• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post Notifications.

Emburn

<3
Years
So I didn't see anywhere where you can suggest things to help improve PC. So, I figured this could be sort of a feedback on the Forums. I think if someone 'Likes' one of your posts or post quotes you, you should receive a notification just like you would if you got private messages or friend requested. I think it'd make for more discussions on threads since people would know when they have been quoted. I personally find it easier, others find it as too much.

If you are using vBulletin (Don't think you are) I can try and find the plug-in for you when I finish my classes.

Years
I know for a fact it's been suggested sometime in the past for a notification system whenever one receives a notification for quotes.. but for post likes, you will receive notifications for those. :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
This whole section is for that, so you did come to the right place. Always search the forums (or at least visually scan the first page or two) before suggesting something new or reporting a new problem though, in case someone else already did it!

You should receive a notification when someone "likes" your post. You can view who has liked your posts in your user control panel, at the bottom. http://www.pokecommunity.com/usercp.php

I also believe a system for notifications when someone quotes your posts is in the workings. It sure would be a great addition, if there is a thread you might not want to subscribe to for whatever reasons, but still want to know if someone wants to reply to what you have said.

If you for some reason don't get notified now when someone likes a post you've made, you can go to your Options and turn the feature on.
"Like" Notification
Would you like to be notified when somebody likes a post you've made?
Yes No

Emburn

<3
Years
This whole section is for that, so you did come to the right place. Always search the forums (or at least visually scan the first page or two) before suggesting something new or reporting a new problem though, in case someone else already did it!

You should receive a notification when someone "likes" your post. You can view who has liked your posts in your user control panel, at the bottom. http://www.pokecommunity.com/usercp.php

I also believe a system for notifications when someone quotes your posts is in the workings. It sure would be a great addition, if there is a thread you might not want to subscribe to for whatever reasons, but still want to know if someone wants to reply to what you have said.

If you for some reason don't get notified now when someone likes a post you've made, you can go to your Options and turn the feature on.

I don't have that many posts, so I wasn't sure if maybe I have been. And, I believe a quote system should be easy to add, since it's just adding a good plug-in, but I guess this site could be going for a more original approach.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
A notification for quotes? Yessssss! I've seen this and it works quite well and is very useful. I hope to see something like this.

Years
I would like to see a notification for whenever you get quoted. It is possible with vBulletin, and this is vBulletin! It's helpful so you will know if someone has responded to your post. Sure, even when someone gives you a Like on your post, you get a notification!

Years
The only thing is that Ausaudriel is our code guy, (among many other things!) and I'm sure he has other commitments to get to first. But if you already have the plugin needed, I'm sure that would make things easier. Assuming we give it the ok, that is. Which I don't see why not, unless there's significant server strain or something of that nature.

droomph

weeb
Years
I'm pretty sure that it's a simple pre-coded option (if not, a well-known plugin) because another vB forum I know of has a post-quotes notification in the New Notifications menu (though sometimes it gets annoying and/or disappointing on a busy day :p)

Though I know not everyone would like that sort of notification every minute or two, so maybe a quick something of a "turn on or off" like he did with likes notifications should be implemented if that wasn't too hard to do.

Years
I know it's a default option in vB 4, but we don't have that nor will we ever be upgrading to it, from what I've seen admins state in the past. If someone can find a plugin for 3.7 or 3.8, PM it to one of the admins and they'll look into it and see if it'll work with what they have planned for upgrades. If it clashes with whatever Audy's working on, they probably won't implement that plugin.

Emburn

<3
Years
I decided to skip that plugin because I don't like the implementation of it. I can do better.

I've waited because we're working on a full revamp of the forums and this feature is on my list of 1st wave updates.

Thanks for letting me know (:. I actually found a really good one, but then I saw this!

Back