• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How does this idea sound?

Autistic Lucario

Life is too short not to enjoy
Years
I'm currently writing a fanfiction that is different from most. It's about character rather than combat. The main character is a Lucario named Zeke. He wanders into a forest and into a portal, which takes him to another world. A completely different world (although not alien), where there are people there who have never even heard of Pokemon.

Zeke has to think rather than fight his way out of 10 challenges, and that's the sweet irony of it, since he's a fighting pokemon. He meets other Pokemon along the way who have ended up in that world too. It's basically like a really big adventure with puzzles along the way (some of them dangerous).

Currently, I'm on my 5th chapter (although I've uploaded 4). Zeke is in his first challenge, The Test of Courage.

I need feedback on the fanfiction, maybe point out anything I could improve in the future, typo-spotters would help.

I'm planning on making a really long fanfiction, and I've been getting really good reviews so far.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
It sounds like you have a really interesting and good idea for a fanfic. ^_^ My only concerns are why Lucario is facing these ten challenges, and whether or not the portal is realistic/explained.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Idea threads around the Writer's Lounge usually deal with ideas that haven't been put into production yet, in part because the posters of those kinds of threads are looking for a reaction before actually putting any sort of work into a fic about their idea (just in case it turns out to be something that won't be touched with a ten-foot pole by the community) and in part because a fanfiction that's already been posted can easily get comments on the story thread itself (to avoid making people have to switch back and forth between threads to see how other readers received the piece).

In other words, what you're looking for here is a bunch of reviewers, not feedback on your idea the way the pre-production people (i.e., writers who haven't actually started a fanfiction) do in idea threads in this forum. If that's the case, may I suggest this thread to help you find reviewers and this one (if you don't already use it) to advertise your story? Additionally, if you're looking for someone to help you proofread, perhaps you'd benefit from looking for a beta.

If you're concerned about the fact that you're not getting as many reviews as you'd like, my advice is to be patient. You're a new face around here (one who hasn't even really participated in the writing community around here to get yourself some exposure), and anyway, people are posting floods of stories, many of which have already unfortunately shoved yours off the first page. Kids tend to gravitate towards fics that are on the first page and are by people whose names they recognize, and sometimes, it's hard to get reviews even then. Use advertising methods like the ones I've linked to above and connect with people who frequent your forum, and that should net you a decent following.

Long story short:
1. You're already posting your fic, so we'll comment about your story on that thread if we want to.
2. The people who post their ideas in idea threads here haven't started writing yet and are looking for feedback before they devote themselves to a concept.
3. There's some good threads (again, linked above) that can help you get the exposure you need for your story. I'd suggest going with them. (Also, try finding a beta if you want someone to help you proofread.)
4. Be patient. Feedback will come to you with some time.

Back