• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Hyetology

Do you mind corrupted music (I'll fix it later)?

• No - I mute VBA's volume anyway

Votes: 664 55.6%
  • No - I can deal with it for now

Votes: 263 22.0%
  • Yes - I won't play if the music is corrupted

Votes: 54 4.5%
  • Yes - It'll kinda ruin it for me :/

Votes: 213 17.8%

• Total voters

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Updated the story section a little bit. Hopefully it's more clear about what's going on at the start of the game and what your objectives are, but I couldn't write a lot because I didn't want to give away too much, either.

In addition, I put all references' sources in parentheses, so you can look up anything that might sound cool to you.

Kaith

Hacker of Fire
Years
Sweet. Looks like one of those hacks that don't just have you running around to stop an 'evil' team from messing up your life and you just running around and getting your badges. Darker plots = Interesting Plots

I'll be watching for the release.

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2012
Looks amazing, can't wait to play!! :D

But, will there only be a male playable character? xD

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Thank you, thank you. Your nice/thread-bumping comments, and support are greatly appreciated :D

Looks amazing, can't wait to play!! :D

But, will there only be a male playable character? xD

Of course not. Your only other option is May, though, since I don't like to do custom sprites for the protagonists.

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
I think you need one improve in mapping, put more things, flowers, litle rocks, and other details, i like the pallets, but have combination with 3d tiles and 2d tiles, you need choose one style, and create all tilesets in this style.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
After watching the video the first two words that came in my mind was "Resident Evil"!

Even though there was no mentioning about zombie pokemon I do have the feeling that this is gonna turn into a creepypasta!

And if you do add zombie pokemon...well, it will be too cliche but it will be something which I don't think we have seen in a pokemon rom hack ever before!

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I think you need one improve in mapping, put more things, flowers, litle rocks, and other details, i like the pallets, but have combination with 3d tiles and 2d tiles, you need choose one style, and create all tilesets in this style.

Perspectives aren't my forte. And I think my mapping is pretty good, at least sometimes. I dunno. :\

After watching the video the first two words that came in my mind was "Resident Evil"!

Even though there was no mentioning about zombie pokemon I do have the feeling that this is gonna turn into a creepypasta!

And if you do add zombie pokemon...well, it will be too cliche but it will be something which I don't think we have seen in a pokemon rom hack ever before!

Yes, it's been done before. No, I won't be doing it.

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Added a poll, so do your civic duty and vote.

The problem is that (and believe me, I've tried every other possible way) the only way to truly avoid music corruption is a tedious and lengthy process. I can get to work on it after I release the game, and release a patch, but I don't have enough time to do that and all the other scripting by July 20th. I also don't want to delay the game.

Let me know what you think.

wilso

Grass Master
Years
when i play most pokemon games i dont have music on i use my own =P (unless its like a epic battle theme)

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
oh, nice hack, love the screenies, love the storyline, keep it up! i cant wait to see this hack finished! ill mark july 20'th on my calender!

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Well based on the current number of votes, it's clear nobody cares too much about music. That's what I figured, but it's reassuring to know for a fact. Now I can completely ignore corruption and not feel bad (for now) :P

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
so the final release is estimated to be at 20 july ?! woooohooo ! cant wait to play it !! Also i like the references ( e.g. cole phelps from L.A. noire )

Last edited:

hinkage

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Gamefreak's Black/White and Black 2/White 2 have used some of my general ideas, with maps* and events**. Granted, the events weren't completely original to games, but they had never been done in Pokemon before. Just as a warning to everyone there MAY be some similar stuff, but now I'm inclined to just think of something else because I don't want to do things that have been done in the official games.

Spoiler:

**The Black 2/White 2 ending sequence, and other things I can't think of right now because it's almost 2 AM.

The only reason I bring this up is because I just saw the B2/W2 ending and got to thinking about how a lot of my ideas have been done by the mainstream games, and don't want people thinking I deliberately took ideas from them. It's just coincidence! Oh well. Too bad, so sad.

/Endrant Please consider adding support banners to your signatures, by the way. :D I added another, made by qaz015393. If you don't get why there's a Steven sprite, well then you clearly haven't played either of my other two hacks, you MONSTER. Anyway, I'll be posting more screenshots sometime this next week because I haven't in awhile.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Tigerkit approves. This looks very, very nice. I would add a little more detail to routes though. You don't want it to be just a plain, grass and tress route.*Constructive Criticism over* :)

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Gamefreak's Black/White and Black 2/White 2 have used some of my general ideas, with maps* and events**. Granted, the events weren't completely original to games, but they had never been done in Pokemon before. Just as a warning to everyone there MAY be some similar stuff, but now I'm inclined to just think of something else because I don't want to do things that have been done in the official games.

Spoiler:

**The Black 2/White 2 ending sequence, and other things I can't think of right now because it's almost 2 AM.

The only reason I bring this up is because I just saw the B2/W2 ending and got to thinking about how a lot of my ideas have been done by the mainstream games, and don't want people thinking I deliberately took ideas from them. It's just coincidence! Oh well. Too bad, so sad.

/Endrant Please consider adding support banners to your signatures, by the way. :D I added another, made by qaz015393. If you don't get why there's a Steven sprite, well then you clearly haven't played either of my other two hacks, you MONSTER. Anyway, I'll be posting more screenshots sometime this next week because I haven't in awhile.

hey man... all this is just a coincidence i don't believe that anyone would think of you copying gamefreak....and that's why everyone is here ! To try a new pokémon adventure and support the creators of the hacks !
P.S. 1: I copy pasted a hyetlology banner in my sig but it doesn't seem to work. In the sig preview it shows up but when i comment not....
P.S.2: What is with that screen that says "is thrashing about" ???

Last edited:

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
Yeah, i don't think anyone is going to make a big deal about a few coincidences seriously. You have two other hacks? I'm going to look for them now lol. I hope more support banners can be made, I'm not liking these ones too much... Just my opinion though. Good luck again with the hack on finishing it and fixing audio errors! :P

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Yeah, i don't think anyone is going to make a big deal about a few coincidences seriously. You have two other hacks? I'm going to look for them now lol. I hope more support banners can be made, I'm not liking these ones too much... Just my opinion though. Good luck again with the hack on finishing it and fixing audio errors! :P

i think that pokemon awesome version ( hinkage's first hack) wasn't showcased so it will be hard finding the patch file

Back