• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New Gyms? Gym Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Poison Resists Grass attacks and Grass Types are weak to Poison Attacks. It won't be purely neutral. If you evolve Tepig into Pignite, Poison then resists your Fighting attacks as well.

With Poison Gym having two possible Pokemon in it, its most likely the first or Second Gym.

Well considering the locations, and the fact that it's near a forest... I'd say yeah it's definitely around the start, but I'd rather it not be the first overall. :x I just want my neutrality! :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
They could go with dark, psychic (Tepig would most likely not be evolved by this point), ghost, if they want neutral.
What if...they do rock first...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ugh that'd be boring and such a throwback to past generations. From looking at the map, there's nothing really relevant to rocks at the start. Perhaps they could do a kinda relevant thing - like in Driftveil do rock, etc, and for Mistralton do something similar to flying (normal sadly), etc, since I thiiink it's all opposites.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
If they were doing Rock I would want them to put it right after the underwater tunnel lol, to keep up with their "making it less difficult" theme especially for Tepig starters.

Years
I can see Nimbasa being Psychic like now like most thought it was originally going to be with BW speculation. Lenora's gym could be rock but it's "frozen" so maybe not...

KingDrapion

dual-type Poison/Dark Pokémon.
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2014
Do you think that any of the old pokemon will be used in the gyms?

If so, then probably all the gyms will be brand-new.

Seeing as the Pokedex is extended, the Game freak will have more variety of pokemon to choose from for the gym leaders

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I can see Nimbasa being Psychic like now like most thought it was originally going to be with BW speculation. Lenora's gym could be rock but it's "frozen" so maybe not...

Well yeah, it kinda makes complete sense almost, thinking back to their generation one parallels - of Saffron, which I kinda see Nimbasa as for the attractions, rather than Castelia, idk why. But yeah from the design I'd love to see that as psychic :3

Years
I'm actually glad to know that the gym leaders this time around will have a varity to chose from...no more double emoga's...
I hope we have rematches...if not then...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I would like Elesa to be in the games in some capacity (even if not as a Gym leader anymore) since she was my favorite from B/W. I'd imagine that if a lot of these gyms are going to be changing specialties, a LOT of renovations would have to be done since many are themed to their respective types. I would like to hear the explanation if a bunch of Leaders were replaced... maybe whatever caused a good chunk of the region to freeze over caused many of them to pack up and leave?

TY

Well i like it if they did, but that would make Skyla gone, and thats one of the Gym Leaders i like (the only one of Unova though).

Maybe they can keep her?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Well i like it if they did, but that would make Skyla gone, and thats one of the Gym Leaders i like (the only one of Unova though).

Maybe they can keep her?
Haha yer forgettin' one of the best gym leaders Unova ever had, Clay! I loved the dialogue GameFreak gave him and I just need to see him again.

I'm all for new gyms/leaders, as long as we get to keep a few if not all of the ones previously.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
Is the elite four the same? This elite four didn't leave a good impression on me...i'm assuming if there are or maybe new gyms....maybe different elite four, at least a change up of pokemon maybe?

Years
Considering that we know there will be a Poison gym for the first time since Kanto, I'm seriously going to rage if there's STILL NO DARK-TYPE GYM.

blue

gucci
Years
That's true, I thought this would be a great opportunity to introduce a dark type gym, I wonder when that moment will come? But yeah I'm happy they've decided to use different types especially Poison, it gets boring when they use Ice/Rock types repetitively.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I for one also would like to see a Gym Leader who specializes in the Dark-type. I also think it would be interesting what said leader's personality is like. I hope he/she uses lots of dark humor... that would be awesome.

Years
Considering the Dark Elite four the gym leader will proably dress all dark, I imagine a lolita style girl, which makes me think of that girl in DPPt... maybe they make a dark version of Caitlin, maybe her twin sister...she could have an Umbreon ^_^.

blue

gucci
Years
Talking of appearances I can't see any correlation between music and poison but I guess there's something behind it, if anything I thought music would be more linked to Electric.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I dunno why they made Dark exclusive to E4. Guess they thought it was more prestigious.

Really want a Dark Gym...thought I feel that when we finally do get a Dark Gym it'll be a let down.

>=T Gamefreak better not mess this up!

Talking of appearances I can't see any correlation between music and poison but I guess there's something behind it, if anything I thought music would be more linked to Electric.
Isn't there a "poison" or "toxic" Metal sub genre? I know poison and acids are fairly common in song names or band names in metal bands.

Considering the Dark Elite four the gym leader will proably dress all dark, I imagine a lolita style girl, which makes me think of that girl in DPPt... maybe they make a dark version of Caitlin, maybe her twin sister...she could have an Umbreon ^_^.

Black_White_Shauntal.png
Says Hi~

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

I think people think too hard when they look for connections. Remember, Elesa was a model, that had nothing to do with her gym. It was just...cool. :P

Years
I dunno why they made Dark exclusive to E4. Guess they thought it was more prestigious.

Really want a Dark Gym...thought I feel that when we finally do get a Dark Gym it'll be a let down.

>=T Gamefreak better not mess this up!

Isn't there a "poison" or "toxic" Metal sub genre? I know poison and acids are fairly common in song names or band names in metal bands.

Black_White_Shauntal.png
Says Hi~
I know what you mean...they better not give him or her weak pokemon...they should give her or him a Hydreigon and a Tyranitar (imagine how epic that would be for a gym leader to have two pseudo's...)
Yeah, well she's not dark type and by lolita fashion I imagine more like Marley from Platinum.

Elesa's gym was weird for her...unless it's a metaphor for the life of a model being a rollercoaster...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back