• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Off The Menu [T] [IC]

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
KHgTa1v.png

-----
"Alright kiddo," PJ said, sweeping his hand across the room. "See all t'ese portraits and such? Lift 'em up and haul 'em upstairs. Easy peasy." As the Spinda teetered off to extinguish his cigarette, Bailey's eyes were drawn towards a prominent painting leaning up against the iced wall.

Spoiler:

-----
Suddenly, Bailey's vision blurred as he was hit with a wave of head pain reminiscent of a migraine. The sensation left as quickly as it came, and PJ had somehow grabbed several velvet jewelry boxes and walked to the exit in the intervening time. "Just t'at'll do fine," he said, "sure ye can handle it by yer little self?"​
Os3M1W1.png

-----
Aureole gave a sneer to the beads. "I fancy quality over the garish, unlike that ... horse," she said, saying the word "horse" as one would say the phrase "yeast infection." "I understand you've got a job to sell, sell, sell like some sort of indentured servant, but please, I ..."

-----
The mushroom caught a look of herself in the mirror and shot her sight straight back down. "I'll pass the word around. In the meantime, money is no object for this project, feel free to use any of my things," - she gestured to a small clutch leaned up against the faucet - "or any of yours to get it done, just make it good."​
xx2lzw0.png

-----
Claudette eagerly followed in the seal's wake. "Aw, toots, you're leavin' me dyin' over here," she playfully swiped, "that's somethin' mysterious-like. So, what's it from? Jilted lover? The fuzz? The world wants to know." As the Stunky lifted her camera once more, she stopped her finger right before she let loose a flash. A look of curiosity spread across her face as a feeling of familiarity pervaded her mind. "Do I knows you? You seem like a ... dame ... famous? A famous dame?"

-----
Out of the corner of Vissi's eye, she caught a glimpse of Lombardi at the edge of the bar snagging her own drink and trying to get rid of a mug lacquered with concern.​
U9EQcpG.png

-----
The projector in the gazebo suddenly lit up and cranked out images of celestial bodies against the trees. The shadows of a bear-like Pokemon disappeared further into the orchard, accompanied by soft humming.​

Last edited:

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
Years

rEjpMLC.png
Ergo

Yes, and how skillfully you've broken through that barrier, too, Cadbury remarked sarcastically in the privacy of his mind. He could only make out the first half of what the Wurmple was trying to say. Outwardly, the butler appeared collected, but inside he cursed his misfortune. These two... He could probably handle these challenging people separately, but together? Together this is just hopeless.

Perhaps he'd have felt a small comfort if he knew his co-workers were going through similarly frustrating circumstances, but for now he couldn't help but wonder why the fates conspired against him. Pairing him with one man who couldn't understand him, and another man who Cadbury himself couldn't understand. And if Jean-Georges couldn't understand Cadbury's perfect English, certainly he wouldn't understand the Wurmple either.

"Ah, oh dear. I'm sorry sir, I don't think Jean-Georges can handle an order quite that… unspecific. As I said, he's but a trainee. I can have someone else--"

Before he could finish his thought, Cadbury caught a glimpse of what Jean-Georges was sketching, and he redirected his attention.

As he was putting the finishing touches on it, Jean-Georges angled his notepad toward the Linoone by his side.

Spoiler:

"But, but how--" Next, a bottle on the Wurmple's table caught Cadbury's eye. It was of the same label exactly. "You--"

The Octillery held an expectant, hopeful gaze on the badger's stunned face, even as the badger's eyes flitted here and there. When that gaze finally settled back on the octopus, he finally got his praise. "Good show, Jean-Georges! That's just what the customer wants, yes! Now, what about the desserts?"

Jean-Georges paused. His smile turned to a stymied frown. He seemed uncertain what to do with that information.

"Hm. I see, words just won't do. You need the visual to copy down, in order to make this work," Cadbury inferred, with a stroke to his chin and his eyes back on the champagne bottle that had just served as a still life model.

"Wait." Cadbury's eyes opened wider, their distinct blues lighting up as inspiration struck. "I think I have it. Yes!" He grabbed hold of any free tentacle the Octillery had (he wasn't picky), and pulled the busboy toward the southern exit with an excited smile. "Come, Jean-Georges, I have just the idea!"

Which of course, left the still-hungry Wurmple to crane his neck after the two. "...Wait, kitchen not in foyer. Hello -- Badger man -- you go wrong way, hello?"

-----

Cadbury's first stop was the host's podium in the Foyer. Inside here, Finer Things stored a collection of menus about Today's Specials, for many different days. Unlike the regular menus, these all had photographs of the dishes, though each one had much less selection. "Pardon me, sir," the badger said to Carmine, kneeling down and reaching past a couple skinny bird legs to get to his prize. Cadbury takes all of them, from all categories: food, drinks, desserts, everything.

He also notices some blank paper sheets of the same size as the menus. Must be for making more of the same. He takes those as well. "Perfect. Now all we'll need is something to bind them together." He rose to his full height again, and you can be sure the bird was relieved to have him out from under there. "Carmine sir, do you happen to have a stapler with you? I'd go to the office, but I can't imagine it's any less locked today than any other day."

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Kp4W9XU.png

-----
"All of the starting prices are fair," the bird allayed, "you will find that the people are keen on keeping the bids within reason. You should have no trouble picking out -"

-----
Carmine squirmed as he felt a bristling on his legs. Looking down from his conversation, he discovered a set of polished claws between his feet. Instinctual surprise caused the Trumbeak to jump on top of the host stand and awkwardly close in on Delmonico's face. Carmine cleared his throat and tried to politely chuckle. "Yes, yes - you will find no trouble finding something - enjoy yourself until the showtime, yes."

-----
Plastered with irritation, he craned his neck behind him to catch the tail end of a request for a stapler from his Rushing and Jet employees. He blinked away his more offensive thoughts and took a deep breath through his nostrils. "I keep a few of the office things underneath the bar - check there, maybe paper clips or what you need - do not bother the owner."

-----
An inkling of intrigue struck the bird once he noticed all the special menus in the badger's hand. "Oh?" he vocalized, "you getting many of the requests for menus? Good news; let me know if anything sells very well."​

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
[CSS-DIV=width: 900px; height: 650px; padding: 30px 30px 10px 30px; background-color: white; color: black; border-color: #C5E1A2; border-style: double; border-width: 5px; border-radius: 10px; font-family: Dosis;]
BAILEY
🐦 • 🐞 • 🐦 • 🐰 • 🐦 • 🐞 • 🐦
Smile, and others will smile back.

📌 II. Beckoning​
As soon as the shivering Ralts beheld the magnificent depiction of a deity among vibrant oils, a piercing pain struck his mind. As he lost himself in the dark pooled blue of the painting's eyes, all peripheral vision vignetted, blurring into black as the white and gold figure seemed to take on an ethereal glow under the lantern light.

An image formed in his mind, taking over his sight as if the canvas before him was now a dim movie screen. Darkened wood and sloshing red liquid. There was a soft whisper in the back of his mind or over his shoulder—he could not tell. It was so faint that he could not discern any other quality to the voice. It merely spoke of floating, passion, poison...

"Just that'll do fine." Bailey snapped back to the reality before him at the sound of PJ's voice. He turned to look at the Spinda, the warm light from his lantern glistening in the thin film of tears that began to form in his eyes. Nevertheless, Bailey's little smile returned to him from the trance.

"Of course I can, Mr. PJ," the small boy said, in response to PJ's concern for carrying the sizeable painting. "I'm Psychic, after all. And if you need any help with what more you're carrying, I can provide!" Though his smile did not widen, his eyes did as he glanced back over his shoulder to the painting. The eyes of the icon filled him with a strange sense. A compulsion.

... What was it that I saw? Is this a painting of the Wishmaker? Did it choose me to do its bidding? Or is some unwelcome Ghost down here, playing a trick on me?

"Mr. PJ," Bailey piped up again. "Will we return down here again, to find more things for the auction?"

"I think what we got now will suit the fancy of that nasty old bird fine," PJ said, reciprocating the child's smirk. "There's only so many tables, you see."

The panda adjusted his handle on the boxes. "But, lad - that was me talking just then - so if you think you could pinch a few more pennies out of these rich sods with the crap we got here, feel free to come back down. Can't say I will; this fellow got some more cleaning to do."

