• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which games do you think introduced the best pokemon?

Which game introduced the best pokemon

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inky

:pleading_face:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Not sure... Gen. 2 I felt really was a great expansion on what Gen. 1 had brought, and the two I feel work really nicely together.

Gen. 3 had some really cool Pokemon, but I didn't like some of them either (plus favourite game bias)

I really liked Gen. 4's Pokemon too. There were new evolutions and prevolutions, and some great others.

Proabably, for me, a tie between Gen. 2 and Gen. 4, with Gen. 3 closely behind.

Dark_Illusion

Psychic Trainer
Years
I would also have to say Gen 2. I personally thought the designs of the Pokemon were outstanding. Of course to me, nothing beats Gen 1. Thats the generation I first fell in love with, but to be honest, Gen 2 really impressed me. Even the remakes.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Both the Second Generation and the Third Generation introduced some of the most well designed Pokémon in my opinion. Of all five generations of Pokémon currently, I don't think I dislike any of the Pokémon from Gen II and III. Johto still kept the simplicity of Gen I, but it managed to add a bit more flair and color. Whereas Gen III managed to walk the line between simplicity and creativity with perfect balance. Nothing from these two generations have ever seemed too over done or too little. So while Gen II and III may not be able to boast the strongest Pokémon, they can definitely say they have some of the best aesthetically designed Pokémon on their side [in my opinion].

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Gen III has some gorgeously creative and diverse Pokémon designs which really did reflect the region they came from. I'd have to go with them first, but Gens I & II are right up there as well. Gen I managed to kick off something absolutely amazing and long-lived and the Pokémon introduced then were absolutely the most important part. And Gen II expanded upon Gen I extremely well while still exploring new possibilities. Wonderful~

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Generation II in my opinion provided us with some of the best pokemon aesthetic-wise. They're both simple and creative -- some quite powerful too.

lazy~

World's Laziest Trainer...
Years
I really liked generation 3's Pokemon. It has my favorite pseudo legendary and legendary Pokemon while all of the other Pokemon are well designed and not overdone like the newer Pokemon.

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
Years
as much as i loved the johto Pokes, Gen 1 for me. The Pokemon just seemed so varied, and the designs were just so simple, yet brilliant. Shocked at the love for gen V, my least favourite o the lot. In order it goes I,II,IV,III,V. Cant with or VI

Back