the original creators of course, I just translated the pieces.

Translated Strings https://pastebin.com/x4yM8wWy

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Jul 31, 2020
I know this im late to this thread but just wondering if this still works.
If so do i paste the entire paste bin into a new script(above main)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 13, 2021
The spanish version works just fine. You just have to translate the strings and you're done. Plus, it saves in the game folder instead of saving in the windows save repertory.

Do you know how I can make the spanish one, remember what save file I last played, to always put it as the first option?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 28, 2021
It is not working for me. I´m getting the screen resizer error. I now i´m not supposed to get it. Here´s what i did: Substitute the scripts in this thread and completely delete the previous ones. I copied the two thumbnails in the Pictures folder. Then i open my game and tada! Error in line 20 Sprite-resizer. Any help is welcome because i have no idea. Thanks!!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 29, 2022
I've tried mej71's script for V17.2 as is and it gives me this NameError message:

Spoiler:

And before you mention there's already an alternate one.. I already checked it out and tried it, but it's full of Syntax errors and after 2 hours of fixing the broken translation to be readable as a separate script.. It still broke the game. Mej71's script was the most stable but doesn't work for V17 or later.. The last version it worked for me was V16.2.

If anyone managed to adapt Mej71's script to V17 and later (And had it work without any errors) or the creator of that script is working on a V17 and later version, can anyone let me know?

P.S. Mej71, If you get a chance to see this: Your Multiple Save script was a life saver because every time I wanted to work on the female story of my game or do nuzlocke runs without having to delete my main file. I'll keep trying to get it to work on V17.2 but I'm not too good with Save/Load scripts..

Back