With a "Yes sir," Bailey gave a quick nod before returning to face the oil painting. As he gazed on, he began to collect a greater sense of composure while he focused a power through his horns. He did not sense any trace of intense regret or disdain in the room, as he assumed the tone of the mysterious whisper to be, by its strange message. He only felt the faint contentedness of PJ nearby. As a pink lining aura encased his horns and similarly the entire painting, the tall and daunting image lifted with surprising ease. The weight of the wood-backed canvas was no more than a two lanterns, perhaps. Holding his own still, Bailey watched his step on the frosted floor as he led himself out of the Cold Storage.

As he followed PJ across the dirt floor of the Wine Cellar, back through the dark labyrinth, the Ralts made a note of what his light passed over: the red wines and wood racks. Again, he felt the desire to act, though he repressed it. Upon setting down and extinguishing their oil lamps by the door of the Cellar, the two Pokemon made their way up the stairs and into Dining. Bailey caught sight of a camera-strapped Stunky scuttle by after a Finer Things–stripe-cuffed Primarina at the bar. The dolled up seal, he recognized, was his co-worker Vissi D'Arte. Passing the bar and headed toward the front of the dining area after an unconcerned PJ, Bailey could sense the bulwark of indignation that radiated off of Vissi.

I'll visit her on my way back to the Cellar after the auction is set, he thought. After all, everyone deserves a smile.

Warmed by his own thought and the delightful temperature of the room, another thought crossed his mind. As he watched PJ set down the precious items he carried onto a reserved dining table, Bailey took a peek behind the painting he levitated in front of him, looking for any writing or abnormality of note.​
STATUS
ralts.png
[/CSS-DIV]​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 28, 2018

D A I Q U I R I
"Fix you up that I-no-longer-look-myself-in-the-public-bathroom-mirror-and-cry realness"
THE SALAZZLE

MISSION: Bathroom Attendant || ICON: Bringin' home the Bacon || EARNED: $0
----
"Ok, ok," Daiquiri waived, nodding as her wig slipped little out of place again. A quick nudge from her long, flexible tail corrected that as she tossed aside the used wet wipe, and touched her thumb and index fingers together like a frame. The Shiinotic's face in her sights, she pictured the pallid, brown-tinged skin as a blank canvas - if a little wrinkled. She hummed a bit, thinking to herself before grinning. "You're gonna zoot, I promise."

----
After patting the Illuminating Pokemon dry with the seared-edged towel, she opened up her personal compact and got to work. As she carefully picked up which brushes and what pencils to use, she pulled up from her memory bank all the makeup advice she read in her magazines on what types would show best on the fungus' dry skin. In her head, she could see herself flipping through the pages of the designer book she had memorized down to the word over the years. She could see the creatures she had been told were called humans, poised in different cuts of cloth, their hair vibrant shapes and colors, their faces unblemished and decorated like fine art. Colors swirled about in her head, and she had to pick ones she felt best complimented the Shiinotic and her look.

----
Her compact snapped shut. After brushing and dusting for a few minutes in silent concentration, Daiquiri jumped up from her squat, snatching up her patient by the shoulders and whirling her around to face the bathroom mirror. "OOH," she shouted with bright eyes, "SHUGS, YOU BETTER SHUT UP!"

RWryc8V.png

The lizard slithered her head right up beside the done-up face of the guest, and she snorted out a satisfied puff of smoke. "Yeah," she whispered, "shut up. Because you out here lookin' fresh like the morning just rained. I mean can we PLEASE?" As she backed off, she slapped her hands on her hips and rocked back on her heels. "Look at that color! I mean, I had to call back to your roots,
I mean literally, what a coinkydink that the green I got on my eyes is pretty much like the green on your fingers! You're a glowing 'shroom, and ya still got some of that shine in that skin, so I had to compliment that."

----
Taking a hand off her hip and slapping onto the sink counter, she jumped right up on it, slamming her butt down and making sure her tail had enough space to wrap around her side and hang off the edge without breaking anything - luckily it didn't. "Also," she said, kicking her dangling legs back and forth as she pulled out a nail file from her pocket, "I noticed that you have these gorgeous stones on you? Wow, it's like looking into, like... like a flaming black... ocean? With some green and purple chunks in it? Whatever, I don't slam poetry." She snorted and started filing at the scaly skin on the tips of her fingers. "Back to Earth, I looked at that and I was like, oh, black, okay, well, I could match that. But my black is like super black, so that was a no go, you woulda looked like somebody drew on you with marker."

----
"Instead," she chirped, "I took a dark brown that I forgot I actually had on me cuz my girl Queenie left it in my pocket the other night and my skin clearly don't work brown, but anyway, yours does. So I did you up with a blend of her liner and my green shadow, keeping it simple on the face, and I did a little design on ya. A good one, like, I was inspired by this one Vivillion I saw in a book some time ago and so I was like, let's round out them shapes so it still keeps to the shape of your deep dark eye holes aaaaand look at that cute thing I did with like the feelers on you!" Daquiri pointed her nail file at the marks right above the Shiinotic's eyes. "They look like eyebrows! I drew them where your brows should be anyway, I think I felt them ridges there. But you look soooo hip! Don't you think?"

POST No. 5 || Previous - Next || DIRECTORY: 1 2 3 4

Last edited:

Ihsaan

shinigami of the alfheim
Years

/**
* BUN T
* TIME: 7:10 PM
* SEASONING: NULL
* UTENSILS: NULL
* CHARGE: UNLIMITED POWER
* MISSION: "Find a device and/or the heirloom."
* PREVIOUS POST
* NEXT POST
/**
rotom-fan.png
I GUESS I'M A BONAFIDE FILM STAR NOW.
Bun T just wants to find the damn heirloom.

YES, YES, IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW. THIS WATER LEAKAGE WAS NOT AN ACCIDENT. IT WAS ALL ORCHESTRATED BY THE WILY AND RESOURCEFUL PRG. THEY WISH TO PLACE ME IN A COMPROMISING POSITION AND THEN THEY WILL COME AND SAVE ME. I SAY SAVE AS SARCASTICALLY AS POSSIBLE, FOR REFERENCE. WHY, I OUGHT TO GIVE THEM A PIECE OF MY-

CLICK

A bright light suddenly shone through the leaves of the plentiful berry orchards, casting a soft shadow of several leaves and breaking B.T's train of thought. His initial annoyance turned into glee as he came face to face with his salvation. The once ordinary Aspear tree, appeared divine to the dizzy Rotom. It's red leaves were highlighted by the bright constellation shapes of the now activated projector. If he had been fully charged, Bun would have been suspicious of the device suddenly turning on by itself. At that time, however, his mind was similar to a Pokemon suffering withdrawals from Vitamins - he just wanted, no needed more charge.

His amorphous body slipped through the spaces between the leaves and into the projector. This was not the first time he inhabited this piece of machinery, in fact, he was the one that helped Carmine create those images. He beat himself a little up for not possessing it before it turned on-

STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID HOW COULD I FORGET STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID-

When inside a device not connected to a power source, a Rotom's energy slowly drains. Possessing something that was connected to a large power source, on the other hand, had no such issues. It was also extremely exhilarating.

LAUGH. YELL. LAUGH. YELL. HAPPY HAPPY.

A red color slowly took over the metallic gray of the projector. The white light was soon replaced by a flickering bright blue and the constellation disappeared in favor for the much more intimidating visage of B.T.

OH YES. THE ONE DOWNSIDE TO THIS MACHINE IS THAT I HAVE TO STARE INTO MY EYES. THIS MUST BE HOW PEOPLE FEEL WHEN THEY CONVERSE WITH ME. THIS WILL NOT DO I MUST FIND THAT ACCURSED HEIRLOOM

He concentrated, and slowly the features of B.T's face ebbed away leaving a bright blue square in its stead. He began to slowly increase the size of this square until it was just bright enough. Using this pseudo-searchlight he scanned the grassy terrain for the gleam of metal.

I HOPE THIS DOESN'T TAKE TOO LONG. I WOULDN'T WANT TO MISS SERVICE.

Last edited:

Afterglow Ampharos

Years

oM4Heod.png
Garoto

The Linoone made the shrewd decision not to correct Carmine on the menus' purpose. He stayed quiet -- aside from a thank-you regarding the office supplies. It's not that he imagined the bird wouldn't approve of his use of them, he just didn't want to be seen as wasting time and resources.

Okay, perhaps he wouldn't approve, Cadbury admitted to himself as he made tracks back toward the bar.

