• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Hybrid Version - UPDATED [15/05/2016] - New Screenshots

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
I'd suggest checking out maps of hacks you like, and trying to mimic their style.

Ok, Thanks!

UPDATE:

Updated .gif Is Now Available!

5310888_orig.gif

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
Small Update!

What has been Updated?

- Maps

Maps

Here is i look at the brand new Norston Town!

Spoiler:

And here is a look at the updated Vertrose City!

Spoiler:

That's all for now! Make sure to check back soon for more IMPORTANT updates!!!

Wobb

Wynaut
Years
Hey, TheRealOCD! The hack looks great! I can't wait to play it! Also, what happened to Pokemon Crystal Clear? (I think that was the name)

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
Hello everyone.

I have a little update for you guys.

The poll is open again. It will be closed on February 15th 2015 so, Get those votes in there!

I'm working on the story for the rest of the week so, i should have a lot more details on it soon!

Thanks for everyone's support! More updates to come!

- TheRealOCD

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Your tiles look pretty nice, especially the snowy ones but I feel like you could improve your mapping. Looking at your maps for the routes it's literally just a straight line through most of the time. What's the point of adding wild grass when 100% of it can be avoided? It makes no sense from a gameplay standpoint.

In terms of the scripting, do you have any more scripts to show us? The starter script is a bit short, even if the professor doesn't have a lab you should make getting the starter more interesting than just a simple yes/no script. Just getting handed your starter outside of your house isn't very exciting at all, maybe you could have the player go to the first route with the professor to help him catch the starter or something. And why is the starter Dratini? I'm not a big fan of changing the starter types in general, especially when it's to a seemingly random Pokemon like Dratini.

Your hack has potential but I think there are a lot of issues with it right now. Like I said before, the tiles are very pretty but you should work on the layout of your maps. I'd like to see some more scripting too, because what you have right now is very underwhelming. I think with a little bit more work this could be a very good hack, good luck!

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
Your tiles look pretty nice, especially the snowy ones but I feel like you could improve your mapping. Looking at your maps for the routes it's literally just a straight line through most of the time. What's the point of adding wild grass when 100% of it can be avoided? It makes no sense from a gameplay standpoint.

In terms of the scripting, do you have any more scripts to show us? The starter script is a bit short, even if the professor doesn't have a lab you should make getting the starter more interesting than just a simple yes/no script. Just getting handed your starter outside of your house isn't very exciting at all, maybe you could have the player go to the first route with the professor to help him catch the starter or something. And why is the starter Dratini? I'm not a big fan of changing the starter types in general, especially when it's to a seemingly random Pokemon like Dratini.

Your hack has potential but I think there are a lot of issues with it right now. Like I said before, the tiles are very pretty but you should work on the layout of your maps. I'd like to see some more scripting too, because what you have right now is very underwhelming. I think with a little bit more work this could be a very good hack, good luck!

well as a partner in making Hybrid and being in charge of new features and graphics, i can say that i may change some mapping (and i think i map well, you can look through the maps in my hack if you wish. and all i can tell you is that OCD will make a good hack of this in time, i myself don't know how to script but i'll help with some ASM related stuff! and i might take charge of some story aspects, like adding a gym to Vertrose to behave as the 5th gym.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
well as a partner in making Hybrid and being in charge of new features and graphics, i can say that i may change some mapping (and i think i map well, you can look through the maps in my hack if you wish. and all i can tell you is that OCD will make a good hack of this in time, i myself don't know how to script but i'll help with some ASM related stuff! and i might take charge of some story aspects, like adding a gym to Vertrose to behave as the 5th gym.

Well, I still need to finish a lot of the story and the region! Thanks for helping me out anoy!

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
This hack is realy quiet:((

HUGE UPDATE

My computer is screwed up and i lost everything!

I lost every single pokemon ROM hack file.

All my pokemon crystal clear, pokemon fire red reborn and pokemon hybrid files are gone!

I might try to restart later today but........;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;

Hoping to bring you guys updates soon!

- TheRealOCD

Years
HUGE UPDATE

All my pokemon crystal clear, pokemon fire red reborn and pokemon hybrid files are gone!

I might try to restart later today but........;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;;-;

- TheRealOCD

Oh man that's an awful thing to happen! I'm super sorry that you lost everything. Did you ever upload anything to the cloud like a backup in case anything like this happened or is everything actually gone? Either way it seems you're taking this very well (better than I could) and I hope you're able to get past this hurdle.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
Oh man that's an awful thing to happen! I'm super sorry that you lost everything. Did you ever upload anything to the cloud like a backup in case anything like this happened or is everything actually gone? Either way it seems you're taking this very well (better than I could) and I hope you're able to get past this hurdle.

No, the only thing i have backed up is Crystal clear and fire red reborn.

I'm currently installing Steam! (It's going to be a long night)

Last edited:

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
Years
HUGE UPDATE

- TheRealOCD
Ah man, Sorry to hear that. Hopefully if you restart it'll be back to its former glory. Good luck with that.

anonyboy

Years
HUGE UPDATE

- TheRealOCD

Rest Assure OCD, Anonyboy has the backup! and i'd love to save your ass cause i'm stuck with AE because i can't script.

Ocular Stratus

It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
Years
Rest Assure OCD, Anonyboy has the backup! and i'd love to save your ass cause i'm stuck with AE because i can't script.

Holy shit! Wait can I use profanity here? Moving on, OCD glad to see you brought some veterans on to your team otherwise things could have gone a really bad way. In the future you should definitely use maybe Dropbox or something else to periodically save your project. Thanks anonyboy for saving the day. I really like the determination of the project to become complete against all odds.

anonyboy

Years
Holy shit! Wait can I use profanity here? Moving on, OCD glad to see you brought some veterans on to your team otherwise things could have gone a really bad way. In the future you should definitely use maybe Dropbox or something else to periodically save your project. Thanks anonyboy for saving the day. I really like the determination of the project to become complete against all odds.

You can use a bit Profanity to my knowledge, just don't go wild with it. and i'm not a veteran.... i can't script for god's sake. anyhow hybrid is saved and soon me and OCD Will plan the 3rd city.

Ocular Stratus

It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
Years
You can use a bit Profanity to my knowledge, just don't go wild with it. and i'm not a veteran.... i can't script for god's sake. anyhow hybrid is saved and soon me and OCD Will plan the 3rd city.

the only thing I can really do it edit OW sprites, so I mean you're more of a veteran then I am.

Back