• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I can't sleep. I'm thinking too much.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I've found that I think a lot when I'm trying to fall asleep, and I know that's the case for a lot of other people.

What are some things that keep you from falling asleep at night?

Years
If I absolutely know I should be asleep right now but I'm not tired then the tiniest little noise can keep me awake. For example when I can heard people three doors down whispering, even if I can barely hear it it'll be enough for me to focus on and blame for not being able to sleep.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Thinking actually puts me to sleep believe it or not haha.

But my apartment makes a lot of creaking sounds when people walk around, and that definitely keeps me up.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
The unquiet mind, my pets hogging the bed and dreaming out loud, the stress of not knowing whether or not my alarm clock will wake me up

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I tend to obsess over my problems when I go to sleep, not the best thing, but I can never make my mind shut up. It causes me to have trouble sleeping.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I generally think about my life when I'm in bed. I usually just chill out, thinking and/or watching TV for a while before actually going to sleep.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Before I sleep, I usually think about random thoughts. Whether it be my sad past or my unknown future. It keeps me up until midnight, or even past midnight.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I often mull over the events of the day, but it's less mulling and more feeling like everything that happened has hit me like a truck. Thinking these things often induces reflections on each event, and thus thoughts on how to improve and/or make the next better by avoiding the mistakes I made that previous day. Song lyrics also run through my mind all the time so that makes for extremely long nights as well.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
YES. This happens to me all the time. I usually try to go to sleep, but my mind is just too busy juggling the events the next day will bring, reflecting on the happenings of that day, what the meaning of life is (even though perhaps it is 42), what my purpose is etc.

Years
If I'm worried about something (anything, ranging from the silly to anything big), then mu chances of sleep have dramatically dropped. I have the bad habit of being obsessively anxious over things, and if I have a problem then good luck getting that off my mind to go to sleep.

If I'm being randomly creative, that will also keep me awake. This isn't so much a problem if I feel I can get out of bed and go write down notes without taking away from my sleep (like if I had to wake up early the next morning). If I don't, though, then the ideas will keep bouncing around in my head, keep me up, and then make me worried I'll forget them in the morning.

Usually it's the first, but yeah. Anxiety and an overactive imagination are what tend to keep me up. <_<

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Nothing keeps me awake at night anymore, since I don't go to bed til about 3 or 4am I usually fall asleep pretty much immediately :P.

I usually think a lot before I sleep but that doesn't necessarily stop me from sleeping.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Unfortunately, sitting in the dark in bed does indeed get my brain thinking about some (sometimes surprisingly deep) stuff, and so I end up not falling asleep, and sometimes even going back on the computer to look up things relating to the thoughts that enter my mind.

Years
My sleeping times usually vary depending if I have work the next day and if my mother and brother are in a conflict then I do have trouble sleeping cos of the loud yelling.

Years
My brain is continually going at all hours of the night, so even after a long day, I still can't fall asleep even if I'm exhausted. I always find that listening to music on my iPod with my eyes closed for about half an hour relaxes me, and then I can usually fall asleep pretty quickly.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Definitely. Worrying about the future or things I need to do the next day keep me up. Thinking about worst-case scenarios for things that need to be accomplished definitely keep me up. It's a terrible flaw I have that is really bad for my health. I'm working to fix it.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I can't sleep when I think about random stuff and some family problems.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
It happens almost every night. Usually it's thoughts about my life, the day I had, family ,friends, and just random though sometimes deep thoughts are what keep me up at night. Also if my older brother is downstairs he would sometimes talk to himself loudly or if he's playing a video game that he's keeps screwing up at and bothering him, then he constantly yells loudly at it.

Back