Bringing Jean-Georges along with him, Cadbury slipped behind the bar and bent down to search under the counter. An upturned silky tail prompted the octopus to avert his gaze elsewhere. Moving aside a wastebasket of ancient receipts, Cadbury found his prize. A few staples later, the Linoone had fixed the blank menu sheets together into a new folding booklet. "Here we are. A blank slate of culinary choice."

Wait, who was he trying to impress? Jean-Georges wouldn't understand his sonnets. After a brief shake of his head, Cadbury looked to the cephalopod again. "Where do you like to do your drawing, Jean-Georges?"

He turned his head to follow the point of an extended tentacle. Near the doors to the kitchen, behind this very bar. "Very good." Scooting over to the Artist's Nook, Cadbury folded the blank menu to the front cover, and gave it an official title with his own personal penmanship.

Jean-Georges' Illustrated Menu

Cadbury opened a normal menu to its first page, finding the first thing listed under the first heading: Appetizers. The first item was Charcuterie, which the butler knew to mean a platter of meats, served with bread, pickles, mustard, grapes… Well, it looked much fancier than it sounded, that's for certain. He paged through the Specials menus to find a photograph of it, and located what he was looking for in Tuesday's specials menu.

Spoiler:

Spreading the Special menu open on the countertop to that page, and spreading the blank menu open to its first page, Cadbury tapped a claw on the image of the meats platter, then moved his claw to tap the top-left section of the blank menu's first page. "Draw~" he commanded with a smile and a sweeping arm gesture, unleashing the Octillery on the one task he could be most entrusted with.

He helped the Octillery and his many tentacles get situated onto a stool, and soon Jean-Georges was bent over his work, pen in hand. Well, not "hand."

As the sketch took form, Cadbury prepared the next menu item falling just below Charcuterie. Arugula Salad with Prosciutto, Oyster, and Mushrooms. It took some leafing through to find that one's photograph, stashed away in Saturday's Specials.

A burbling sound drew Cadbury's attention back to the Octillery and his project. It was the badger's pleasure to behold a wonderfully rendered sketch of the meats platter, the first entry in his own personalized menu. Cadbury praised him on a job well done, and showed him the next dish's photograph, tapping a claw at the empty space below the Charcuterie sketch, and letting Jean-Georges set to work again.

Spoiler:

He made a point of not adding any further text besides the title. He planned exclusively around Jean-Georges' weaknesses and only on his strong suit: if a customer wanted a dish, they could simply point to the drawing of it, something that the Octillery could understand and even relay in kind to the chef. Words would be entirely removed from the process of ordering.

Last edited:

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018

Dinner For Two
Ech and Kiyo

Surströmming

IV

-----
Vissi happened to spot a certain Typhlosion idling on the other end of the bar: the very sight aggravated her brewing troubles and caused her stomach to churn its contents. She withdrew her gaze as a futile endeavor to prevent an encounter, silently praying that the chef was too busy drowning in her own personal indulgences to give notice of her surroundings. Realizing this was a predicament, Vissi thought it was best to quietly return back to her duties. However, her efforts were sideswiped when that pesky skunk crept up behind her with an obnoxious greeting and camera poised as if it were a lethal weapon as opposed to a simple apparatus. Flustered, the Soloist Pokémon exchanged a grimace with a pint-sized grin.
-----
" What's all this bunkum you're spewing out your rank rear? Clearly you've mistaken me for someone else, " Vissi whispered, being punctilious about her volume as not to cause a scene, " and please get that blasted thing out of my face. "
-----
Before Vissi could stand to properly shoo away the stringer, she was assaulted by a blinding flash followed by the sound of a crunching snap. She flinched from the ambush, and while she was left staggered, Vissi could hear the skunk snickering out an enticing quip, " Ya know, if ya give me an ex-clu-sive on whoever ya got writin' letters to ya, I'll paint ya up all damsel-like. All good exposure, get that sympathy vote. "
-----
" Why, you--! Letters? Damsel? Me, a damsel? " she leaked out a scoff, taking that as a presumptuous slight.
-----
Once her vision returned, Vissi flew off her seat and lightly jostled this whiskered critter away with a wrathful leer. Vissi threw out a couple worried glances back at Lombardi for precaution before lowering herself to meet the Stunky on her level. " Now, listen to me, you vexatious little vixen! " she gritted her teeth as if trying to inhibit her ire, " I don't know who you think I am, but if you're going to continue harassing me like this in public, I'm going to-- "
-----
" Shush, shush, shush, " the Stunky wagged a paw disruptively at the seal, " listen baby, I ain't here to assassinate ya character. Ya seem like a sweetheart 'with a bad past' ... that's just ... alluring, that's news, hon! Ya could be a star. "
-----
" I'm just little ol' Vissi, " she instinctively corrected the reporter before slapping a fin over her snout. She realized her error and felt abashed over falling for this gambit, exposing her identity to this scribe who bared devilry through her growing grin. She took in a deep breath, inadvertently soaking in a whiff of the Poison-type's queer scent and sampling what was presumably her perfume. " Look, I'm just a waitress who really needs to get back to work before I get into trouble, " she adamantly assured, " so how about you stand aside, and hand over that camera? I don't appreciate strangers sharing pictures of me. "
-----
Vissi held out her fin as a plea, but the musky mammal slyly hid her instrument behind her to protect it from the seal's clutches. " Nah, toots, ain't that easy, " she tutted, taunting Vissi in her moment of defeat, " ya got goods to cough up. Just gimme a chaaaaance. "
-----
Vissi scowled at the skunk with her face flushed with visceral emotion. It was clear she was ensnared by this nosy journalist; retreat felt impossible. Her mind ran through numerous schemes that would allow her to conclude this unwanted interchange and pry that device out of those tiny paws. After expending a moment to regain composure, Vissi straightened her posture and returned the persistent Poison-type with a simper from above. " You know what? Fine, " she feigned a sheepish tone with a titter, " I feel I should reward you for your tenacity! After all, nobody here has given me any attention! " Vissi had vented her own underlying frustrations, feeling comfortable she was doing it under a charade.
-----
The skunk bit her lip anticipation. " Now ya speakin' my language! "
-----
" But-- ! " she interjected, " I would be far more comfortable if we fraternized elsewhere - somewhere private - perhaps the ladies' room? I don't want my prudish manager to think I'm openly shirking work to frolic with patrons. "
-----
" Cer-tain-ly, lady. I get it, the coy act and all. Let's hop to it! "
-----
Vissi cued the Stunky with a graceful flicker of her tail, and her beckoning padded with a seductive flair. She pivoted, slithering across the floor towards the lavatories, with her company eagerly scampering behind. Oddly, Vissi realized that this was the first time she felt confident and reassured for this night, despite her little scrape. But there was no need to make compromise for this paparazzo's sake; there was a plenitude of water in the washroom.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
KHgTa1v.png

-----
While giving a squint into the splinter-infested texture of the structural planks, a lurking suspicion crawled into Bailey's mind as he noticed that the scratches imprinted on their surface looked as if they were caused by frantic, ferocious paws.

-----
"T'ey say fine art makes ye go blind," PJ jabbed, suddenly appearing next to the boy with a clipboard and pen, "I wonder if t'at applies when it's beat t'nobody's-business?" The Spinda gave a brief, low chuckle and scribbled down a starting price of eight-hundred-and-thirty dollars. "Set it down t'ere on t'stand, boyo."

-----
Once the presentation of the painting was taken care of, the janitor unclipped the sheet of paper he was writing on, placed it next to the piece, and gave the clipboard of similarly-formatted blank documents to the Ralts. "Mr. Ruffled-Feat'ers needs ye t'make starting prices and put one of t'ese here papers next t'ev'ry ol' t'ing. Walk around and be sure all t'baubles get at least one bid: t'gents and ladies write down higher and higher costs, and t'at's ... well, I'm sure ye know all t'is, yer a smart tyke. Just be yer cute little self and sell."

-----
PJ offered a warm smile. "Now, if yer all good, wee one; I should be off."​
Os3M1W1.png

-----
Aureole almost couldn't help touching the new pair of insectile wings drawn on her face. She wasn't sure exactly what she felt: the look was expertly crafted and its colors paired beautifully with the pale white of her aging skin, but it was so ostentatious - so "out there" - that she wasn't absolutely sure if the design would net her envy or make her look foolish. There was a second of passionate hate for even letting herself get this stupidly insecure, for even coming to the Ball in the first place, until a wave of astonishment flooded her senses and eased her mind into a sea of simplicity. She looked at herself, and for the first time in a long time, she felt daring. Like she was having a real moment in time, and she existed somewhere besides her head.

