• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Power Can Change The World

Honest

Hi!
Years
Well, if anything is possible, I'd make the world a better place, namely getting rid of the lower class and also getting rid of any criminals. I'd also get a few stuff for myself. Call it a perk.

As for how would your power manifest, I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
LMAO Bloodex is gonna make the world a better place by murdering the lower class. I know that's not what you meant, but it's how I read it and it's making me laugh - a lot.

Anyway onto my answer, I'd use my power to obliterate disease. If humans want to kill themselves and each other, that's not something I would want to intervene with because as nasty as that is, it tramples on the concept of free will. Disease is heart-breaking; it's messy and ugly and I don't want that in this world.

As for the how the power would manifest itself, I'm not sure what exactly you mean, but I guess it's how the power would work? I think I would do it be able to do it remotely, because I think if I had to actually touch the people to obliterate the disease from their bodies, it'd mean a lot of schlepping around and people just stalking me in order to touch me. I think the power would grow over time, until eventually I can just close my eyes and cure everything that's wrong with every living thing on the planet.

Years
I would turn deserts into forests, stop droughts, famine, murder, create equality for all stop global warming. Basically fix all that's wrong with the world.

The only problems I see happening is I go crazy with power, and overpopulation. (^^that's the only problem with getting rid of disease) But I guess we'd enforce a one baby per person rule? I don't know...

As for how my power would manifest, I'd fall into radioactive slime and discover the power over a month or so. Nothin' like good ole fashioned radiation! :D

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
I would take over the universe! Muahahaha!

K, no, but since everyone has already fixed basically all the wrongs in the world (and yay my disease is cured XD ) with theirs and made the whole world happy rainbows~ I guess I would bring husbando back to life. Since I can't just go bringing all the dead back because that would be uh.......werid. So yeah.

/selfish uncreative answer

And I have no clue how it would manifest. Because as stated, I am uncreative. XD

Years
I honestly wouldn't have a clue what I'd do with that sort of power. The first thing that my brain goes to when you get asked that is something like stop world hunger or stop global climate change or something like that. But to do something like that there would be a massive impact. Try and stop world hunger? Where would all the animals and crops the people are going to live off grow? Try and stop climate change? What's stopping it from happening again or another form of climate change setting in?
I honestly cannot think of anything that won't have some sort of impact on another part of the world.

Years
I dunno. Getting rid of disease seems like the best thing to start with. And making enough food and shelter and basic necessities for everyone. Magically fixing the ozone, saving the whales, etc. etc. Basically, I'd do all the unquestionably good things the world needs. After that, I guess I'd take petitions from people for other changes they'd like to see. 'Cause, you know, I might think it sucks to live with Asperger's, but maybe someone who has it thinks it's part of who they are and doesn't want that to change. So I'd wait to hear from anyone who has it and wants it gone before taking it away.

And, ya know, with all the people surviving and people being what they are, I'd make a couple of extra Earths so people who don't want to live together don't have to.

It would all manifest with pink sparkles.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Well I know I would be the pessimist. I would have the power to change the world and be hesitant to use it. There always seems to be some consequence to these types of things.

Still, if it could be anything at all of my choosing, I would want to end what I see as bad. You know, war, disease, pollution. But there are so many other bad things like overpopulation that would be much much harder to...fix. So then my consequence would probably be me turning into a genocidal maniac overlord with evil powers for the "greater good."

Or maybe I could not turn evil and just come up with lots of crafty solutions for how to end these problems. That would be infinitely preferable, I think.

Oh, and I would want the power to manifest moderately and subtly. Maybe just like some sort of light creeping across things. Something really unimpressive.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Pure evil. Plain and simple.

Well, first, I'd create unlimited sources of oil and drive gas prices down to about 20 cents a gallon so the automakers can bring back the big old luxury cars from the past. I'd resurrect Oldsmobile, Mercury, and Pontiac from the dead. I'd create a special... something that handles all maintenance and cleaning for buildings. Heck, I'd make it so my body cleans and takes care of itself automatically. Then I'd use my magical powers to completely correct the economy. Fix the environment, get rid of disease, and so on, and make it so that human activities no longer cause pollution at all. After that I'd use my powers for personal gain, making me wealthy beyond belief.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Well, first, I'd create unlimited sources of oil and drive gas prices down to about 20 cents a gallon.

This will be the first thing I do. As soon as a renewable, reliable source of oil and energy is found/created for the entire world to share, what's probably the biggest threat of war is taken care of.

Then it's onto diseases. Most of the known ones are curable already, why eliminate them? If someone doesn't want to be taken care of for a curable disease, they bring about their own suffering. (That said, free health care for the entire world!) I'd only take care of the things that are incurable, like AIDS. Gone, screw you, AIDS. (Or at least bring everyone with it down to one AID and prevent the virus' reproduction.) Along with this, I'd probably eliminate allergies. Really there's just no place for those. Diseases brought on by genetic defects can go, too.

From there, I would probably do things to benefit my own comfort and ability (such as learning every language, providing my living arrangements with things I'd enjoy having, maybe a puppy, etc.). After a few days/weeks/months (depending on my mood/activity/the puppy), having absolute power would start to bore me. Then I'd start using it to help others again, like (re)building orphanages and homes, schools, provide solid education to the world, maybe create a more reliably renewable food source like I did with fuel and electric energy. (Maybe make something that can grow in the winter, instead of outright make everything grow faster to end world hunger?)

Lastly, I'd finish my worldly good deeds with a classic from Tesla: a tower that provides free wireless (renewable) energy to the entire world!

I would spend the rest of my immortality in lightly secluded luxury (aside from the internet, of course! Can't stop playing all my MMOs and PS3 games just because I'm omnipotent!) and maintaining the gifts I'd given to the world, allowing humanity to continue advancing on their own agenda. As time passes, I could become a reputable world leader, spread my influence and stop conflict and strife, assisting the population to come to the conclusion themselves.

Eh, screw it, I'll be evil and fast-forward to the part where the world's overthrowing me.

As for the manifesting, I would like it to be gradual; ease me into it over a short period of time instead of throwing omnipotence on me all at once.

Last edited:
Back