• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X and Y or Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
For sure ORAS. I HATED X/Y at first, and only got in 2 gyms before stopping. About 6 months later I picked it back up, and it was a bit better, but overall, the story sucked imo. The people that follow you around and steal your credit, the difficulty, lack of new pokemon and legendaries, I could go on and on.

But mostly, gen 3 ftw

xXLunaSolXx

I prefer ORAS. XY is the worst Pokemon game ever made and there are many reasons for it. Mary Sue rivals, rushed story, small number of Pokemon and a joke villain team! Need I say more?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
I prefer ORAS. XY is the worst Pokemon game ever made and there are many reasons for it. Mary Sue rivals, rushed story, small number of Pokemon and a joke villain team! Need I say more?

Oh, I completely forgot about team flare! 1 million dollars to wear a stupid outfit? How do they have so many members? The grunts, and admins were poorly designed imo, and most of the admins didn't even have names! Everyone in X/Y was SOOOOOO stupid! I knew Lysandre was evil from the start, even before I knew about team flare. It's just SO obvious, and EVERYONE likes him, because he made one stupid device that looks ugly and hardly gets used! Not to mention their stupid intentions. It's amazing that all these people are willing to pay 1000000 to kill their friends and live with other rich people in ugly suits.

xXLunaSolXx

Oh, I completely forgot about team flare! 1 million dollars to wear a stupid outfit? How do they have so many members? The grunts, and admins were poorly designed imo, and most of the admins didn't even have names! Everyone in X/Y was SOOOOOO stupid! I knew Lysandre was evil from the start, even before I knew about team flare. It's just SO obvious, and EVERYONE likes him, because he made one stupid device that looks ugly and hardly gets used! Not to mention their stupid intentions. It's amazing that all these people are willing to pay 1000000 to kill their friends and live with other rich people in ugly suits.

I laugh at Team Flare. A fugly suit for one million PokeDollars? Are you kidding me!? No wonder why I sometimes prefer the older generations.

Also, taking over the world with fashion is the dumbest plan for a villain.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
Years
I prefer Oras even though it was mostly a story done before I enjoyed going through Hoenn again and all the extra features that came along with it.

Starpire

King of Crystal Styx
Years
i liked X&Y because of character customization and the Pokémon of that gen (my favorites being Goodra, Aegislash, and Noivern), but that's as far as my praises for that game go.

i HATED the composition of the Trainer Battle theme.
as a musician it was just.. insulting? maybe I'm the only one who had beef with it.

ORAS is vastly superior.
though it's a bias thing, gen 3's my favorite and all..

blue

gucci
Years
I've always had a soft spot for Hoenn, so I prefer ORAS. While XY had some good points, I wasn't a fan of most of the characters nor the region as a whole.

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
I'm going to say ORAS, but there is a very good chance that my views on XY vs ORAS are highly biased due to Gen III being one of my absolute favorites :/

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
Ignoring the better battling mechanics from ORAS, like new Megas etc., I think X and Y are better. They are prettier, the maps look a lot better and livelier, it had nice throwbacks to gen one, the fancy gear, whose name I already forgot, was a lot better organized, it had character customization, etc.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2019
I prefer X and Y, it's a great first 3D adventure in Pokemon. Plus there's tons of customization and some fun Mega Stones for certain Pokemon, EXP share makes the game easy for any skill level.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
So I just played X for the first time, and I've only barely scratched the surface of what OR entails. But already I think I'll like OR much more because Kalos as a region was so jumbled up and strange somehow, while Hoenn rides on nostalgia towards me. Sorry, Kalos.

Years
Both are not bad games, but OR/AS clearly had better quality and superior features such as DexNav, Super Secret Bases and Contests. DexNav was so addictive that I got some good Pokemon, one in particular I enjoyed was a Mightyena with Moxie who proves to become a powerhouse with those easy Attack boosts. Another one I enjoyed was a female HA Eevee who I since made into a powerhouse Sylveon.

Also, there was so much nostalgia screaming at me because Hoenn was the first region I played through.

Last edited:
Years
ORAS was decently better despite unfortunately not incorporating more of Emerald, but only somewhat made up for it for me via the Delta Episode (which sadly was too short for me to really enjoy). It was nice seeing some new megas (at the time, anyway) of Pokemon that I liked, though, and soaring was an amazing feature that I wish was a thing in SM.

OR/AS did have its missed opportunities, but Delta Episode and soaring definitely compensated. It was a bit of a dick move by Game Freak deciding not to patch the OR/AS Mega Evolutions into X/Y, which pretty much forced everyone to move onto the newest game when it came to official tournaments.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
What exactly about X&Y are you particularly fond of?

Back