-----
She nodded at the artist beside her. "This is marvelous," she commented, "truly impeccable, thank you. You've done far better than expected." The Shiinotic quickly snagged her clutch and dug into her cash. "Please accept this: those slobs out there wouldn't pay half as much for work twice as good, so consider this a contribution to you getting the hell out of here and doing something important with your life."

-
Obtained $ 20

-----
Just as Qui-Qui took a firm hold on the bill, a blinding white light encompassed her vision.​
U9EQcpG.png

-----
The searchlight glinted off the metallic sheen of something buried between two unassuming vegetables. The object was easily identified as a pen - an odd item to find within a garden, in of itself - but its reveal came second in fame as the light had revealed something far more curious: a path of small, muddy footprints that haphazardly trekked through the orchard and towards a window of the restaurant before vanishing.​
Kp4W9XU.png

-----
Jean-Georges excitedly drew everything the Linoone pointed to, wrapped in intrigue over how effortlessly his companion deciphered the sheets and tomes. The language of the land-dwellers was so multi-faceted, so alien to the Octillery: lines of weird repetitive shapes corresponded to strings of sounds, which then connected to foods he'd seen come out of the kitchen. It was madness, and not the good kind. A certain warmth of appreciation filled the octopus' three hearts once he had finished sketching everything on the appetizers menu.

-----
Breaking pattern, he lifted a tentacle to stay the badger as he plucked the lid off a coffee can stashed under the bar with another and produced one of the green rectangles that his boss occasionally gave him. Jean-Georges knew this was some form of recompense between the unseaworthy, and finding no use for paper that he couldn't draw on, he slipped the bill into one of Cadbury's interior coat pockets.

-
Obtained $ 15

-----
A loud chorus of lip-smacks drifted towards the bar. "Mmm, mmm, ooo, what tasty wine I am no drinking. I am overjoy." The source, an acerbic Wurmple sitting slouched at a table with a dwindling plate of cheese and crackers, set his glass down and jostled his eyesight to-and-from all locations but the bar. "Surely, I am bless to be guest at such fine place."​
xx2lzw0.png

-----
Vissi extended her politeness by opening the bathroom door for Claudette, but before the seal could enter herself, a sea of blinding white light burst forth in front of her. The skunk lowered her camera to take in a view of what she just captured: a dried-up, dolled-up granny and her equally gussied-up friend exchanging money. "What's this, friends?" the reporter chimed, "somethin' I shouldn't know about?"​
lxML08N.png

Spoiler:
-
The Guest List. Head to the (OOC) to interrogate our new subject, Jean-Georges!

It is now 7:20 PM

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 28, 2018

D A I Q U I R I
"Stank rode up in the bathroom"
THE SALAZZLE

MISSION: Bathroom Attendant || ICON: Bringin' home the Bacon || EARNED: $20
----
The Salazzle's eyes widened as she gazed down at her first bit of green for the night. Unfortunately, those wide eyes made it that much easier to suck in that flash of white light right up into her pupils.

----
"WHAT-" She whipped right around with a shout and polkadots in her eyes, come to find - who else but - Vissi the Primarina in the doorway - and the actual culprit, a pants-clad Stunky with a huge camera, slipping a cheeky quip. Daquiri quickly stuffed her tip into her pocket and then stormed over to the stringer, her hands on her hips as her tail trailed behind her with some restless twitches.

----
"Uh-uh. Now I know you ain't got a camera up in the bathroom, pipsqueak. Ooh, oooh!" The lizard bobbed her head and worked her neck as she talked, eyes still wide, but now out of irritation as she beamed an incredulous look down her snout. "What you tryna take shots in here for? You better hitch it to some kinda seedy joint if you lookin' for that. Pokes in here tryna do two things and they keep that in the stalls. Now you gonna give me that camera before I take it. And if you wanna fight about it, I'll break it."

----
She crossed her hands over her chest and looked back at Aureole, mumbling, "Pokes ain't got no decency," with a shake of her head before looking back over to Vissi.

----
"And you," she started, addressing her elder co-worker with no special treatment, "What you tryna do, comin' in here with this stunt runt? It's the ladies room. Hello? No men allowed? I'm trippin', ya'll a hot mess. This some triflin' scandal."

POST No. 6 || Previous - Next || DIRECTORY: 1 2 3 4 5

Last edited:

Afterglow Ampharos

Years

oM4Heod.png
Pure Class

Jean-Georges was doing quite well with this new menu all his own, written in his own language. A proud smile crossed Cadbury's face: proud of Jean-Georges' excellent work, and proud that the two of them (mostly himself) had come up with a workaround as elegant and creative as this.

Well, it was only "creative" because the octopus is such a good artist, but still.

Cadbury moved on to the next section of the normal menu, now that Jean-Georges had mastered the appetizers. A discreet, sneaky tentacle slipped up inside his waiter's jacket and deposited a prize, of which the badger remained none the wiser. Probably for the best that he didn't notice. Especially given the shiver-inducing sensation a tentacle under one's clothing would usually induce, if it had made contact with his fur.

What he does notice is a nearby voice, projecting itself just a little too much to be truly speaking to itself. Badger ears perked up, and one of them swiveled toward the Wurmple just before Cadbury's neck followed suit.

"Mmm, mmm, ooo, what tasty wine I am no drinking. I am overjoy. Surely, I am bless to be guest at such fine place."

Cadbury's ears tucked back, and his lips pulled back in a guilty frown. At a less leisurely pace, he opened several different Specials menus to the appropriate pages and directed Jean-Georges attention to a few different dishes of the Vegetarian variety, which would be the next section of the menu. He tapped the next blank spaces in the Illustrated Menu after flipping the page. "Keep drawing, Jean-Georges, I'll be back soon."

With that, he slipped into the kitchen, asking the kitchen staff there for a few different dessert dishes -- nothing specific -- then moving to the wine rack. Luckily, seeing Jean-Georges' sketch of Morimoto's wine of choice had solidified it in his memory. He picked out the bottle of matching label, and coupled it on a tray with the desserts which the helpful kitchen staff had prepared. Thanking the group, he balanced the tray on his claws by its center, and stepped out into the Dining Room again. He'll take this one for the trainee, especially since it's an overdue order, and the cephalopod is still preparing his custom menu.

"Very sorry for the wait, sir," Cadbury said as he arrived at Morimoto's table, lowering the tray. "I took the liberty of bringing you our richest dessert dishes." Which he had not, these were just whatever could be whipped up quickly or was already prepared in the kitchen.

"Here we have our Vanilla Bean Cheesecake," he introduced, placing the first plate in front of Morimoto. "Our Skillet Brownie. Our Pumpkin Scone. And our Black Mousse Cake," he continued, placing the four dishes in a diamond pattern in front of the Very Hungry Caterpillar. "And of course, another bottle of wine for the gentleman. Would you like me to pour you a glass, or leave the bottle here, sir?"

Last edited:

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018

Today's Special
Meaty Mushroom

V

-----
The seal trailed after the Stunky, throwing back a series of shrewd peeps to ensure no one was shadowing the pair; she was especially anxious over Lombardi, whose presence was likened to an Electrode that could explode at any moment. But for all her prudence, Vissi callously failed to consider the possibility of the lavatories already being peopled. Commotion erupted the moment Vissi closed the door behind her. Feeling languished at this point, she joined her pint-sized acquaintance in hopes of resolving her own predicament as quickly as possible so she can get back to work. Steadily, Vissi began to see the potential appeal of all the banal chaos locked within the Coat Check and actually regretted abandoning her work station in the first place.
-----
Upon entering, Vissi took notice of her fiery peer, Daiquiri, who stuffed away something of value into her coat. The seal was immediately curbed by a squabble ignited between Daiquiri and the other poisonous Pokémon. It was apparent her coworker was the aggressor in this rumpus but the stringer was the one who instigated this whole drama. Does this slattern have a propensity to steal pictures of others, Vissi wondered. She shared some empathy with the Salazzle's frustration, as the two of them had a common disdain for that camera. Vissi never anticipated she would relate to someone of such queer tastes in fashion, though she once recalled a passage that translated 'war makes strange bedfellows', and the current development may be reflecting some truth off that phrase. The wiles of having her scaled colleague break into a tussle in her efforts to annihilate the newshound's device was an propitious amusement.
-----
When the Toxic Lizard accosted Vissi with a demand for an explanation, her thoughts were rinsed by a jolt when this queerly dressed presumptuously accused the newshound as male. A man? She pondered for a moment, though her dubiety over this newly arose conundrum subsided after she realized there were more urgent matters to attend to.
-----
" Never mind that, we were just-- " she paused as her eyes caught a figure lurking behind the Salazzle, seemingly hushed in the background. Cringing at the sight of a shriveled up Shiiontic, she quavered, " W-what in thunderation happened to that lady's face?! " Her voice was mixed with both concern and curiosity. Vissi winced away from the wrinkly cap which induced shudders into her bones and instilled a terrifying urge for her to scratch them out from existence. She turned to the counter to reciprocate but then noticed a glass bowl filled with gems. There was also what looked like a piece of serviette, with a description and numbers sprawled onto it in blue.
-----
" What... what are these? " she inquired out of genuine interest rather than interrogation. She noted the money Daiquiri deposited into her garments and accidentally blurted out with a deadpan tone, " Did I just stumble into some sort of illicit extortion here? "

