• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Lightning Yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.

x24

Researcher-Sprite Thieves, DIE
Years
It would actually be nice to have an actual conversion.. many have tried and gaze up but this one looks very promising.. there were enough differences between the two (RGB and Yellow) to make it worth playing.. Jesse and James, Mew (supposedly in the Jap version instead of Mewtwo), all three starters, different setup for the unknown dungeon.. and theres a few more I'm sure u can add.. Don't bother with the missing 'following' Pikachu, or the sufing game.. its not that big of a feature.. You can base event son the happiness of the first pokemon in your party..

If you're going to change the story or something.. make changes to the Sevii islands.. like different islands.. different items to find and buy and featuring different pokemon (different ones from johto and some from hoenn), celebi or additionals that u make..

yankee_fanatic33

GENIUS INC.
Years
This looks like a cool hack/remake! I love Pokemon Yellow a lot! I was dissapointed when Nintendo didn't make an official LightningYellow, but I'll like this one, too!

Years
Nice hack ya' got going here! You should add some HM Tutors to teach Pikachu to Fly and Surf, 'cause this game obviously doesn't work with Pok?mon Stadium.

You should also change the GFX somewhat, to make it feel like Yellow. I don't mean make them like the original Yellow, just improve them.

Red

Pokémon Trainer
Years
majinx24 said:
It would actually be nice to have an actual conversion.. many have tried and gaze up but this one looks very promising.. there were enough differences between the two (RGB and Yellow) to make it worth playing.. Jesse and James, Mew (supposedly in the Jap version instead of Mewtwo), all three starters, different setup for the unknown dungeon.. and theres a few more I'm sure u can add.. Don't bother with the missing 'following' Pikachu, or the sufing game.. its not that big of a feature.. You can base event son the happiness of the first pokemon in your party..

If you're going to change the story or something.. make changes to the Sevii islands.. like different islands.. different items to find and buy and featuring different pokemon (different ones from johto and some from hoenn), celebi or additionals that u make..
I was planning to leave the original sevii islands in, and maybe make new levels including some johto.(there's so much empty space in the rom, why not?) For now, I'm just going to script the changes from red/blue to yellow, but later on, it will be possible.
Don Patch said:
Nice hack ya' got going here! You should add some HM Tutors to teach Pikachu to Fly and Surf, 'cause this game obviously doesn't work with Pok�mon Stadium.

You should also change the GFX somewhat, to make it feel like Yellow. I don't mean make them like the original Yellow, just improve them.
Only if the surfing pikachu is on a surf board.(Like in gsc, if you had a pikachu that knew surf, the surfing sprite looked like a surfing pikachu)
But I might add it in.
And I might change the gfx, I was planning to, but I still have to figure this stuff out...
Expect Another Beta Soon!

Sunflorazumarill

Look, it's Sunflorazumarill!
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
I happen to have a great idea on how to make it so that Pikachu has a better chance of defeating Brock! You should make it possible to get the TM for Iron Tail before reaching Pewter City. That way, Pikachu can know an attack that's great against Rock-types!

Red

Pokémon Trainer
Years
it was never supposed to be easy to beat brock.(especially with a Pikachu...) You can catch either caterpie/metapod or mankey(your choice!) Train them enough and they'll pwn brock, okay you don't need a strong pikachu...(butterfree confusion/mankey lowkick)

Okay new beta out! I'll attach it to the first post and put more info there.

Last edited:

charimon

Yeah hacking !! ^^
Years
oak changed allot haha it looks good try to do your best on this one i really liked yellow but my game flipped :( if you want the pikachu's from the intro just ask me i revamped them all ;)

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
Years
Heh, i'm doing the same kinda thing, but mines alot different but i did do Lightning Yellow, but now changed to Thunder Yellow the stuff is on Pixeltendo.

Red

Pokémon Trainer
Years
But I came up with that name first a long time ago!Original Thread
Okay, so I'll go through route 3 and such and edit through to mt. moon, next beta will most likely be to the end of mt. moon.

superd188

Good friends
Years
ramon99 said:
oak changed allot haha it looks good try to do your best on this one i really liked yellow but my game flipped :( if you want the pikachu's from the intro just ask me i revamped them all ;)
Dude can you get me the one on the surf borad

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2016
Red in the uploaded beta can i obtain squirtle,bulbasaur,charmander(in the present released beta).

Red

Pokémon Trainer
Years
vivekharin said:
Red in the uploaded beta can i obtain squirtle,bulbasaur,charmander(in the present released beta).
Sorry, not right now. Not till I get to cerulean and route 5 i think it is and in vermillion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back