• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
So I'm thinking of joining the Trainer Academy RP, but I'm confused a bit as to what level my Pokemon can be. Is it still level 20 max?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
In Plague I felt it was a bit awkward because everything felt as if it had been handed over to you in a golden platter, you had portable PCs with dozens of Pokemon, fresh supply of water in a hotel... yeah. No offense to MichaelaTheUchiha or Zamorak. Nakuzami's free to feel insulted d:

I love you too, son.
Yeah, I don't think Michaela and I knew what the hell we were doing; but we didn't plan to let everyone keep that stuff for very long . . . at all. I had actually planned to get rid of 90% of it not long after the point where the RP died. xD
//but we also didn't plan too far ahead. Well, we had the generalness if it planned, but not the fine details. Apparently that wasn't enough. x3

But, yeah, it did work in Pokezombies . . . but we also played as Pokemon, without all the technology and everything. Still, it could work.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@d4rka8isz: Oh, um... well no. The limit on starter levels was increased to 25. Perhaps you could come on over to the OOC? It feels awkward to discuss this here. :P

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years
Yep, I've got a Fairy Tail RP planned. Part of the plot is already developed, but I think I'm still going to wait a looooooooooooooooong time until I post it, because life's pretty hectic right now.

That, and I totally can't GM to save my life. :<

@Saturated Hue Really?.... Awesome. Do you mind me asking if i could see a small summary about it. If you have started it that is.

@Princess....something. The story is good but try to make it.....Um..realistic, like, what are the police doing about it and all or if the scientists are trying to find a solution to stop the spreading and more basically how did it got from Sinnoh to Kanto, was it by walking, swimming or i don't know. U get what i'm saying right??. I like it though

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
@Saturated Hue Really?.... Awesome. Do you mind me asking if i could see a small summary about it. If you have started it that is.

@Princess....something. The story is good but try to make it.....Um..realistic, like, what are the police doing about it and all or if the scientists are trying to find a solution to stop the spreading and more basically how did it got from Sinnoh to Kanto, was it by walking, swimming or i don't know. U get what i'm saying right??. I like it though

... how does a virus spread from walking/swimming? >_>;

Anyways, I can easily see how it spread from Kanto to Johto because they're connected, but the other regions are pretty far off... so I don't really think it could actually spread like that. Plus there's the whole quarantine issue. Also, one more issue I see is, if the virus spread that easily to all regions, how did it not affect the Orange Islands? Orange Islands is pretty near to Kanto/Johto iirc, so there's a lot more bigger chance of it being affected rather than Unova itself.

Also I'm pretty sure scientists would be working on a cure. There is an area sealed off... there should be like a research facility there.

@PkmnTrainerYellow: No, they can't really be considered that way... Being a zombie means you're practically brain dead now. And you really need some power of your mind to use powers like blowing fire, or shooting water. And since zombies in Resident Evil are like... half rotting anyways, I don't really see how they would be able to use their powers. Resident Evil had a few of those flying kinds of zombies too.

Anyways what I want to say is, Pokemon-who-have-become-zombies-cannot-use-their-powers concept worked pretty well in Pokezombies. It was fun, challenging to fight, and at the same time, not very easy too. Plus we had a zombie gyarados thrashing around at one point. That had been fun.

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years

... how does a virus spread from walking/swimming? >_>;

Anyways, I can easily see how it spread from Kanto to Johto because they're connected, but the other regions are pretty far off... so I don't really think it could actually spread like that. Plus there's the whole quarantine issue. Also, one more issue I see is, if the virus spread that easily to all regions, how did it not affect the Orange Islands? Orange Islands is pretty near to Kanto/Johto iirc, so there's a lot more bigger chance of it being affected rather than Unova itself.

Also I'm pretty sure scientists would be working on a cure. There is an area sealed off... there should be like a research facility there.

@PkmnTrainerYellow: No, they can't really be considered that way... Being a zombie means you're practically brain dead now. And you really need some power of your mind to use powers like blowing fire, or shooting water. And since zombies in Resident Evil are like... half rotting anyways, I don't really see how they would be able to use their powers. Resident Evil had a few of those flying kinds of zombies too.

Anyways what I want to say is, Pokemon-who-have-become-zombies-cannot-use-their-powers concept worked pretty well in Pokezombies. It was fun, challenging to fight, and at the same time, not very easy too. Plus we had a zombie gyarados thrashing around at one point. That had been fun.

~_~ How would i know. I mean you can't expect a zombie to fly a plane would you. You said it yourself, zombies don't have a brain so the only way to actually get from Sinnoh to johto is damn well swimming....... Thats the only option i got +_+

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
I think we ended with a zombie attack in Plague, correct? I was planning that the zombie attack kills our supplies so those who refused water/food/healing would be pretty screwed~

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@DeepImpact: Even a pokemon as stupid as Slowpoke can discharge a deadly flamethrower or use powerful psychic abilities and they're slower than most zombies I've seen. Pun intended.

But seriously, if you make an RP where Pokemon might as well not be pokemon you're only reaaally appealing to zombie fans. That's not a bad thing per se, but in a world where some RPs struggle to survive you may want to avoid narrowing down your audience like that.

Better yet, why not have pokemon on both sides? It worked for humans against human zombies. They're much more numerous and may very well be stronger but you're smarter and etcetera.