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
[CSS-DIV=width: 900px; height: 650px; padding: 30px 30px 10px 30px; background-color: white; color: black; border-color: #C5E1A2; border-style: double; border-width: 5px; border-radius: 10px; font-family: Dosis;]
BAILEY
🐦 • 🐞 • 🐦 • 🐰 • 🐦 • 🐞 • 🐦

📌 III. Art​
The little Ralts gave one solid blink at PJ the Spinda, the Pokemon's teasing still a drawl through his head:

"Fine art makes you go blind."

Bailey concluded he had never heard that before, though he figured it was superstitious—and he was not a superstitious young 'mon. As he looked at the enumerable knicks and cuts layered over each other in various directions on the painting's wood frame, he wondered why. Why scratch at this frame for such a pretty painting? Upon his inspection the marks looked deep, and where cuts in the wood crossed, pieces threatened to fall out.

It looks like someone was clawing this to break it as best they could. But why didn't they? Why attack the frame and not the painting?

Why have I sunk to a place so low?

A cold shiver trickled down his spine, a strange sense of invigoration yet again washing over him. He carefully set the painting on the stand PJ set aside for it before asking the tan bear, "I never heard that before, Mr. PJ! How can pretty art like this make you blind?" He gave out a warm smile as he stared intrigued into the the custodian's swirling eyes.

"Hm, I t'ink it has something to do with not being able to see past yer imagination," the Spinda contemplated, "or the artist is blocking ye from seeing anything but their own view of the world?" The janitor thoughtfully sighed. "Rather pessimistic, t'at."

"Don't be down, Mr. PJ! I think that's thoughtful critique!" Bailey nodded at that and stepped up to pluck the offered clipboard and pen from PJ's paws. "I'm going to go back down to Cold Storage and get a few more things for the silent auction. We'll make more profit and clear up more space down there for the stuff that's supposed to belong," he enthusiastically chirped. "I'll take it from here, Mr. PJ! Thanks for your help!"

"A'course, lad!" PJ tussled the Ralts' hair affectionately before he stood back up from the kneel he had assumed - verbalizing the ache and age in his knees doing so - and gave an earnest smile before trotting off in that seemingly aimless way of his.

Watching the Pokemon wander off, the neutral emotion near went with the panda as some other intangible feeling permeated the Ralts' horn. Bailey hugged the over-sized clipboard and its pen to his chest as his eyes quickly glanced back to the bar, at first thinking Vissi's strong emotion from before shifted now with the situation. As he soon saw though, Vissi was nowhere to be seen, and while Cadbury had just left with a platter of stock-prepared dessert and drink for another table, on the far end of the bar was Chef Lombardi. The Typhlosion sat, sipping a drink with a distant look on her face. The aura emitting from the bar was a strong one of anticipation, he figured from the idle head chef. He made mental note of this as he trotted his way over to the Coat Check.

As he left the Dining Area and was about to cross the Foyer, he saw Carmine in the middle of cordially consorting with a few guests, standing taut behind the podium. Bailey wordlessly pardoned himself between parties as he reached the Coat Check, being sure that his clipboard covered up the bow tie that was comically large about his neck. He didn't want to be mistaken for the employee who was supposed to receive guest's coats, as company resorted to helping themselves while the Maitre D' intentionally kept himself busy.

Standing on a cushioned bench beside the coat rack and reaching on his tippy toes, he stretched his palm into a little purple robe with a yellow, starry pattern. Taking a quick look around as a Kabutops in what he thought was an unfitting flowing dress paced by, he took the opportunity while no one else paid attention to him and picked the pocket, stuffing the little bauble into the wrap of his bow tie. Making sure it looked out of sight nestled in, he hopped off and looked once more over at Carmine, who had just finished his long-winded, obsequious welcome with a party of clientele.

"Mr. Carmine," Bailey piped up as he scampered over to the Trumbeak before another wave of guests could come. He was quick with his words, trying to get out what he wanted to say without the captious bird interrupting with a dismissal—as Carmine was wont to do. "I'm about to start the auction, I thought to tell you! I also saw that no employee is at the Coat Check and the dinner service is slow. Did you tell Ms. Vissi and Chef Lombardi to take a break for drinks at the bar?" He kept a tone of inquisitive concern as his eyes glinted in the overhead light.​
STATUS
ralts.png
[/CSS-DIV]​

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Os3M1W1.png
-
xx2lzw0.png

-----
The attendant had failed to incite fear in Claudette. After all: this was not the first time someone had gotten up in her face and blurted out threats to her well-being. She would've chuckled had she no sense of self-preservation, so instead she opted for an incredulous grin as the girl ranted off about breaking her camera and other such nonsense. "Ya wouldn't be puttin' up so much fuss if y'all weren't doin' anythin' skeevy," she humbly replied.

-----
When the waiter turned her back to mumble indecencies, the Stunky slipped from her position to a spot next to the dolled-up Shiinotic and gave a thorough skimming of the vibrant colors and lines decorating the mushroom's face. "So what's with the get-up, doll?" she spat as her reptilian assailant shifted her aggression to her co-worker.

-----
Aureole had a sampling of Daiquiri's frustration, but found herself too old and tired to give the silent treatment or come up with her own barrage of insults. On the contrary, she was still riding on a wave of levity, so she smirked indignantly at the short, round skunk and adopted a tone of condescension. "It seems you've stumbled upon something worth your readers' time," she said, "I was just about to showcase this lovely design by our local artist over here."

-----
"Ooo," Claudette hummed, two-thirds intrigued by the lead and one-third disappointed that her initial presumptions of a niche elderly escort service were dispelled, "I like that - feel-good, ya know? - filler to detox on after a big front-page scoop."

-----
The Illuminating Pokémon's eyes lowered in muted disgust as she watched the reporter park her camera beside her in favor of taking down unintelligible notes on a notepad she withdrew from a pants pocket. "Yes ..." she droned, "celebrating innovation, glad to see that's finally getting off the back-burner."

-----
"W-what in thunderation happened to that lady's face?!" came a yelp of terror from the overgrown seal standing near the doorway. She gave a shudder of repulsion before suddenly pouncing on theories of illicit crystal sales, apparently content on not having her previous question answered. While Claudette perked up with enthusiastic curiosity to the claim, it became increasingly evident to Aureole that the Primarina was putting on a show for the paparazzo: the waiter definitely gave off a "wannabe" vibe with the dissonance between her staff attire and her glamorous features.

-----
The mushroom came to the decision that she wasn't needed to mediate the situation; after all, the Salazzle had proven she was completely capable of handling herself with that last outburst. She grabbed her clutch and threw her head back in purposeful pretentiousness as she strolled by the scene. "Carmine is like most upper-crust biddies; all about little shiny things," she mentioned, "I saw him set them out here. Frankly, twenty-five dollars is a bit steep for my blood, but I guess that's the price you pay for keeping up with the current palate of refined tastes." She stopped right next to Vissi and glanced up and down her figure. "Not that you would know such matters."

-----
With a quick, secret wink to Qui-Qui, Aureole re-entered the Ball to the sound of one of her book club members gasping in delight over her new look.​
Kp4W9XU.png

-----
"Pour glass, please," the Wurmple gently commanded, eerily calm. He intently watched the badger fill his flute full of freshly popped champagne and picked it up carefully with a couple of his sticky front legs to enjoy the refreshing, sweet tickle of his first sip.

-----
Unfortunately for his taste buds, the worm found it necessary to immediately sputter the liquid all over Cadbury in a hard spray to accentuate his displeasure. Before the Linoone could recover, Morimoto snatched the bottle from his grasp and tossed a crumpled-up bill into his face.

