• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyMrHans

Drunk and slightly Irish
Years
Jesus H. Christ, the Battle Frontier in HG cheats more than anything I've ever seen, four critical hits in a row took down a maxed EV/IV Gyarados and Growlithe. Of course, this isn't relevant to RNG, yet, I need the BP to teach my Scizor Bug Bite to RNG a decent Scyther. I know this is completely the wrong thread, but, I'ma ask anyway before I talk about my recent RNGs. Does anybody have a Scizor or Scyther with bug bite, and good IVs that I could borrow for a day or two to RNG my Scyther?

Now onto my pretty pokemons. :)

004.png
597.gif
004.png

Spike
shiny.png
| Level 18
Hans | 12288 | Black
Adamant | Iron Barbs | 31 31 31 XX 31 31
Metal Claw, Rollout, Leech Seed, Spikes

004.png
577.gif
004.png

Curie
shiny.png
| Level 1
Hans | 12288 | Black
Quiet | Overcoat | 31 31 31 31 31 XX
Psywave, Psyshock, Hidden Power, Reflect
OH MY GOD YOU DON'T HAVE MAGIC GUARD, WHAT THE HELL HAVE I DONE?

004.png
602.gif
004.png

Nikola
shiny.png
| Level 1
Hans | 12288 | Black
Quiet | Levitate | 31 31 31 31 31 XX
Tackle, Thunder Wave, Spark, Charge Beam

004.png
597.gif
004.png

Ferroseed | Level 23
Hans | 12288 | Black
Naughty | Iron Barbs | 31 31 31 31 31 31
Curse, Metal Claw, Pin Missile, Gyro Ball

004.png
332.gif
004.png

Cacturne | Level 35
Hans | 12288 | Black
Naive | Sand Veil | 31 31 31 31 31 31
Growth, Leech Seed, Ingrain, Spikes

So, there they all are. All I need now is to redo that god damn Solosis because I misread the seed info, and acquire a Scyther with bug bite. (Not right thread, but hey, I'll trade a shiny solosis with a **** ability and perfect IVs for a Scyther/Scizor with bug bite :P)

Last edited:

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Hey guys, for those who don't know me I am TheGr8, I used to be really active in TC and RNGing mons. I have just mae a return since RL got in the way before and I am a very active VGC player. I wanted to join this club because I do RNG and what a better way than to do the event! Let's go this is my trusty tailsman:

rsitem004.png
058.gif
rsitem004.png

Growlithe
shiny.png
| Level: 1 UT
OT: Tom
ID:08716
Adamant | Flash Fire | 31/31/31/5/31/31
Flare Blitz | Wild Charge | Close Combat | Roar

The reason why he is my trustytailsman: Growlithe was one of the first fire types I ever got in RBY. He was an instant favorite of mine, as others like the starters a lot better. Throughout my years of playing Pokemon, Growlithe/Arcanine has always stuck with me in EVERY game. I at least had one playthrough with one on my team. Now we reach Black and White and Growlithe gets a blessing. CLOSE COMBAT. He has saved me so many times in Singles/Doubles when I have used him. Growlithe and Arcanine's grace and loyalty has made it stick by myself not only because I wanted it to, because it wanted to be there. There is definitely no pokemon out there besides it that will always be so graceful and stick by your side no matter the challenge or hard times. It also has grit and determination in battle, even when outmatched, it will fight it's hardest until it feints, and that is all a trainer can ask for. <3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I love your Puppy, Sydian!

Thanks so much! <3

Mac, I'm loving those cute Metang, specially the shinies. I'm a sucker for elemental punches haha. Or elemental anything tbh...lol

AngelZodiac, BP is breeding project, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, I've been doing a lot of egg RNGs in Black, so I think I'm gonna do a capture or two before I go to bed tonight. I miss matching the ball with the Pokemon's color lol. :(

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
This was the most difficult decision for Owner's Choice for sure, but I have finally made a decision. It took me a while thinking this through because we had a lot of wonderful entries and even a rare 3rd gen abuse! Many did wonderful descriptions and other cute things that made this very, very difficult. In the end, it came down to one little cute nickname that might have won me over...

004.png
197.gif
004.png

Midnight / Umbreon (f) lv. 2
Synchronize | Careful
Cedric | 26099
31/31/31/20/31/31 | 100 HP/100 Sp. Def
[ Tail Whip, Tackle, Payback, Wish ]
-hatched in Black City-

Congratulations to Sydian and her wonderful Umbreon, Midnight on winning the Owner's Choice for the Trusty Talisman Challenge! Once again, this was very very difficult... but Syd is always the best with nicknames, I think.

And announcing the new challenge! TwilightBlade is picking this one...

Challenge #12: Happy Birthday to TwilightBlade! RNG a Pokemon that she'll be sure to love and don't forget her crazy obsession with dive balls! EKEKE, dive ball it, as she says!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Aw yay I'm so happy! n_n If anything, I'm happy my favorite Pokemon won. Heck, I'm happy with that even if I never win again. XD; Thanks so much! I find it funny you like my nickname though...came up with it when I was like...8? But thanks so much. :)

And lol, I've actually got another birthday I'm RNGing something for. Gonna work on a shiny female Snorunt for sister. But I will find a scuba Pokemon to dive for.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Happy birthday TwilightBlade! =o

Also I just wanted to post a Pokemon I RNG abused so that I could further RNG a shiny litwick with HP fighting =p

607.gif
004.png

Litwick ♀ lvl 1
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Flame Body
OT: Shinies ♂ TID: 49098
IVs: 31/31/30/30/30/31
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Ember, Astonish
Met/Hatched at Route 3

Edit: Whoohoo here's the final result =)

607.gif
004.png

Litwick ♀ lvl 1
Nature: Modest
Ability: Flash Fire
OT: Shinies ♂ TID: 49098
Hidden Power: 70 Fighting
IVs: 31/31/30/30/30/30
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Ember, Astonish
Met/Hatched at Route 3

Last edited:

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
Incoming challenge mon!

