• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VOTE: mobile app and/or mobile skins

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
Years
On my iPod now, it's fine as it is. Seems like that money should be going elsewhere (like Rukario's wallet).

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
Hmm, why not?:)... Who would be coding this app? I am buying a developer account soon, i can host it if you don't mind it saying my company name...

Rukario

Banned
Years
Hmm, why not?:)... Who would be coding this app? I am buying a developer account soon, i can host it if you don't mind it saying my company name...

The base coding is coming from vB and works with an api they provide to run on our site.

We will either apply for a dev account ourselves (its only $99.00 a yr) or have a partner of the hosting co host it on his accounts (both iPhone/Android) for free.

Thanks for the offer :)

Xino

Banned
Years
Mobile skins, Why put the extra money out there for the app when we can just use skins.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I would like to have both.

Having both is usually the best option. An optimized app for compatible phones and other devices, and a mobile skin that has proper features (at least access to all features in normal PC) for other web-enabled devices.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Well my phone might need a skin, though the Internet sucks so that probably wont help.

And all the themes work on my ipod, a app would just make it easier to use.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Any more news on how this idea is progressing?
I don't know how long the development process usually takes on these kinds of things.
Just wondering if we could get an update.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
Years
I do not have a mobile phone, so I am not familiar with exactly how apps and mobile skins work, but due to my ideology I voted for an app. That's because either way it is added functionality that (as far as I know, again, I am not an expert on mobile phones) is not trivial to create, and thus it deserves to create a revenue, if not for anything else, just to make the work hours put into it worth it. If it is easy, then going for both might be the best thing to do, but my opinion is the app is the way to go. And if I ever get a mobile phone with any functionality other than calling and receiving calls, I will definitely get the app.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
I'd love to have an app for PC, and skins wouldn't be so bad, but ideally, I'd like the app the most. It would be great to check my VMs/PMs through an app, and I wouldn't mind paying $2 for it at all.

Years
I like the idea of both the mobile app and the mobile skins. The mobile app would be great for those with an Android phone or iPhone. But not everyone has one of those phones, so they could simply sign in and use the mobile skin. Everyone wins!

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
If you're going to do this, you should have both skins and an app. It's simply not fair to develop one (or two) apps for the iPhone and Android phone, and leave BlackBerry users out. You'd literally be favouring two mobile users over another.

I'd say go for both apps and skins, or only skins. But only making the apps shouldn't be an option.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
How about a free trial version so we can test it out before we buy it?

If you want to make sure every platform has an app, you could also make a Java and/or BREW app for other platforms and non-smartphones that can run those apps.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
How about a free trial version so we can test it out before we buy it?

If you want to make sure every platform has an app, you could also make a Java and/or BREW app for other platforms and non-smartphones that can run those apps.
Hmm, seriously? How are you gonna make a free version of this kind of software? You know what it is, you know what your getting. I mean what would the free version be restricted too? Only be usuable for a day, only able to view your own profile?

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2011
I like my computer more with chrome wish i had an iphone though... but i can dream :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back