-----
"Now get hell out of sight," the designer muttered.

-
Obtained $ 5
KHgTa1v.png

-----
Bailey was lucky that his childish voice rang out clear against the low, deep ramblings of the adult clientele, else Carmine would all but forget about his existence: even now, the bird had to consciously remind himself to look down after a moment of confusion in regards to where he was being addressed from. He reflected, as he always did when Bailey appeared, how odd of a choice it was to hire someone barely out of infancy; but the Ralts had never showed anything other than attentiveness.

-----
The Trumbeak tutted with dubiety as he contemplated the psychic's words. "It is odd you say that about Ms. Vissi," he remarked, "I have been hearing the bangs and the booms from that room since I set her on it." Carmine, eager to attend to other matters now that there was a lull in receiving guests, mentally brushed aside the business. "Perhaps you just did not see her - there are many, many coats in there - I understand. And the chef is doing important work ... or so I have been told."

-----
He closed the ledger he was consulting and hopped off the stand. "Besides, they know better than to take the drinks from the bar, no?"

-----
"Mr. Carmine," Bailey started, his smile faltering for some semblance of concern. "I wouldn't lie to you or feel the need to 'tattle' on my co-workers! But I saw with my own two eyes Ms. Vissi and Chef Lombardi at the bar! I would say ask Mr. Cadbury, but he was very busy writing with Mr. Jean-Georges and serving a guest a whole platter of ready-prep desserts!" Bailey hurriedly followed with another line so as not to seem rambling. "I only say this so you know how everything's going right now! It's hard to keep tabs as Maitre D' when you're busy receiving all our fine guests!"

-----
His boss humphed in dry fascination. "That is curious, yes," the woodpecker said, partly speaking to himself. After silently coming to a conclusion in his mind, Carmine nodded to the Ralts. "Thank you for the information, Mr. Bailey. You may return to your duties now."

-
Carmine takes note of your excellent reporting abilities.

Afterglow Ampharos

Years

ok4us40.png
Something Happens!

In a snap, the Linoone went from a small smile of watching a customer enjoy their drink, to an expression of shock, his arms pulling wide and his body jerking back from the projectile droplets. The cloud enveloped him nonetheless, each speck quick to cling to his fur or soak into his clothing.

And as he stood there, arms wide and snout pointed down at his clothes, a crumpled note of currency bounced off his nose. Some form of insult under the guise of payment.

But why? Cadbury knew the caterpillar was enjoying the wine. He enjoyed it enough to order a second drink of it. Was it an insult at his service?

"Now get hell out of sight," the designer muttered, bringing Cadbury out of his state of disbelief. He shifted his stature back to how it had been previously, and cast a glance about the premises to check who had noticed churlish display. Just his luck -- Carmine was occupied in a conversation with the Ralts boy. He glanced toward the bar next. Surely the head chef had been a witness. Cadbury suspected someone like her would not be so quick to let off a customer with such conduct.

A quick glance between the two was enough to communicate that she had indeed seen. It wasn't Cadbury's place to reprimand a customer for behaviour, but from previous interactions, he knew Lombardi not to be the type to let things go quietly. Perhaps he wouldn't need to.

It all happened in the span of just a moment. Then, the butler was back to his professional demeanour.

"Of course." He leaned in with something of a bow, his necktie hanging forward. As casually as he'd poured the wine, the Linoone wrung out his necktie with a twist of both paws, draining its liquid into Morimoto's wine glass.

"Enjoy your wine, sir."

oxRxr06.png

He left the table and returned to the space behind the bar, a weary look in his eyes to match his slightly soggy appearance. "How are the drawings coming, Jean-Georges?" he asked, checking in on the artist. Barring any complications with the Illustrated Menu plan, Cadbury directed the octopus on which photographs to copy down in sketch form on the next section of the menu. "Draw those next, yes? I'm going to clean myself up. Excuse me."

With that, the badger beelined for the men's restrooms, pushing open the door and moving to the sink and mirror on the furthest end of the room. After assessing the damage in his reflection, he began to strip out of his uniform, piece by piece. Even if it was only a three-article ensemble.

His fur would need a good grooming as well, though he should be quick so he can return to his trainee.

Last edited:

Ihsaan

shinigami of the alfheim
Years

/**
* BUN T
* TIME: 7:20 PM
* SEASONING: OMINOUS
* UTENSILS: NULL
* CHARGE: 100% -> 50%
* MISSION: "Tell Carmine about the prints."
* PREVIOUS POST
* NEXT POST
/**
rotom-fan.png
I HATE THEM BUT I GOTTA DO MY JOB.
Bun T just wants to save his customers.

The Plasma Pokemon almost overloaded the machine on identifying the glint as being the lawyer's missing heirloom. Due to his excitement, the light grew considerably brighter, revealing something that cut through the moment of levity. Muddy footprints; it was bad that an unknown was trespassing the orchard but it was worse considering that the footprints lead inside the store.

"Oh no. This cannot be happening," the Rotom spoke aloud.

Bun was alarmed at this development, as there was a good chance the prints could belong to a feral.

I'VE NEVER MET ONE OF THEM. I BELIEVE ONLY A FEW LIVE IN THE CITY. JASPER TOLD ME THEY WERE DEADLY. DAMN IT. I SHOULD HAVE NOTICED IT. THE GUESTS ARE ANNOYING AND ENTITLED BUT THEY DO NOT DESERVE TO BE HARMED. ALSO, MY FELLOW EMPLOYEES ARE UNAWARE OF THIS BEAST, A SUDDEN ASSAULT WOULD LEAVE THEM DEFENSELESS. I CAN'T LET THEM GET HURT. I WON'T-

He had to inform Carmine as fast as possible. If the beast was truly feral it would be of utmost importance to evacuate the building as fast as possible, lest anyone gets hurt. There were two paths available. The first one was the same route he had already traversed. It was longer and still wet. The second led directly into the store. It also provided a fast road to Carmine. However, it was not proper etiquette to use the door reserved for the customers.

THIS IS AN EMERGENCY. I DON'T THINK THE CUSTOMERS WOULD CARE TOO MUCH AS LONG AS THEY'RE SAFE AND THEIR FRILLS AREN'T DIRTY-

He began brainstorming. Which way would he use? He attempted to run through both scenarios before attempting either one of them when suddenly he felt a tug towards the store. Closing his eyes, he saw the familiar geometrical lines glowing a bright blue. They appeared from his projector body. These lines were the several connecting wires of 'Finer Things'. B.T was able to visualize this as a benefit of being inside a device connected to the premises' source of power. He was aware of this capability of his but had forgotten in the heat of the moment. Memories began flooding back-

~1 Year Ago~

"Honey, even though you're one special Lil' Rotom, you're still not the first one I've met,"

The soft purr of the Alolan Meowth's voice filled the room. Bun stared blankly at Jasper's face.

"Aww, you don't have to give me that look. Look here, in my line of work you come across a LOT of misfits and freaks. Anyways darling, this guy really had it figured it out,"

Jasper stopped talking to take a sip of his Berry Juice while blinking slowly. His eyes always held a dreamy air and that day was no exception. He wore a dark suit as he had 'work' later that day.

"What do you mean by that, Jasper?"

The Meowth took another sip and set his crystal glass down.

"They had such a knowledge of the capabilities of a Rotom. They could even possess Electric Pokemon to an extent,"

The poor Rotom was dumbfounded. Brainwashing another sentient being was something he had no desire to do, let alone being able to. But, he was curious.

"Is it possible to learn this power?"

Jasper stopped and put his paw to his forehead. He closed his eyes as though he was in deep thought before opening one eye and letting out a laughing purr.

"Not from me, baby. Not from anywhere. I was just messing with ya',"

He chuckled for a bit longer before wiping the tears out of his eyes. B.T was not as amused. If only Jasper could hear his thoughts.

"I shall concede that that was a funny practical joke if only to get back to business. Were you fibbing about the existence of another one of my species as well?"

"Aww, B.T, why do you gotta be like that? But no, I did have a Rotom acquaintance,"

"If you did, I find it strange that in our several months of companionship you have never informed me of them,"

"Hey, babe, we all have our secrets. My reasoning is one of 'em. So, do you want to know about his trick or not?"

"Please do tell, Jasper,"

The trick of visualizing the various connections of a device and subsequently travelling through them was explained to B.T. He attempted it on Jasper's electric fireplace. It took him half a day before he had perfected the fast-travel method.

"Good job, Bun! Now, time for me to tell you my reasons.."

