• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Guy

just a guy
Years
I think a meerkat would be more likely.
Petrat and Watchog could be considered somewhat of a meerkat already. A Naked Mole Rat Pokémon wouldn't be so bad. I'd probably nickname it Rufus.

I hope someone gets that reference.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Petrat and Watchog could be considered somewhat of a meerkat already. A Naked Mole Rat Pokémon wouldn't be so bad. I'd probably nickname it Rufus.

I hope someone gets that reference.
Me too, that's what I would name mine if there was one, that or Ron.

Maybe we will have a pokemon based on a bishop/hierophant since we already have king, Queen, and Knight, Pawn (Pawniard), and Rook (Bastiodon) based pokemon so only one piece left until we can get a complete chess team.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
I think it would be kool to have a goat pokemon or a ram

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Do we have a zombie-like Pokemon already? If not, that'd be an interesting concept, albeit slightly disturbing....

And no, not counting Ghost Pokemon. XD

We don't have an actual zombie Pokemon, but we do have Parasect, who is technically zombified by its large mushroom. I would like the zombie Pokemon's design to be similar to the buried alive model from the Lavender Town Syndrome story.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
I would live to see a lion based fire type( not entei looking)
A water/ psychic dolphin also a new pokemon that has eevee type evols a normal type that evolves different depending on stone . Don't get me wrong i love eeveloutions like the rest but it would be cool if another pokemon was able to do it

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
A water/psychic Dolphin would be interesting in general but I don't think it needs branch evolutions. I mean it comes from the ocean, there isn't much further to go from there imo. :(

Guy

just a guy
Years
Also, more kinds of whale Pokemon! Don't leave it at just Wailord!
An Orca. A Water / Dark Orca Pokémon and a Water / Psychic Dolphin Pokémon. Make it happen, GameFreak.

I would live to see a lion based fire type( not entei looking)
A water/ psychic dolphin also a new pokemon that has eevee type evols a normal type that evolves different depending on stone . Don't get me wrong i love eeveloutions like the rest but it would be cool if another pokemon was able to do it
If another Pokémon like Eevee who has multiple branch evolutions were to be introduce, then Eevee loses its one trait that makes it so unique from other Pokémon. In my opinion, I would much rather Eevee gain new evolutions to cover the remaining types every couple of generations, instead of getting a new Eevee altogether.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
An Orca. A Water / Dark Orca Pokémon and a Water / Psychic Dolphin Pokémon. Make it happen, GameFreak.

If that does happen then Sharpedo will lose its uniqueness somewhat! Unless the Orca is muuuuuch more intimidating, has intimidate, is giant and has strong special attack. :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If that does happen then Sharpedo will lose its uniqueness somewhat! Unless the Orca is muuuuuch more intimidating, has intimidate, is giant and has strong special attack. :)

Sharpedo never had Uniqueness if you are going by type. Crawdaunt shared the same Type Combination as it, and it lost is signature ability in Gen 5 when they gave Rough Skin to other Pokemon, not to mention created a new variation of Rough Skin for Ferroseed/thorn.

It being a Shark is still unique and making an Orca which is between a Whale and Dolphin by pedigree wouldn't effect it that much.

Years
We already have Kyogre which is based on an Orca but another one would be nice. Also Garchomp is a shark...so that shark uniqueness has already been lost abeit a different kind of shark.
I'm hoping we get a larger diversity of sea, river, and ocean pokemon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh right I forgot about the other sharks/dark + water types :x Okay ya, a dark orca would totally be okay, but only as long as it's special (like I posteddd) and doesn't learn thunder like Kyogre as mentioned or it'd be like Kyogre the seconddd minus the typing. :(

Basculin

Dragonite Fan
Years
I would like to see a Water/Psychic pokemon as well. I /NEED/ a bug and ghost/dark type. I would also like to see a pre evolution for Shuckle. Maybe it could be like a worm or something?

I also like the OP's idea. I would also like to see a non-legendary Dragon/Ice type.

Years
Maybe we'll get none legendary fire/dragon and ice/dragon, they could be version exclusives. Or maybe a pokémon that changes formes from Fire/Dragon to Ice/Dragon.

And while I'm not sure if this would be a new pokémon (or a new Kyurem forme) they should have the original dragon and make it Dragon/Psychic seeing how the three dragons shared their secondary typing with the birds first so the original could share it's secondary typing with Lugia's first.

Years
If they did a mosquito pokémon I'll perfer it be Bug/water, or Bug/Ground (with levitate) as in real life they tend to be more common in swamp like places.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
We need a Dark-type tarsier. I'd also like to see a hamster and a white tiger. I also think that it's about time that we got a Velociraptor.

Back