• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mapping Into FR/LG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Next time you start a project it's a good idea to ask for permission first, but since it's already gathered a small following it can stick around.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
Great job, but I like Xoax's map better..

I like it, but please get rid of the black.

All accepted. :D

Well whatever you want, but mine's the proper dimensions. And I did say I'd do it first. And Littleroot is supposed to be surrounded by trees, according to the RSE map, and it's not supposed to be a huge place. =/

Well regardless, I'm not sure I can do the harder maps because I'm really new to this... I looked through all the maps in my various guide books and I can't seem to figure out how to copy certain things. Building types, etc...

I did Littleroot because it was simple, fairly square, and I could copy the dimensions easily because it's not a huge map. I might be able to do a route with just grass or something. I'm not sure.

And a general comment: As I believe I brought up in passing before, I noticed that FRLG buildings tend to have doors on the left or in the center. But some other regions (like Hoenn) have doors in other places. Just thought I'd bring it up because it might cause slight difficulty in some things. Not a HUGE deal but it's something to note, I guess...? BTW that's the only reason I moved the sign over one tile to the right on my map, because on the original, the door was not centered like it has to be in the FRLG professor lab. Just saying. =P

Oh yeah and I just noticed, xoax's map, above the buildings is the right green but there's no grass on those tiles. I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything but it looks a little unnatural. I really just want to help so...

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
This is going pretty fast! I'm pretty busy, but there's nothing to do now, so I'll get a start on......what should I do? I'm gonna work more on Johto, since nobody's working on that now. I'll route 1(or whatever the Johto first route is called) up soon.

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
Years
This is going pretty fast! I'm pretty busy, but there's nothing to do now, so I'll get a start on......what should I do? I'm gonna work more on Johto, since nobody's working on that now. I'll route 1(or whatever the Johto first route is called) up soon.

There I can agree with you.
Just got Lavaridge Town finished.
Spoiler:

I just wish I could have gotten a better spring tileset but this works to.

Maraala

a fiery passion
Years
Sammy will also try and conquer National Park too... Does it have to be from HG/SS? Or can Sammy do the National Park from G/S/C?

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
Years
I know, but I'm not changing it. If you look at the r/b/e Lavaridge Town there's also trees there but it's kinda hard to mirror that so I'm keeping it like this.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Um...that rustboro is horrible. It has tile and palette errors, and should be mapped with the saffron city tileset instead, and it just overall feels bland.

DialgaPalkiaGiratina

Kudos to zappyspiker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 8, 2010
Why are you spamming?

Anyway, I'm having slight troubles with CherryGrove. I post it ASAIC (As Soon As I Can)

@ Hack Deoxys, you can't do all of Johto :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back