• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digivolve! into The Digimon Fan Club

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Username: Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
Favorite Digimon: Lopmon!
Topic answer: Do you guys look forward to the dubbing of Digimon Xros Wars/Fusion? Not overly much. I never watched further than the Digimon Tamers anime because the basics of the digimon world changed after that (well it changed between Adventures and Tamers too, but in good ways) and I didn't enjoy what little I've seen of Xros :D
Codeword(see rules): Digivolve!

I'd like to join just to chat a bit about digimon in general. I haven't played games, just watched some of the anime.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
I'd like to give it a try but only after Neverwinter. Neverwinter is the shiz.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Welcome Red's Hawt Chibi Pellipers

Also rezilia do you mean neverwinter as in the game that looks like balders gate?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 19, 2022
Um, I mean the D&D MMORPG by Perfect World that is AWESOME.

Years
Because it's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Sorry but what is the current topic?
I've been semi busy e0e
by busy ofcource I mean friends, sprites, and church.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I have no idea what the current topic is 8D What are your favorite seasons of the anime? I know this has probably been asked before (the topic is in the first post after all, haha) but I'm curious right now, if there is a series I haven't seen that I should probably give a chance.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I liked Adventure 01 the most I really never gave the others a chance I watched data squad but it was on tv at 5 o'clock in the morning on a sunday so i wasn't prepared to get up that early every weekend.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I think I liked Tamers more. It was serious and sincere and the story was deep. Plus, evolution and all worked in the most interesting way there. Even though I liked the feelings and power theme of 01 too. I think I still haven't finished 02 actually!

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
02 was good but they had no need to continue it, 01 was good and the end worked out but 02 was still very good in its own right it introduced armor digivolutions that a lot of digimon can use. I had 3 digivices I had the original one I remember and I loved using them me and my sister had a big rivalry with tamagotchi versus digimon.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Username: Magic Fox
Favorite Digimon: Renamon/Kyuubimon
Topic answer: Do you guys look forward to the dubbing of Digimon Xros Wars/Fusion? Xros was... different. I watched the sub and didn't really enjoy the style of digivolving - it felt like just a lame plot device and I thought Shoutmon's digivolutions just looked like mecha rather than digimon.
Codeword(see rules): Digivolve!

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Welcome Magic Fox
Currently we are discussing what your favorite series is.

Years
I like the first four series a lot. After rewatching Digimon 1 - 3. Frontier might be one of the best. I'm also a fan of the twins. Armor Digivolution though. Let me just get a metal coat for my digimon! :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm probably one of the only, if not the only, person who really liked Savers/Data Squad. Arguably I think that one would have to be my favorite. Got me back into Digimon and actually into Digimon enough where I actually watched the whole thing. Before then it was just whenever I caught it on TV and thus I watched only a little bit of Tamers and a bit of Frontier. I might go back and watch those (as I did with Adventure 1/2 thanks to Netflix) sometime so I have actually watched them from start to end.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Yeah I watched a bit of tamers but there was a large portion of my life where digimon wasn't in it sadly because I had no way of getting my hands on digimon since in australia if you found something digimon you are very lucky

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Frontier is my favorite season because I always enjoyed watching it and I couldn't easily find fault with it. While Tamers is probably the best written season of Digimon, Frontier was just what I enjoyed about watching Digimon without majorly weak writing. (If 02 wasn't such a mess, it would be my favorite season.)

I haven't seen much of Savers, but I'm thinking of sitting down and finally watching it to form my own opinion on it. It was released at a point in time when it was really difficult for me to find Digimon on television, and I had very little access to the Internet.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Which is the one with the different Agumon? Is that Savers? I watched the first few episodes of that and really didn't like it :(

Frontier though, I think I want to watch more closely. Still haven't tried it properly.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I didn't mind 02, the last few episodes were like PLOT TWIST AND HERES ANOTHER PLOT TWIST but other than that I didn't mind it because it gave some sort of post story for the original digidestined and what they are doing after the whole adventure though I didn't like how Sora ended up liking Matt because what about Tai yeah it showed he had developed as a character the way he took it but... Tai and Sora were supposed to... Plus I like Veemon and the digimon movie for it where they meet willis made me cry as a kid.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Which is the one with the different Agumon? Is that Savers? I watched the first few episodes of that and really didn't like it :(
It's one of those seasons where the first few episodes are pretty slow but it picks up after a bit. Don't know if that is enough to give you another try but since it's overall not one of the most popular seasons I understand.