359.png

premierball.png
Absol ♀ ⋆
Super Luck|lvl. 50|Adamant
31|31|31|29|31|31
Slash|Future Sight|Sucker Punch|Detect

Here you go blade one of your favs (I totally didnt stalk your page or anything) HAPPY BIRTHDAY ETC!

I also decided to get that Musharna at the dreamyard done

518.png

healball.png
Musharna
Telepathy|lvl. 50|Relaxed|HP Fighting 70
31|31|30|30|30|2
Defense Curl|Lucky Chant|Psybeam|Hypnosis

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

004.png
265.gif
004.png

Wurmple
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Modest | Shield Dust | 31 22 30 30 30 30 (HP: Fighting)
Tackle, String Shot

One thing about this Wurmple... I hope it becomes a Beautifly.

I suppose I need to learn how to find flawless wild Pokémon so I can have a Pokémon in a ball other than a PokéBall, because I never actually learnt how to.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Perhaps read the RNG guide in the Trade Corner, or at Smogon, though I think the one we have here is more helpful. I...honestly don't recommend joining a club when you don't know a thing about the topic at hand. But I definitely think it's something worth learning if you'd like, and we'd be glad to help you do so! But a good start is to read about RNG abuse. :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I'll sign up :D

But I don't quite understand this fan club.. can someone tell me what I need to do?

I agree with Sydian, but I think you're maybe asking what RNG abusing is? RNG abusing is abusing the random number generation in the Pokemon games to manipulate the Pokemon you receive to get what you want. When I say manipulate it's more like precise timing and understanding of simple programs to determine what seed pops up at different times.

If you already understand that then throw what I just said out of the window. This club's main purpose is for people who enjoy RNG abusing Pokemon to gather and share our recent RNG abuses, ask questions about RNG abusing if we're having issues, and complete little challenges that the owner of the club comes up with.

I'm a newbie here so don't take my word for it but I believe I'm right. Also the guide here by TwilightBlade is a lot better than Smogon's. Prettier pictures :3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
^ Not only that, but I think pictures help and make more sense. But maybe that's just me haha. /visual learner

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
^ Not only that, but I think pictures help and make more sense. But maybe that's just me haha. /visual learner

I'm a phonic learner I think you would call it. I easily learn anyway though o.o But the steps listed in the guide here along with the pictures make more sense.

CrazyMrHans

Drunk and slightly Irish
Years
I'm a phonic learner I think you would call it. I easily learn anyway though o.o But the steps listed in the guide here along with the pictures make more sense.

The Smogon guide takes far too much as assumed knowledge, and rushes through really important points without clarifying exactly what they mean.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
The Smogon guide takes far too much as assumed knowledge, and rushes through really important points without clarifying exactly what they mean.

Exactly. I learned from that twisted guide though xD The only thing that I needed was the helpful tip Ganzo provided about finding your actual starting frame by getting the egg right when you start up the game. Finding out when to press A is really just a matter of having to learn by doing.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I learnt how to RNG mainly off Youtube videos and from tutoring from a member called Deku.

More RNGs!

004.png
602.gif
004.png

Tynamo
shiny.png
female.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Modest | Levitate | 31 31 31 31 31 31
Tackle, Thunder Wave, Spark, Charge Beam

004.png
597.gif
004.png

Ferroseed
male.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Relaxed | Iron Barbs | 31 31 31 31 31 0
Tackle, Harden, Stealth Rock, Leech Seed

004.png
540.gif
004.png

Sewaddle
shiny.png
female.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Jolly | Swarm | 31 31 31 6 31 31
Tackle, String Shot

004.png
280.gif
004.png

Ralts
shiny.png
female.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Timid | Trace | 31 9 31 31 31 31
Growl, Theif

evo21

RNGing is awesomes
Years
  • Age 36
  • uk
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
can i join in here i can gen 4 and gen 5 RNG

my latest 5th RNG

pokemon-Aerodactyl (nicknamed Ra)
ot-roger (13266/54111 RNG abused tid/sid)
shiny-yes
jolly-31/31/31/0/31/31
ability- Unnerve DW
level-1
ball-pokeball (was a breed)

moves -Scary Face,Hone Claws,Earthquake and Stone Edge

heres my latest on gen4 HG

pokemon-Ho-Oh
ot-roger (13257/27222)
shiny-yes
adamant-29/30/29/2/31/30 (best spread i have with that tid/sid combo)
ability- pressure
level-45
ball-masterball
moves -Extrasensory,Sunny Day,Fire Blast and Sacred Fire

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
My latest abuse.
129.gif
004.png

Magikarp
shiny.png
male.png
lvl 1
Adamant | Swift Swim | 31/31/31/31/31/31
Splash

I bred this thinking it would be a delicacy in the real world, notice how it only knows Splash which makes it harmless therefore ideal for cooking. I dislike shiny gyarados' anyway.

evo21

RNGing is awesomes
Years
  • Age 36
  • uk
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
Another gen5 RNG

pokemon-Zoroark
ot-roger (13266/54111 RNG abused tid/sid)
shiny-yes
timid-31/31/31/31/31/31
evs- 6 hp/252 Sp.A/252 speed
ability- Illusion
level-100 (yes i ev trained it:)
ball-pokeball (was a breed)

moves -Grass Knot,Flamethrower,Snarl*and Focus Blast

* (obtained via from a japenese event zoroark)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back