• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon: Phoenix Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2016
or is it even possible to allocate EV growth on a default stat?
so that even you kill different pokemon. it wont mess with its EV

:D

Firestorm.

AND I THREW IT ON THE GROUND!!
Years
Pokémon: Phoenix Rising [This is NOT a hack]

[SIZE="a"]I have to compliment you on this masterpiece Abnegation, your mapping style looks so natural and free.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo came to you and asked if they could make this into and official DS game.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Wow this is EPIC! I can't possibly imagine the amount of work put into this game...
A really BIG congratulations for everyone involved in the project!
I will be waiting for it as long as it takes!
A question: Unlike hacks which are patched on ROMs and played at emulators, what will this need to be played? Will it need a certain programm to be played? Or the game can launch itself?

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2016
I see that there are pokemon which requires trading to evolve, how are you gooing to implement that?

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
I guess that it isn't. Though the only problem about having a limited Pokedex, as in a regional one, is that there's not many pokemon to battle in the meta-game with. While I do want to make the game a bit more geared for competitive battling, I'll need to solve a method as to how to do it. I am considering something like Shoddy where you go into a simulator in game, and you pick your Pokemon, their attacks, EV's and so on, from where you may battle online. But that feels a little too bland to me. If I can think of a way to make competitive battling more interesting in PR, I'll add EV status bars to the Summary Screen.

That seems pretty neat, including IVs on the stats screen and possibly facilitating the process to get good IV/EV Pokemon would probably help this cause also. Not many serious competitive battlers use the actual games to battle since you can battle/improve at a much higher pace with simulators, so making the process of obtaining pokemon suitable for a competitive environment easier would encourage the use of Phoenix Rising as a means for competitive battles.

EPICwinner77

Glitch Trainer
Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2012
I really can't wait for this. It seems like it will be very high quality...if not Nintendo quality.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
i was just wondering, how far have you gotten? i was just wondering 'cause this would be a game that i would play over and over, and when it comes out i will. oh, and if you need any fused and recolored pokemon, just email me and ill send the sprites i have done by then, and you can modify it. just wondering

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2013
I'm also very interested in this and I don't even play Pokemon anymore, it would be a reason for me to come back to the games. It seems like it will be very fun. I hope that the engine is coming along nicely, it would be a real bummer if it got too frustrating or something. I really hope this comes completely through, I know it's a lot of very hard work so I have a lot of respect for this project. Like everyone else says, the quality looks to be outstanding.

I'm hoping there's some sort of release or release date by Christmas or early next year. :)

Good luck to everyone on the team! A lot of fans are rooting for you! I think this will be a big success!

Years
I think this project's pretty cool. :) When is it coming out? I like the design better than Pokemon Generation V's. I think the characters in the game is pretty cool too.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2018
Wow, this is truly amazing, that new design is mindblowing!
Great work, I'll support this to my fullest.

I won't ask for progress ;p
No seriously, if this won't get you 25 awards... :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
When it's coming out "Poke PWN", we know.
There's no need to be asking about any release date.

There isn't one yet.
We all have to wait patiently...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
When it's coming out "Poke PWN", we know.
There's no need to be asking about any release date.

There isn't one yet.
We all have to wait patiently...
They say it's a virtue. What if we don't have it? :D

Cyclone

TheMrQuit

Egg: It's going to hatch soon!
Years
Keep it up!

It looks promising... It really looks like a Nintendo game! (Maybe even better)

Waiting for a beta! :cer_wink:

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2012
This hack-turned-game looks absolutely amazing. All of the thought and planning you've put into this definitely shows. I can't wait to give this a shot when it's ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back