I like 02 overall. But the biggest problem with 02 is that no one really got development other than Ken. You didn't really know most of the characters backstories and while they made some attempts into getting some character development in it didn't really succeed as much as they did in Adventures. Then you have the ending that was, for the most part, really out of the blue and almost ridiculous. Yamato/Matt suddenly becoming an astronaut, Sora/Matt although we saw little development on screen, and speaking of development despite all the onscreen time they had TK and Kari didn't get together. Or even Kari/Daisuke (Davis?) which would have still made a bit more sense than Sora/Matt.

... Yeah I'll stop rambling now haha.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I didn't mind 02, the last few episodes were like PLOT TWIST AND HERES ANOTHER PLOT TWIST but other than that I didn't mind it because it gave some sort of post story for the original digidestined and what they are doing after the whole adventure though I didn't like how Sora ended up liking Matt because what about Tai yeah it showed he had developed as a character the way he took it but... Tai and Sora were supposed to... Plus I like Veemon and the digimon movie for it where they meet willis made me cry as a kid.
Then you have the ending that was, for the most part, really out of the blue and almost ridiculous. Yamato/Matt suddenly becoming an astronaut, Sora/Matt although we saw little development on screen
There was someone on Tumblr who asked Hiroyuki Kakudou, Digimon creator and series director about Yamato and Sora, especially their relationship and occupations in the epilogue.

Yamato became an astronaut for several reasons. From a franchise standpoint, 02 was going to have its own sequel, where enemies came from space. Yamato become an astronaut is a remnant of this idea. His official Adventure profile says that he's an athletic boy who also does well in school. His personality fits the military ideal. Between who he is as a character ("Yamato" even being Japan's ancient name), how Japan's military is, and proposed ideas for 02's sequel, it makes sense for him to become an astronaut.

As for Sora being a fashion designer, that shows her development as a character. She's taking more after her mother, instead of "rebelling" against her mother and the traditional ideas. The clothes Sora designs are modern clothing. They're kimonos. Kimonos are part of Japanese traditional tea ceremonies, along with flower arranging. In the epilogue, when Sora is shown with her designs, there are flowers in the scene. The Takenouchi family is traditional, and Sora's character development from Adventure through to the epilogue show that she understands her mother's traditional ideas and accepts them.

Now as for their relationship, that was planned right from the start of Adventure. Yes, the epilogue was originally planned to be at the end of the first season, rather than the second. (It was midway through Adventure that 02 was agreed upon to be a thing.) Kakuduo said that Taichi and Sora's (Taiora) relationship was only friendship and nothing more. It was always going to be Sora and Yamato (Sorato) becoming a couple. Only three script writers for the Japanese version knew about Sorato, which was why there was so little foreshadowing about the couple in Adventure. As for foreshadowing in 02, Sora and Yamato were background characters and the writers wanted to focus more on the main characters.

If you look through their relationship in Adventure, you'll find that Sora and Yamato understand each other. The same person who collected all this information did an analysis of Digimon Adventure episode 26 here.

The information can be found here and here.

I haven't found anything yet about Takeru and Hikari, but I haven't really gone looking. The only small bit of information I found was a brief mention that the writers of the series didn't want them to get together, but the animators did. After reading that, it is possible. Quite a few pieces of evidence about Takeru and Hikari liking each other more than just friends are bits of animation, and nothing really from the original series. EDIT: And this also makes sense with the fact that Takeru is the one writing the story. Therefore, there wouldn't be much evidence in the written portion of Digimon compared to the animated form.

Last edited:
Back