~Present~

That moment of self-reflection did indeed reveal a path; he would travel through the circuitry of the restaurant. He'd be able to reach Carmine in a split second.

OH RIGHT. THE PEN. I CAN'T TAKE IT WHEN I'M INCORPOREAL. I GUESS THE 'MADAM' CAN WAIT. I WILL MENTALLY NOTE ITS POSITION. NOTED. NEXT TO CARROT NUMBER 7. NOW TO VISUALIZE MY PATH-

Although he had not strictly memorized the blueprints of the building, he had a very good idea of the electrical connections. It was especially surprising to him that this would be the second time he would use this form of transportation at 'Finer Things'. Perhaps he would have preferred electrical travel if he could bring food as well. He identified the connection that would lead straight to Carmine's position. Or at least the position he usually takes. If the Rotom does it right, he would end up right behind the Maitre D' station. Slowly the blue line leading to the Trumbeak began glowing brighter and everything else dimmer. Soon a singular blue zig-zagging line shone brightly every time he closed his eyes.

I REALLY HOPE NOTHING BAD HAPPENS. OR AT LEAST LET THAT PRIMARINA BE THE ONLY ONE INJURED-

"No, everyone will be safe,"

By the time he was done with that sentence, B.T found himself levitating in front of his aged boss and….a child? No. It wasn't any child. It was Bailey, another co-worker.

AGH. I HAVE TO PROTECT MYSELF NOW. THIS DAMN KID WOULD MAKE A FINE ADDITION TO THE PRG. I HOPE THEY RECRUIT THE INTRUSIVE BRAT AND GET HIM OUT OF HERE-

The malignant thoughts against the underaged Ralts helped Bun conjure up a thin mist of Ominous Wind around him. He began doing it when 'Spook Troopers' began following him. The protection was necessary then to prevent them from approaching him. He used it now to stop the talented Ralts from invading his mind palace. He was not too sure if Bailey even noticed or cared, however. They seemed to be in conversation and normally B.T would not have interrupted, but this was not a normal situation.

"Sir. Mr Carmine. I'm sorry if I interrupted you and Master Bailey but there appears to be a situation. I was out in the orchard, searching for a customer's possession when I noticed muddy paw prints leading into the restaurant's window. If I may be so bold, perhaps you could call for a temporary evacuation, sir?"

Last edited:

Jauntier

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
BAILEY
???? ? ???? ? ???? ? ???? ? ???? ? ???? ? ????

???? IV. Alone​
Delighted in his efforts and a dismissal with no hassle, the small Ralts said a quick thank you to the Maitre D' before?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As if there was an ear-piercing frequency that cut through his head, Bailey reflexively cowered from the sudden, instantaneous grip of melancholic erraticism that fell upon his horns. As he hunched over with his arms reaching over his head, his teary eyes frantically darted about to see what decided to plague him. Then with a bit of a jump, he heard the monotone of his co-worker, B.T., over his shoulder. Bailey stepped back, his eyes intensely set on the amorphous blob of plasma interrupting his conversation and his inerrant streak of sanity. The immediate area around the Ghost seemed to lose a sharpness in lines, but Bailey couldn't tell if it was merely his tears that were now collecting or in connection to the vibe that undoubtedly radiated like a wall from the Ghost. Bailey knew the Rotom had something to do with it, being in such close proximity to the hostile waves. He needed to get away before he slipped and forcibly removed the threat from his presence. He didn't want to cry.

Hastily, Bailey excused himself and trotted off. The further he walked, the more his head began to clear. The slog of negative emotions were no longer intrusive once he was a good few paces from the menace, but now an original bitterness began to brew. The Rotom was intentional, he figured. The Rotom had malice. The pervasive, underlying sense of disdain subjected upon him by that emotion-laden fog was powered by targeted thoughts, he was led to believe. Bailey made a note of the Ghost as he blinked away the film of unspilt tears, a note he felt was in kind to B.T.'s. He would deal with that nuisance later.

Now, he felt he could not afford to waste any time with his intentions. He needed to return with yet more valuable items from the Cold Storage to show for a delay in starting the silent auction, but he also had to appease the deep-seated desire that seemed to pick at the back of his brain whenever his thoughts turned idle. At this point, he had crossed Dining with no hassle and stayed clear of the fumes that wafted from under the Cigar Lounge door, and was now climbing down the stairs for the Cellar. With his grasp preoccupied with the clipboard and pen, he quickly prepped his mind to perform telekinesis just as he hopped off the last step. His horns aglow with a faint pink aura, a nearby oil lantern shared his aura, ignited itself in light and?as if offered by an invisible hand?lifted off the stand beside the bottom of the stairwell. It floated in front of Bailey to illuminate the way.

Using his psychic power to carry something as relatively light as an oil lamp hardly took concentration. He absentmindedly wielded it by using one figurative compartment of his mind. In another, he recalled a meticulous memory: how many paces and in which directions did it take to walk from this point to the door of Cold Storage. His wide eyes were always scanning what surrounded him, and he was quick to recall what he mentally noted as markers to help him through the maze of wine racks. As he briskly walked, Bailey was fully aware that he was looking for something he did not know. He only trusted that this newfound aspect of his intuition would guide him, as it awakened the second he gazed upon that painted likeness of The Wishmaker. Being the only other presence he could sense as he twisted around corners and observed wine labels, the atmosphere was clear of any being's emotion and instead filled with an inanimate, solipsistic ambiance.

It hadn't taken long before the youth passed the familiar steel-fortified door of the Cold Storage, a stimulating shiver trickling down his back from the emanating chill. Standing before it, he began to scribe yet again in his head new paces and positions of a tentative nature. He was going to explore the Cellar beyond this point, and find a path back to the door when he finished. Picking up his brisk step yet again, some minutes passed as he wove about before he caught a particular sound. It was once low in the background, but it had gradually grown. Playing it by ear, Bailey sought out the source until he approached a tall, open doorway. Echoed from within, sounds like roiling water, rattling metal, and short hisses of steam all lead Bailey to surmise that he had come across the Mechanics room.

This was a place he had never been in, and no restaurant lead would ever permit a lone child to explore, much less approach unsupervised. And yet, it didn't matter to the Ralts. Something about this unexplored territory beyond the doorway seemed eerily alluring. With caution, the smiling boy allowed his lamp to lead the way inside, thinking to himself if, quite possibly, this place could provide some relief to the whispers.​
STATUS
ralts.png
[/CSS-DIV]​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 28, 2018

D A I Q U I R I
"Get mixed"
THE SALAZZLE

MISSION: Bathroom Attendant || ICON: Bringin' home the Bacon || EARNED: $20
----
As the lizard watched Aureole turn up the sass to not only cover for her beautician, but proudly flaunt her new outward reflection of her inner glamour, Daiquiri couldn?t help but snort a little puff of smoke through her nose. She had to admit, the way the Shiinotic gave Vissi a once-over was golden, and seeing the dumbfounded expression on the Primarina?s face afterwards forced the Salazzle to turn her back and hide a tight-lipped snicker. When she did, she saw Claudette jotting down notes in a corner. Her camera was sitting beside her with the strap dangling free.

----
Like a whip lash, Daiquiri?s hand snatched the device.

----
?Like I was saying,? Daiquiri blurted, holding the camera high above her head as she loomed over the upright Stunky, ?Since you didn?t give it to me like I asked, now I?m taking it. I said no pictures in the bathroom, and definitely not by no boys, like daddy never teach you right? I?m about to fix this film for ya, ya dig, creepazoid??

----
Claudette looked up at the thief with a deranged expression: a mixture somewhere in-between shock and desperation, eyes glazed over with the mental vomit she was previously trying to record on her pad. Blinking a few times to wipe away the alliterative titles and puns pouring out of her imagination, she indignantly pouted at the Salazzle. "Hey-hey, toots, that's personal property ya toyin' with," she said, taking a step towards the waiter - as if assured that her comparatively small stature could intimidate - "let's not turn this into somethin' it's not ... it's in ya best interest to hand it over."

----
?Uh-huh,? Daiquiri said with a cheeky look as she dug a nail into the back panel of the camera, effortlessly popping it off into her hand. The film within immediately blanched under the bright bathroom lights. ?Nice bit you went for. Rattled ya cage, shuckster? That ?personal property? is in a bunch of, like, broke rules and whatnot, so cool it. I?m just gonna snip out them offending pictures and you can get it back and get out my bathroom.?