Oh, did I mention that we've totally had pokemon vs human roleplays? I think I saw something recently about Nideous planning on remaking one of them, called The Children are Haunted. It had a pokemon vs humans theme, with some pokemon and some humans more neutral than others.

There was also another RP I think, that had a more clear two sides deal. I believe they gave humans themselves the ability to wield pokemon powers to even the playing field. Neither of them made pokemon powerless mooks and they both made out very well as I recall.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
@DeepImpact: Even a pokemon as stupid as Slowpoke can discharge a deadly flamethrower or use powerful psychic abilities and they're slower than most zombies I've seen. Pun intended.

But seriously, if you make an RP where Pokemon might as well not be pokemon you're only reaaally appealing to zombie fans. That's not a bad thing per se, but in a world where some RPs struggle to survive you may want to avoid narrowing down your audience like that.

Better yet, why not have pokemon on both sides? It worked for humans against human zombies. They're much more numerous and may very well be stronger but you're smarter and etcetera.

Oh, did I mention that we've totally had pokemon vs human roleplays? I think I saw something recently about Nideous planning on remaking one of them, called The Children are Haunted. It had a pokemon vs humans theme, with some pokemon and some humans more neutral than others.

There was also another RP I think, that had a more clear two sides deal. I believe they gave humans themselves the ability to wield pokemon powers to even the playing field. Neither of them made pokemon powerless mooks and they both made out very well as I recall.

I think this argument has become a looping one xD;

Anyways, yes, we've had Pokemon vs. Humans RPs before, I mean, War between Pokemon and Humans should be the biggest example xD

And yet again, if we give Pokemon to both sides, I will have to repeat the main point of my argument, that giving Pokemon would become too easy. :/ In a way... it'd become easy. Unless, of course, the zombie Pokemon had powers too. That would work, but yet again, it would become really easy for the trainers.

My main point is, that survival shouldn't become really easy. I have to agree with a few of your points, seeing that both the zombies and normal people have Pokemon does seem like a good concept, but seeing that the Pokemon League in this certain RP, are sending in their best trainers, they would easily have a full team with about level 55-60 Pokemon. This would definitely be a cakewalk for the trainers, since they would be able to defeat a whole horde pretty easily with such Pokemon.

I guess the best 'solution' would be to not have the strongest trainers, but rather some random, weak trainers surviving on their own, trying to find a way out. They could have, one or two Pokemon, all about level 20-25. That way, both the Pokemon AND the trainer would really have to struggle to survive. But of course, it's up to the GM of the RP to really work it out.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
God I hate zombies. :(

U gaiz r wierd

better than dem werwolf thingys

And also, I was quite surprised only 1 RP was submitted these days, things really have slowed down quite a lot xD;

EDIT: Woo, 1000 posts. That didn't take me too long. lol.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I'm sure we've had more than one submitted/accepted (cough) Miss Doronjo's (cough) mine (cough), DeepImpact. :P

I'm talking about the one that got accepted today :( Your RP was accepted like 4 days ago or something like that. What I was surprised about is that there was only 1 RP submitted during those 4 days xD

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
God I hate zombies. :(

U gaiz r wierd

That's just because you know you'd be killed in the first wave. :P

Skymin said:
And now the RPAs are officially closed!!

Good luck to all the candidates! I'll review the nominations with my team and we will get back to you with the winners soon!

THIS ISN'T SOON SKYMIN-LADY.

Oh . . . and if you're looking for reasons for a zombie-plague to spread . . . you could easily have a carrier have tried to flee, only to spread it to another reason. This can be done . . . in many ways.
BTW, by carrier I don't mean zombie. I mean either someone who was infected, but hadn't turned yet, or someone whom was immune but still carried the virus.
Or you could have a pokemon fly/swim/teleport. It's . . . not all that unlikely. Except with maybe Unova, being so far away and all.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
WEREWOLVES ARE THE BEST DON'T YOU DIS THEM

Yeah, only Miss Doronjo's in the past few days. slowness doesnt mean badness though

Pokemonmaster_draco

One Of The Best
Years
Guys,, today's boring. Anyone got any bad*** RP to post down??

Oh!!! Here is a good idea, how does everyone feel about making an RP based mainly on magic, no pokemons included and all......some storylines and guidance from Fairytail fan GM.......with some rich creative minds. A bit like Magi Nation, with Anamytes, sky islands and some creatures, also based on some warriors or freedom fighters, thieves,??!!. Someone must get what i'm saying right? It's mostly like an ALL BASE RP :)

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I'd like to get back in this. What are we talking about? New RPs? & I'd like to bring up a topic.

How often do you RP in Pokecommunity?

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
How often do you RP in Pokecommunity?

Well, I'd have to say I'm active, or at least try to be, but I'm not too good with keeping up with an RP that practically flies by. (Who is?)

And now, I also pose a question.

What's one (or more if you like) of your RPing pet peeves? If you're thinking of a certain person when you type up a peeve, please don't refer to them due to obvious reasons.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
What's one (or more if you like) of your RPing pet peeves?

Definitely when many RPers move on without me, like when I have to read through 2 pages & everyone's moved on without me. I've dealt with that once. Thatn goodness it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back