• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
Years
  • Age 33
  • Home
  • Seen Oct 6, 2010
Just a quick question. I haven't found any answers to it...

I'm working with A-Map to make some maps... duh... I used the connector to connect two maps of the same tileset. When I try to transition from one map to the other ingame, the ROM freezes... Is there a fix for this?

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2009
Needed to do something fairly simple, give a pokemon for one fight, then take it and replace with another.

...How do you *take* them?

Exploding bulbasaur starter would be a little odd if you just ended up with two of them.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
To actually HIDE it?
Hmm...
Try clearflag of the setflag you used to activate it?
Idk.

I know I should use both clearflag and setflag. :laugh:
but I don't know the hex value of the ITEM/BAG... :\

Just a quick question. I haven't found any answers to it...

I'm working with A-Map to make some maps... duh... I used the connector to connect two maps of the same tileset. When I try to transition from one map to the other ingame, the ROM freezes... Is there a fix for this?

Hm...
Did you 'add' another connection to a recent/old map?
Sometimes, if the map only has three connections, and you add another one, it'll crash the map.
I had that experience when I was hacking Reign of Legends...

Needed to do something fairly simple, give a pokemon for one fight, then take it and replace with another.

...How do you *take* them?

Exploding bulbasaur starter would be a little odd if you just ended up with two of them.

That would require some tough scripting...
If you're hacking FireRed, try asking the creator of PKMN Eruption, for he had a video about that.
It would require the takepokemon command where I think thethethethe or someone else has posted in the Documents and Tutorials...
If you're hacking Ruby, I have no idea how or whom to ask...

I have another question, can you insert these D/P/Pt attack graphics/battle backgrounds/items in Pokemon Ruby?

View attachment 46563 View attachment 46564 View attachment 46565

View attachment 46566 View attachment 46567

those are really nice.
Insert them in the game?
Well, for those two items, I guess you could replace existing items which are useless like STICK. Just replace their sprites with Unlz-GBA.
For the attack animations, yeah, you can insert those images, but I don't think you can implement the animation of the attack you want.
I guess you just have to think of an old attack which does the same animation to what you want to insert and just replace their attack sprites. :\
For the battle backgrounds, you can do them with Unlz-GBA, however, I don't know anyone who can do those with Ruby...

School days again...
Years
those are really nice.
Insert them in the game?
Well, for those two items, I guess you could replace existing items which are useless like STICK. Just replace their sprites with Unlz-GBA.
For the attack animations, yeah, you can insert those images, but I don't think you can implement the animation of the attack you want.
I guess you just have to think of an old attack which does the same animation to what you want to insert and just replace their attack sprites. :\
For the battle backgrounds, you can do them with Unlz-GBA, however, I don't know anyone who can do those with Ruby...
Ok thanks for the help. I'll try it.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I have some hard time with thyat unlz gba look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SELEPz8wnbA
I'm trying to switch the aqua grunt sprite with this rocket sprite: http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/Frankthesaiyan/JesseandJames.png (credit ssj4furatmtman) and it's just shows me nothing,I've changed this into 16 colors and gif format,but again,nothing!
what the hell do I need to do??????,I also have problems with overworld editor rebirth

gif?
the sprite should be in png format...
also, I have a tutorial on how to insert sprites...
it is located in the Documents and Tutorials section...
check it out. hope it'll help your problem.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2016
Hey guys, is there any evolution editor/a quite easy way to edit evolutions on Platinum? I'm desperately looking for a way to get Rhyperior and all the other new guys...plus some old ones lol.

lriley777

Pokemon hacker lv.100
Years
how do i fix my title

1. i tried switching the charizard in unzGBA with the pikachu, but now whent comes to that part, the game freezes on a white screen

2. how do i edit the title ex: pokemon firered----> pokemon dark aura.

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2013
1. Hello, quick question. I followed a tutorial on how to insert pokemon into my FireRed Hack. Well it works great for the front sprites. But how do i do it for the back ones?

2. Is there any Pokepic like program that works for firered and leafgreen?

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2017
In a double battle, is it possible in Fire-Red to have you and an AI trainer against two other trainers? And if so, how does it work? Do you use three each, or six each?

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
In a double battle, is it possible in Fire-Red to have you and an AI trainer against two other trainers? And if so, how does it work? Do you use three each, or six each?

No sorry, this is only doable in P/D/PT and Emerald.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
1. i tried switching the charizard in unzGBA with the pikachu, but now whent comes to that part, the game freezes on a white screen

2. how do i edit the title ex: pokemon firered----> pokemon dark aura.

there's a tutorial on how to do that.
read and understand it thoroughly.

1. Hello, quick question. I followed a tutorial on how to insert pokemon into my FireRed Hack. Well it works great for the front sprites. But how do i do it for the back ones?

2. Is there any Pokepic like program that works for firered and leafgreen?

1. do the same for the backsprite, but this time, don't import the palletes.
just import the sprites.
2. I don't think there is...

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
ok so i used advanced mart to make a mystic ticket and auroa ticket avavible at a pokemart but i can access all islands apart from those ones. Any ideas. I have handed the ruby gem to ceilo and rescued lorriete from icefall cave.

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2012
Is it possible to create new abilities?
I want to fuse Technician and Immunity into one ability, but I presume that means making a new one (so no other pokemon, other than the one I want) are affected.

Larsie13

Om Emerald:

• Around what offset would I find the Pokénav images? (The ones that say HOENN MAP, MATCH CALL, etc., as well as the town layout images you see when you zoom in on the map.) Also, would I find them in TileMolester, or in unLZ?
  • Same as above, except, where and how can I find the Badges?
  • A problem with the worldmap: when I insert a tileset-image that's bigger than the original one, I have to repoint it to a free offset. When I check unLZ's Auto-adjust pointers option, it finds 2 pointers, and changes them. Now, the problem also happens when I manually edit either pointer with a Hex Editor; the hero OW becomes invisible :\. And when I start a new game, the game restarts itself after Prof. Birch's intro. Now, the worldmap and the hero's OW sprites shouldn't have anything to do with each other, or am I wrong? Also, if this is the result of repointing the worldmap tileset, then how would one insert a tileset that's bigger than the original?

Hoshiko Aki

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2011
Hello,

If I want to insert a sprite it dont work.
I follow a tutorial. But he say some thing the image has been changed or some thing like that. many time's with a different offset each time.

i do some thing els with aouto repiont or something and then i go to a next picture and then back and then is the spirite gone.

How can i fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back