• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Weather Version

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 3, 2011
Hey pokecommunity, we've been working on Pokemon Weather for a while. We've made a lot of progress, don't get me wrong, but never we got around to the coding/game engine aspect of making the game. Thanks to Krimm (and even bigger thanks to poccil and flameguru) who introduced us to the starter kit, we're now able to take this game project to next level.

Due to things being scattered and the rush to post a thread up, all I can offer is in-game information and screenshots. I promise to post more stuff as soon as possible though.

pokemonweatherblackadscreen-1.png

IN-GAME INFO​

Region:
gohirregionmap.png

The region is Gohir. It's located southeast of Evergrande City (3-4 water routes to give you an idea) Its kinda small, has 8 gyms and a pokemon league(Verde League). There won't be any other leagues nor will there be visits to other regions. There will be Day/Night and Weather though.

Storyline:
You start off on the sunny paradise that is Pinark island. Swimming and playing with pokemon at the beach was your favorite pastime. But now, you're all grown up. It's your birthday. Professor Pinark was aware of your love of pokemon and promised you one on this very day. Your now 15 years old and finally get one of three new starter pokemon. But, your fascination with pokemon and great relationship with Prof.Pinark has caused an intense rivalry with his son Rein.

Rein is four years older than you. You've always had a rocky relationship with him so not much is new. From now until the rest of the game, you and Rein will settle an intense rivalry while also competing for a shot at the Verde League. But wait, there's more...

Team Rocket is back!

After their defeat in Johto, Team Rocket went on hiatus while struggling to recover. During this time, they secretly worked to establish a foothold in Gohir with the help of the team's new co-leaders. They realized their failures in Kanto and Johto and now their back for another go! Their objectives involve creating fear and hysteria throughout the region, stealing and selling pokemon to fund their activities, and last but not least, getting a hold of rare rocks which will enable Team Rocket to make a new pokeball powerful enough to capture the two newly discovered legendary pokemon with ease.

And it seems like Team Rocket has done their homework. They claim to know secrets about these two legendary pokemon that not even pokemon professors around the world know. And this is why a foothold in Gohir was necessary. But you can't let Team Rocket capture these pokemon and use them for unknown reasons. You not only need to teach your rival a lesson, you need to dismantle Team Rocket before they exploit the true potential of these pokemon. Kick those losers back to Kanto for good!

Pokemon New and Old:
Thanks to contributors, we were able to come up with 100+ ideas for new pokemon. All of these pokemon will be available of course. Pokemon from all old regions (including a few Sinnoh pokemon) will be available too.

Legendary pokemon:
Pokemon Weather will have about 5 to 8 (still being decided) new legendary pokemon. At first, they gave you Ho-oh and Lugia. Then they gave you Groudon and Kyogre and finally, you have Dialga and Palkia. We have Kororae and Anulcra as two main legendary pokemon. There's a reason Team Rocket wants these two and it goes beyond these pokemon's obscure yet secret ties with Groudon and Kyogre.

Aura Power
----------
Aura power is a new feature I plan to implement but its all wishful thinking at this point. Basically, a pokemon's aura is chosen at random similar to how pokemon get their natures.
There's common and rare auras. The common auras are obviously the ones your pokemon have a high chance of getting while the rare ones are what they hardly get. Each common aura is responsible for raising a certain base stat a couple of points while a rare aura raises the points of two different base stats (spd and sp.attk for example) Since I'm new to base stats, I haven't decided how much a pokemon's base stat points increase due to its aura. I will decide later on though.

Common Aura:
Pink Aura: Raises Base HP ??? points
Red Aura: Raises Base Attk ??? points
Brown Aura: Raises Base Def ??? points
Yellow Aura: Raises Base Spd ??? points
Blue Aura: Raises Base Sp.Attk ??? points
Green Aura: Raises Base Sp.Def ??? points

RARE AURA:
Gold Aura: Raises Base Def ??? points; Raises Base HP ??? points
Silver Aura: Raises Base Spd ??? points; Raises Base Sp.Attk ??? points
Black Aura: Raises Base Attack??? points; Raises Base Sp.Def ??? points

SCREENS​

Screens:
Intro screen - Prof Pinark
screenshot5az0.png

Intro screen - Purline
screenshot6nw4.png

Wild battle Intro
screenshot2tr5.png

Wild battle - Pikachu vs. Rattata
screenshot3zr9.png

Wild battle - Raticate vs. Aphotphan
screenshot4sd9.png

Apilberry Village - At Night
screenshot1iu5.png

Hope you enjoyed the screenshots! Below is our credit list. Pm me if you helped us out and I forgot to add you to the list.

Credit List: (to be updated)
Poccil (Special thanks)
FlameGuru (Special thanks)
Castform
Diggeh
DeathKnight Dio
Krimm
Barbra
Ashura
Eareunder Telrunya
Yuoman(sp?)
Archayos
Dragonfree
Tempusdominus
KrustyToenail
Pokegen Team (Anyone else I forgot to give credit to)
Neo-Dragon
Matt-GCN
Spritersresource
Serebii.net
Pokemonelite2000
Vgmaps
Vgmusic

If you're interested in helping out, pm me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 3, 2011
Hey what's up neo. It's good to hear from you again. That thing at the top right is actually a construction site. Just like the one in Vermillion city.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Looks good (I have to say that don't I lol), but the Pinark sprite bugs me, his eyes are really weird, so I'd fix that. Otherwise looking good.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
I like the trainer backsprite alot ^_^

This looks pretty cool, keep it up.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 3, 2011
I thought the trainer back sprite came out decent actually. I just need to fix the hair and a couple of other small things. Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll try to post more stuff today.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I spoke to MM last night, and there might be a little update today!

I spoke to MetaMew last night, and he might just post a little something.

Last edited:
Back