• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: daily vidya chat

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Loaded up Halo 5 today just to check out all the changes. Man, 343 has done it again. Going to be playing a ton of this over the next few days/weeks.

Ah, I knew we'd have to have a disagreement somewhere! Found it!

I just uninstalled that and sold everything I had relating to it!

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
No, well yes, but more importantly I am beyond dissapointed with 343 yet again and don't think it's a good halo game.

First Halo game to ever have a custom games browser though! Something we have been asking for forever.

Arsenic

Years
First Halo game to ever have a custom games browser though! Something we have been asking for forever.

I guess I'll give them that one. I still remember custom game hopping in h3 lol.

But it's all the gameplay changes aswell as how any meaningful customization has been stripped out to appease the mlg players. They got their uber-fast paced eSports shooter, but us actual halo fans are left dissapointed. Heck, even ashamed! And this is coming from someone who went under the username "ODSTmarine" for years.

All in all I think it's a terrible halo game. Too fast paced with all these jets and Superman bullcrap, lack of customization, and a point I didn't touch on, horsecrap story that made no sense unless you read the books, with no coop to boot.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
The way I keep it fresh is by only playing after they have reset the ranks. Then I play 10 matches in each of the playlists I am interested in (SWAT, Snipers, etc) and then play other games until the next rank reset, or the next time they add a crazy weekend playlist like Rockets.

Arsenic

Years
PSA: If you for whatever reason are looking at getting a non-preordered game on Origin, use the "GIFTOFPLAY" coupon to get 30% off

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Boy, it sure didn't take Activision long to force Supply Drops and that ilk on Modern Warfare Remastered.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Oh, that actually happened? Lol

Update tomorrow adding the rest of the maps... is also adding melee weapons, COD points, character customization and more.

Thought they could sneak that in there. Whoops.

Arsenic

Years
Good thing I didn't buy it and borrowed it to play the SP.

Is activision still a scummy pub? Yep.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Apparently it's only cosmetic stuff. No weapons aside from melee weapons which don't really change anything as it is.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Well at least Countdown and Pipeline are back. I've been missing the maps that I've played the best at.

Bloc is alright. I've learned to not hate the map through time. Wetwork can still suck my boomstick though. That map was and will always be the map were everyone can just run Frag X3 or i like to call "Skill X3" and not even bother using their guns.

Strike is a wonderful map once you learn how to play it. Its a nice map that somehow falls in line with CoD's typical three lane map design, but its much better executed than most of the maps in the newer games.

image via CharlieIntel:
emsjtbD.jpg

Oh Call of Dooty...

Cosmetics only.. yep.. Though I do like the weapon kits for the existing weapons.
OIFXufs.jpg

Dat AK47 with the Red Tiger camo though.

Obviously, when Activision said "Cosmetic Only" and with Raven Software following suit, we all know that the Cosmetic Only crud will only be temporary and within a few more patches, the new weapons will be up to be part of the supply drops or attainable rewards.

Then again, I might be wrong. Activision and Raven Software will probably prove me (and many those who are talking) that the cosmetics will be in the supply drops only and the new weapons will be attainable by different means. (ehemSalvage)

The only thing good though for bringing the new weapons to MWR is that since Gun Game is now part of the package, i guess that's a good place to start. I mean CoD4 never had gun game originally, and the other CoDs did along with a much larger arsenal of weapons.

But yep.

Rather than fix Collaterals, rather than fix the ***ked up spawns in MWR which makes the already flawed Spawns in CoD4 a masterpiece, rather than make the sound quality for footsteps better to make soundwhoring a viable thing again, we get Supply Drops. nice priorities.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Oh there's absolutely no question that weapons will probably come too. Remember when people found some weapons hidden away in the files that weren't actually in the game yet? Hmm.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Speaking of new weapons coming to MWR:

https://streamable.com/xcin
Kamchatka-12 in action. Yep. The internet has a lot of lovely people. Youtube links of hidden weapons are obviously not possible since Activision is Activision.

Alright chat, if ya'll are wondering why a ton of people are fired up with new weapons coming into MWR.. well its not just really with the issue of them being in supply drops. Heck, even if they weren't and were attainable via regular means, people would still lose their cool. Its basically like this, other than OMGLEAVECOD4MWRALONE purist policies within the CoD4/MWR Faithful, it would be very difficult for Raven Software to actually balance out the new weapons given that CoD4/MWR has an actual perk that directly affects weapon damage, aka STOPPING POWER. Stopping Power as a perk basically makes a what would be a sh*t gun into something viable (Mini Uzi), or make an already good weapon become a badass instrument of murder (AK47), or in a rather hilarious case, the M16 being the best gun ever, but without the perk, its reduced to a rather average weapon. Just something to keep in mind. The whole weapon balance of MWR would be forever changed should the new weapons come in one way or the other. I wouldn't mind though, I mean, the stock weaponry in CoD4/MWR itself is already good with the likes of the AK47, MP5, AK74u, G3, Barett .50cal, and of course the Skill-16 already being very good weapons in their own right. If the new guns inevitively come, depending on what stats Raven Software decide to give them, it wouldn't really affect the usage of the stock/vanilla weapons in the game. Though again, i could be wrong. One thing I'm already curious is the fact that the fudding Galil is within the game files. The BLOPS1 Galil. 35 Rounds and having the Ak47's base damage stats (40-30)? Heck if the Galil came through, i'd definitely use that more than the AK47.

TLDR:
New guns => Changes the classic CoD4 experience a lot. Obviously purists will get ultra mad. It doesn't matter if the new guns are attainable regularly (aka Playing the game). The minute there's a new gun in MWR, people will be anal about it.

My TLDR:
New Guns => At least i have more stuff to use other than just an AK47, AK74u, G3, MP5, M4a1, and M16 all day.

Honestly, if ever the new weapons come and are attainable in a way that people just have to play the game, i wouldn't really mind. It would make me feel less guilty compared to those who'd spend for CoD points just to get a potentially good gun that may even challenge the cancer that is the M16. Heck, even back in good ole CoD4, i thought that if Activision and Infinity Ward just supported that game through new content for years, new weapons and new maps could have been added instead of just immediately jumping straight to MW2. Of course, Activision isn't the brightest publisher there is.

Given the appearance of Supply drops and the CURRENTLY cosmetic only stuff we have for MWR, some people might be saying that maybe, just maybe, Activision and Raven Software plan to make sure that Modern Warfare Remastered is a game that stays for a very long time. Like okay, we all hate supply drops, even those who don't even play CoD hate supply drops. But at least maybe, just maybe, Activision and Raven Software are thinking that at least if

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Makes me wonder if the next COD will be similar. Only cosmetic stuff/melee weapons in the supply drops.

Hopefully they also stop charging for the DLC maps. If Microsoft can do that with two of their major franchise games (Halo and Gear), one would hope so could Activision.

Back