----
As she hooked a finger under the reel and drew it out from its spools, she gave a hard snort, a little bulge forming in her cheek as she looked ready to prime her lips. Just as she spat out a thick glob of Toxic phlegm at the film, Vissi let out a forced yelp and a gush of water struck the reptilian from a blind side. The mucus dissipated from the splash before it could land on the camera, but the Fire-type was also saturated in her natural weakness. The seal just gawked at her co-worker with an abashed look, her fins over her snout.

----
The reporter, who had been frantically trying to hinder the destructive exploit by clawing at the Salazzle?s hands, was filled with both relief and frustration; as the distraction allowed her an opportunity to snatch the camera back, but yet caused further damage to her pictures. Daiquiri, however, just stood there. She didn?t say anything, she didn?t blink; she just let her coat lay sopping wet on her body and her wig sag on her head. There wasn?t anything to her expression, it was just blank. There was a few seconds of uncomfortable, tense silence.

----
She suddenly took her wig off and started to wring it dry in her hands, staring now with widening, maddening eyes at Vissi. The seal passively exchanged glances with a bright blush. She was still as a statue, save for her fins fidgeting if trying to spark noise to kill the quietude within the lavatory.

----
?You,? Daiquiri started, her head cocked as smoke began to rise from her mouth, lacing every word with black acridity, ?You dumb ugly sea heifer. I promised my dad I wasn?t gonna lose my job over a fight. And that fat flip flopper ass is makin? it sooo hard to keep it, you just mopped up my real hair.? She put her deflated wig back on her head and took off her coat, wringing it in her hands as she stepped up toward the shocked Primarina - only to step past, hissing. ?Get mixed.? The poisonous lizard made a loud hacking sound as she spat at her coworker?s tail.

----
The Primarina wailed like a banshee as she felt an excruciating burn tear into her tail, leaving a clear sign of laceration. Writhing about uncontrollably, the soloist inadvertently retreated herself into an open stall and collided into the toilet inside. Even after conceding to the enclosed space, her tail continued to flail around violently.

----
As Vissi?s shrieking echoed inside the lavatory, a torrential flow of water began to spout out from the sinks and toilets like geysers, flooding the room at an alarming rate. One facet shot out from its place at the head of a basin and struck the side of Claudette?s unsuspecting head, dropping her to the floor.

----
?HOLY GUACA -?

----
Daquiri didn?t even give herself time to finish her sentence before piling a shoulder right through the door, stumbling out drenched as water trailed into the dining room behind her, her wig slipping off her head and soaking up at her feet while she raised her dripping coat and shouted clear across the area:

----
?THIS CRAZY PRIMARINA SOMESNATCH IS BUSTIN UP TOILETS TRYNA FLOOD THE HOUSE!?

POST No. 7 || Previous - Next || DIRECTORY: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Kp4W9XU.png

-----
The restroom walls ricocheted an - admittedly, flat - half-hummed tune into Cadbury's ears, the source being a familiar green-spotted Spinda appearing in the mirror behind him mopping up a fussy stain: "and t'wartime will pass, our aid will come at last, when t'pages are ours ta ... "

-----
"Ah, would ye look at t'at," he interrupted himself when he trailed a puddle collecting on the floor to the badger's fur, "oh boy, oh boy, oh boyo." PJ withdrew one of his cleaner, drier rags from a pocket on his coveralls and took no time in snatching up the Linoone's face to soak up some of the liquid. "Who turned ye int'a mess?" he said with nearly fatherly concern, "t'ey've got ye mucking up my good tiles, t'ey are."

-----
He noogied the towel into Cadbury's head. "Are ye alright?"​
U9EQcpG.png
-
xx2lzw0.png
-
Os3M1W1.png

-----
A flash of bright, blue light shot out of the nearby payphone and seared Carmine's retinas just as he was about to leave for other matters. He thoughtlessly dropped his ledger on the floor as he shielded his eyes from further harm, intersecting B.T.'s following remarks with grunts of displeasure and pain. However, he immediately quieted his moaning and snapped to attention when the word "evacuation" came into play.

-----
"Your pay grade does not ask you to be bold, Mister B," he admonished the Rotom's general direction. As his vision cleared up into a few select spots of clarity, the bird noticed a thin shroud of ethereal fog surrounding the Plasma Pokemon and the hasty retreat of a distraught Bailey. "What is this, what are you doing?" the bird said, breaking up the ghostly haze with a disgusted flap of his wing, "you know better, get the battle nonsense out of my restaurant."

-----
Carmine took a deep breath as he claimed most of his sight back. "Alright, yes, now; calmly explain - "

-----
"What the bloody hell is this?"

-----
The Ma?tre D' shut his beak, confused as to why this foreign voice had taken his own. His logic quickly informed him that the effect was actually Lombardi's booming rasp interrupting his thought, and directed his gaze to the Dining Room: where said Typhlosion stood before the open door of the Ladies' Room, looking on in furious horror at the scene within as a river of tap water threatened to consume her ankles. Sharing the sentiment from his own perspective, Carmine directed the Rotom to follow him as he swiped up his ledger and trotted over to the spectacle, half-heartedly assuring onlookers that everything was fine and to keep drinking their wine, please.

-----
The Trumbeak's mind flooded with frets concerning the costs of damages and the destruction of the original floors as he stepped into the makeshift grotto, venting these angers into impolite commands for his fire and electric-type employees to guard the door behind him and hold his book of reservations. Though, seeing an unconscious Claudette instantly stoned every molecule in his body into an emotionless heap of shock, and he rushed over to inspect her injuries as Lombardi dealt with the incensed Soloist in the stall.

-----
"Hey, listen - listen - listen," the chef cooed firmly, "don't get upset, don't worry." She grabbed the seal's fins and tried to look in her weeping eyes. "Calm down, listen to me."​
KHgTa1v.png

-----
The space greeted the boy with hissing vapors and wheezing, mechanical coughs. It was a rough room, coated in grease and age, except for an odd spot of worn but sturdy color that rested against an unassuming corner. There laid a large quilted blanket before a small dresser holding up a television proudly displaying static, and several old-world personal affects that attributed the space to PJ; most prominently, a line-up of old paper boxes each labeled with his name, the word "VHS," and increasingly schlocky titles.

-----
A sudden, horrific scuttling noise coming from the exposed ventilation shaft above distracted from the scene, but quickly became an echo and disappeared. The memory of its scratchy timbre resonated deeply with one's sense of hearing.​

Last edited:

Afterglow Ampharos

Years

rEjpMLC.png
Washroom muzak

Cadbury turned with a start when someone approached from behind. His ears jumped up, and he made a point to cover his immodesty with his claws. The only things he?d removed were worn on the upper body, but the badger couldn?t help but feel more naked without them.

At least it was only his face that the janitor was interested in. Cadbury?s posture relaxed, and he gently thanked PJ for his assistance. At the very least, the spit-take had left more of a mist of droplets, rather than a soaking mess. Still, it was alcohol, so it was not something he?d want to allow to linger on his fur nor his clothing.

?The Wurmple gentleman in the Dining Room,? Cadbury answered, when asked for the perpetrator. ?I?m not entirely sure what I did to set him off, but I served him his order -- correctly, of course -- and now I?m wearing the very wine I poured for him. After it was in his mouth.? Is it still called a mouth when dealing with caterpillar anatomy, Cadbury wondered to himself for a moment, reminded of the strange things on the front of Morimoto?s face that he hadn?t a term for.

?It was a refill, too, so the spit-take was not a matter of flavour.? The badger grimaced when the Spinda?s janitorial rag rubbed against his cranium and face in a gesture better suited for a locker room than a fine dining bistro. ?Yes, I?ll be fine, thank you,? he assured PJ, removing himself from the scouring. It had gotten the job done, at the least.

?I haven?t the time to hold onto a sense of insult right now, anyhow. I?m training Jean-Georges, and must get back to supervising,? he said, having another look in the mirror. He frowned for a moment at the way his fur stood up after the rag-assisted noogie, and fetched the items from his wine-speckled coat's pocket, including his comb.

?As my work uniform is dirtied with wine, would it be acceptable if I changed into my other clothing, Mr. Clarke?? he asked, directed at PJ even if his eyes were focused on his fur and his comb in the reflection. ?It?s a identical to this outfit, but in blue and red. It?s currently in the Coat Check.?

He cast his gaze to the Spinda's mirror image, to add an afterthought. ?Ah, and if you had any way of cleaning my green uniform for me before the night?s end, I'd certainly be appreciative. I realize you?re busy as well, but no harm in asking, mmn??

Last edited:
Back