• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Battling Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Void

hiiiii
Years
Yes, but that's still like banning Wonder Guard from the metagame since Moody also has a chance of lowering desirable stats (like accuracy/attack) and raising undesirable stats and there are many ways of countering it like No Guard, Unaware, never miss moves, etc. Jus sayin.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Bringing to everyone else on auth's attention here:

(20:16:13) Connected to Server!
(20:16:19) Citrus joined the channel.
(20:16:19) Welcome Message: please say congrats to the happy couple, tj and kaori
Welcome Message: The updates are available at pokemon-online.eu. Report any bugs on the forum.
(20:16:19) *** Type in /Rules to see the rules. ***
(20:16:19) ±CommandBot: Use !commands to see the commands!
(20:16:19) ±CountBot: Max number of players online was 162.
(20:16:19) ±CountBot: Server uptime is 12d 18h 25m 14s

(20:16:26) +Citrus: battle again w/ oter team doronjo?
(20:16:29) +Citrus: my other that is
(20:16:30) +Citrus: lol
(20:17:11) +Arietta, the Wild: kay~
(20:17:22) Battle between Citrus and Arietta, the Wild started.
(20:22:57) Arietta, the Wild won against Citrus.
(20:23:06) +Arietta, the Wild: GG~
(20:23:15) +Citrus: i think imma stick to this one
(20:23:46) +Citrus: thank you for your desingscs
(20:23:48) +Citrus: decisions
(20:23:56) +Citrus: i noticed some weaknesses!
(20:24:26) +Arietta, the Wild: KAY~ :3
(20:24:50) Mewmewzapdos joined the channel.
(20:24:57) Mewmewzapdos: .........
(20:25:01) Mewmewzapdos: what THE HELL IS THIS
(20:25:37) ±Bot: Mewmewzapdos kicked citrus from this channel.
(20:25:37) Citrus left the channel.
You are not in the channel anymore

(20:26:20) Citrus joined the channel.
(20:26:20) Welcome Message: please say congrats to the happy couple, tj and kaori
(20:26:28) Booze Patrol joined the channel.
(20:26:36) ±ChannelBot: Citrus was channel muted by Mewmewzapdos
(20:26:40) Booze Patrol left the channel.
(20:26:44) ±ChannelBot: Squidding was channel muted by Mewmewzapdos
Arietta, the Wild kicked Mewmewzapdos!
(20:26:53) Mewmewzapdos left the channel.
(20:26:59) +Arietta, the Wild: uh, okay.
(20:27:03) Mewmewzapdos joined the channel.
(20:27:05) ±ChannelBot: Arietta, the wild was channel muted by Mewmewzapdos
mewmewzapdos was banned by Citrus!
(20:27:07) Mewmewzapdos left the channel.
(20:27:16) +Citrus: why not just ban
(20:27:16) +Citrus: llol
(20:27:21) +Arietta, the Wild: i dunno
(20:27:26) +Citrus: uhh so is this a hacking attempt
(20:27:27) +Citrus: ?
(20:27:31) +Citrus: o_O
(20:27:32) +Arietta, the Wild: i guess
(20:27:36) +Citrus: imma post about it on cbc chat btw
(20:27:39) +Arietta, the Wild: at first i thought it was a bot
(20:27:40) +Citrus: so the others on auth can see
(20:27:43) +Arietta, the Wild: and yes
(20:27:46) +Arietta, the Wild: do that

Sooo yeah, I IP checked before and made sure it was none of any of us, but yeah, wtf?

Doronjo and I are kinda concerned because obviously if they can do that then chances are bypassing a ban won't be hard.

Also Doronjo and I can't umute Leavanny:
(20:36) Squidding: (13:36:13) ±ChannelBot: You are muted on this channel! You can't speak unless channel operators and masters unmute you.
(20:36) Squidding: (13:26:39) ±ChannelBot: Squidding was channel muted by Mewmewzapdos

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
(08:38:10) +Zebraiken: hm
(08:38:55) +Zebraiken: it's
(08:39:03) +Zebraiken: probably some code manipulation or hopping around with broken code
(08:39:06) +Zebraiken: js
(08:39:17) +Zebraiken: seeing as you were "channel kicked" and not just kicked
(08:39:37) +Zebraiken: aka we just need wolfers to go through scripts and figure that out probably

Last edited by a moderator:

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
k people im abit confused what are the different types of teams and whats their purpose. for example trick room teams and the rest

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
k people im abit confused what are the different types of teams and whats their purpose. for example trick room teams and the rest

