• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Don't know if anyone has seen this pop up online in the last hour or so, "Christian group books anti-gay ads to appear on buses".

Luckily I just heard the Major of London is intervening and stopping the advertisement, so I'll link to that article once it appears on the Guardian's website.

For the people that believe that Conservative MPs are so antigay, Boris Johnson has stopped the advert.

Link

Last edited:

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
What I'm surprised about is that the bus company decided to actually let them book those advertisements. Surely, they can't be so dumb that they don't know this is incredibly bad for their business?

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
What I'm surprised about is that the bus company decided to actually let them book those advertisements. Surely, they can't be so dumb that they don't know this is incredibly bad for their business?

They probably needed the money :/ The TFL commented on twitter that 'we do not believe these ads reflect TflL's commitment to a tolerant and inclusive London' <- doesn't really make much sense to me.

I am, however, impressed with the speed it was stopped.

EGKangaroo

Years
They probably needed the money :/ The TFL commented on twitter that 'we do not believe these ads reflect TflL's commitment to a tolerant and inclusive London' <- doesn't really make much sense to me.

I am, however, impressed with the speed it was stopped.
Probably doesn't much help when the money you get from putting the advertisements up there has to go directly to restoring whatever lost revenue there will be from putting those hateful advertisements on their buses in the first place.

Years
It seems like they felt emboldened by those atheist advertisements that buses carried (or still carry?) and I feel a backlash might come from people with those same thoughts and that this could get dragged into a nasty fight like that. Or maybe that's just my American perspective on these kinds of things. People might be smarter/more civil in London.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Hahahaha that's hilarious, though also quite sad if you take into account the missed opportunities for you both. Are you one of the gay guys who wants him? :P

Honestly, I have thought about it, but it comes up dry. I like him better as a friend and it'd be kinda of weird if we started up romantically.

And he has admitted thinking about me, but he very much sees himself and feels straight, so there's that.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Am I the only person who finds those ads hilarious? Did y'all leave your senses of humour at home today? :P

EX-GAY, POST-GAY AND PROUD. GET OVER IT!

Because like... nobody with a brain would actually believe that. It is wide and common knowledge that ex-gay programs never work. I feel like they should have let those ads stay on the buses just to function as satire lmao. Like, making fun of times past when people actually did believe in that nonsense.

Kiyoshi The Polar Bear said:
And he has admitted thinking about me, but he very much sees himself and feels straight, so there's that.

He's thought about a romantic relationship with you, but he's straight?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Well, I think when you have a close friend who's gay, it's just naturally going to be on your mind, whether you want it to or not. For most people anyway.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Really? Is that really a thing? I mean, I guess it's something that might occur to you or cross your mind in some hypothetical way, but Kiyoshi made it sound like his was having actual romantic thoughts about him. Which is fantastic (or would be if Kiyoshi were also interested lol), but not exactly what you'd expect of a straight guy.

EGKangaroo

Years
Am I the only person who finds those ads hilarious? Did y'all leave your senses of humour at home today? :P

EX-GAY, POST-GAY AND PROUD. GET OVER IT!

Because like... nobody with a brain would actually believe that. It is wide and common knowledge that ex-gay programs never work. I feel like they should have let those ads stay on the buses just to function as satire lmao. Like, making fun of times past when people actually did believe in that nonsense
I certainly find it somewhat hilarious, in a really really sad "There goes my faith in humanity" kind of way.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Really? Is that really a thing? I mean, I guess it's something that might occur to you or cross your mind in some hypothetical way, but Kiyoshi made it sound like his was having actual romantic thoughts about him. Which is fantastic (or would be if Kiyoshi were also interested lol), but not exactly what you'd expect of a straight guy.
Well, I don't think it's really a thing... I just meant that it's most likely crossed his mind. lol

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Ugh, I hate talking about sexuality with straight people... makes you feel like a circus act or something. =/

I very very vaguely mentioned off hand that I wasn't straight on another forum, and the next two pages of the thread were nothing but trolling, and people talking down to me because they don't understand how you can be anything other than straight or gay.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
No. lol

It's my CSS clan's forum, which has a very close knit group of people on it. Don't want to bring in a bunch of outside people to flame everyone. lol

EGKangaroo

Years
Eh, that's sad that they'd troll you about it. But luckily, in 90% of the cases, people on the internet are a billion times more liberal and open-minded than the people one knows in real life. That's my personal experience from it anyway.

I've hinted a number of times to some of my classmates whom I trust a bit that I am not straight. One of them's a really good friend of mine, but be sometimes jokingly makes homophobic comments everytime I mention it. I know he means it as a joke, and he absolutely isn't an actual homophobe, but it certainly makes it more difficult for me to be open about it.

Back