• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen What was your starter

Years
Gen 7 starters are my favorite starters so far, and that makes it hard for me to choose a favorite because I love 'em all. They're the best.

Hmmm, I guess I have to go with Popplio because its final evolution is my favorite by an inch.

Darkpoké0011

User of the Dark-Type
Years
Went with Rowlet as I always choose the Grass type starter, and I was actually kinda disappointed by how strong Decidueye was! If I were to play through Sun/Moon again, I'd probably go with Popplio

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
I started with Rowlett on Pokemon Sun, Popplio on Ultra Sun, and Litten on Ultra Moon.

Of the three starters gameplay wise, I would have to go with Popplio. Primarina was wrecking a good amount of opposing Pokemon alone. I suppose it helped she got Icy Wind as a level up move early on in USUM, and the starter I chose had Hidden Power [GROUND].

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2022
first playthrough of Sun/Moon- Rowlet

2nd- Litten

3rd- Popplio

USUM- Rowlet

4th- Litten
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My favorite starter is Rowlet, but the one that I found was better in the long run was Popplio

Years
Picked Litten on my first playthrough of Sun. When the starters were announced i thought i would pick rowlet because of that awesome decidueye design. i also loved incineroar the same way. especially that Fire/Dark typing. i leaned on to litten a bit more since im a sucker for fire types

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Honestly, every time I see Rowlet I gush over its absurd cuteness, so naturally it was my first pick!

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
I used Rowlet for Moon and Litten for Sun.
Since it was easier to reset for a female Popplio in USUM which I was so glad about I used mine in my UltraMoon.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 21, 2018
I chose Rowlet. Not only it looks better, but it being a flying type gives me advantages when I fight Hala.

Sloxy

Mon Amour
Years
Let's see, when I played Sun, I chose Rowlett (Final evolution looks the coolest), on pokemon Moon I chose Litten, most powerful of them all (And a cool signature move) and finally for Ultra Sun I picked Poplio, although I can barely stand it. It's pretty weak and slow. I was 7 levels above a pokemon and it still wasn't faster. (And no the other pokemon wasn't using a priority move)

Alyssandra

in Wonderland
Years
I picked the blue seal thingy. Otaria in French :P no idea for English. I'm not using it in my team, though.

Years
I chose Popplio twice. Cats are congealed devil runoff, and my contempt for birdlife runs far and deep. But later I wanted a Torracat so I jumped on the fuck yeah wagon and sailed into the sunset.

Well, truthfully someone I know really liked Rowlett and Litten, and I dislike choosing the same thing as other people. And I mean, come on! It's a baby seal! I went into the games obliviously, so I had no idea how any of them would turn out. But male Brionne is epic. It's like having a grizzled Sylveon. Who wants a girl in their team, anyway? Pah! They'll infect the others with cooties.

I'm very happy with Popplio and Brionne. Primarina, in all of its pearly, eyelashed beauty, is a bit too much for me. If it looks too nice, kick it. < My motto. So naturally I am no catch with the ladies.

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Rowlet! I didn't really used it much when it evolved to Decidueye, though. Was really falling behind the rest of my team. :P

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
My first time playing, I think I choose Litten. I love cats so much, and it only seemed natural. However, I ended up going with Popplio several times because it seemed like a better choice than any other. Now, I have Rowlet named Hiddles because I thought Tom Hiddleston fit that one more than the other two. ;w; That, and I do love owls too!

Years
Popplio in Sun and Rowlet in Ultra Sun. Ended up boxing Rowlet fairly early on though iirc since I found other mons I wanted to use more....but heck is he cute. Primarina takes the cake as my favorite Alolan starter to use though. Cute and strong! :D

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
I always wanted to see a Grass-type bird Pokémon when I was younger, so Rowlet was like a dream come true for me! Decidueye's awesome design was just the icing on the cake to Rowlet's cuteness. ^w^

Back