Here are the ones that I know of (anyone can correct me if I'm wrong here):
-Hyper-offense: they're mostly comprised of sweepers who do as much damage as they can to the opposition (with support from Reflect/Light Screen to make up for their normally meager defenses, as well as Stealth Rock/Spikes to reduce the amount of PP they use for their moves to bring down opponents)
-Rain: utilizes Rain Dance or Politoed (OU)/Kyogre (Ubers) to give the rest of the team benefits from the rain (increased power of Water moves, healing from Dry Skin, 100% accurate Thunders, increased Speed for Swift Swim Pokemon, reduced damage from Fire moves). Note that Swift Swim Pokemon can't be used with Drizzle Pokemon.
-Sun: utilizes Sunny Day or Ninetales (OU)/Groudon (Ubers) to allow other Pokemon to benefit from it (increased power of Fire moves, increased Speed for Chlorophyll Pokemon, SolarBeam needing no charge turn, increased Special Attack for Solar Power Pokemon, reduced damage from Water moves)
-Sandstorm: utilizes Tyranitar or Hippowdon's Sandstream ability to wear down non-Rock/Steel/Ground Pokemon. Gives other benefits, like boosting the power of Rock/Ground/Steel moves of Sand Force Pokemon, increasing the Special Defense of Rock Pokemon and boosting the Speed of Sand Rush Pokemon.
-Stall: mostly consists of defensive Pokemon that use things like Toxic, Protect and entry hazards to wear down opponents
-Trick Room: utilizes the Trick Room move to allow slow Pokemon to move first temporarily
-Balanced: a blend of offensive and defensive Pokemon on a team

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
SOILERS.

Spoiler:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Spoiler:

Is the PokeCommunity server down? I don't see it on the registry.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
PlatinumDude said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by diab_low

Here are the ones that I know of (anyone can correct me if I'm wrong here):
-Hyper-offense: they're mostly comprised of sweepers who do as much damage as they can to the opposition (with support from Reflect/Light Screen to make up for their normally meager defenses, as well as Stealth Rock/Spikes to reduce the amount of PP they use for their moves)
-Rain: utilizes Rain Dance or Politoed (OU)/Kyogre (Ubers) to give the rest of the team benefits from the rain (increased power of Water moves, healing from Dry Skin, 100% accurate Thunders, increased Speed for Swift Swim Pokemon, reduced damage from Fire moves). Note that Swift Swim Pokemon can't be used with Drizzle Pokemon.
-Sun: utilizes Sunny Day or Ninetales (OU)/Groudon (Ubers) to allow other Pokemon to benefit from it (increased power of Fire moves, increased Speed for Chlorophyll Pokemon, SolarBeam needing no charge turn, increased Special Attack for Solar Power Pokemon, reduced damage from Water moves)
-Sandstorm: utilizes Tyranitar or Hippowdon's Sandstream ability to wear down non-Rock/Steel/Ground Pokemon. Gives other benefits, like boosting the power of Rock/Ground/Steel moves of Sand Force Pokemon, increasing the Special Defense of Rock Pokemon and boosting the Speed of Sand Rush Pokemon.
-Stall: mostly consists of defensive Pokemon that use things like Toxic, Protect and entry hazards to wear down opponents
-Trick Room: utilizes the Trick Room move to allow slow Pokemon to move first temporarily
-Balanced: a blend of offensive and defensive Pokemon on a team

Oh so its jst ways of using abillities to your advantage and. lol im more balanced

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Spoiler:

Is the PokeCommunity server down? I don't see it on the registry.

Spoiler:

Oh I didn't see this post :( Nope the server is up, if you can't find it, alternatively home.brokenrevolution.com buuut from reading back, I see a Lapras was there so I assume that's you!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Spoiler:

Oh, I was wondering who Starships was, lol. I saw that the PC server isn't really that popular/active :(

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
SPOILERS (move tutors)

Spoiler:

rip current meta imo

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
SPOILERS (move tutors)

Spoiler:

rip current meta imo

(forgot about Knock Off and Synthesis, but w/e)

Anyway, I like the current list, though some moves were a bit unexpected, like Drill Run. I was happy that some of the Gen IV tutor moves came back, like Giga Drain, Drain Punch, Roost, Dark Pulse and Dragon Pulse. This makes Dark Pulse + Earth Power legal on Hydreigon, for instance.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It means I may get Superpower Haxorus. brb being excited.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I really hope Haxorus gets Fire Punch. Right now, Ferrothorn gives it a hard time, so Fire Punch could come in handy here.

Perriechu

Years
Base stats of the new formes

Spoiler:

lawd @those offenses

Landorus isn't that bad now that his speed is 91

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Base stats of the new formes

Spoiler:

lawd @those offenses

Landorus isn't that bad now that his speed is 91

Resolution Keldeo's stats are the same as before. :/

Anyway, I like Thundurus' stats. Sure, it lost out on 10 Speed and Prankster, but Volt Absorb makes up for it, and it's still pretty fast.

It's kind of sad to see that Landorus' Speed suffered a bit (probably to keep its massive Attack in check), but it can still use Rock Polish to fix it.

Now for Tornadus: its defenses aren't really the best, but its Speed improved quite a bit, at the cost of 15 points from each of its offenses. I think a support set would be best for this Tornadus because of those stats paired with Regenerator (and possibly Roost).

Perriechu

Years
They've been generous with Tornadus. Roost, Regenerator, balanced stats, thanks to the move tutors, new moves.

edit - wait just looked at the tutor list and saw that there's about 5 moves that Tornadus can actually use, never mind use in competitive battling. Heat Wave, Iron/Aqua Tail and Zen Headbutt (possibly), Roost and Sky Attack.

ALSO GLISCOR GETS SKY UPPERCUT JSYK

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back