• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Sorry i've been so inactive. Haven't really had the internet for the past 2 weeks. This club has really kicked off since i've last been on it huh?

Anywho on topic.

If it wasn't for the DW abilities most of 151 have, i doubt many of them would be used in Competitive battling or even just gameplay of Black and White.

Granted i haven't played White since July, been going for the more nostalgic non abilities games where you can attack a Pikachu without fear of getting paralyzed or using ground moves against Magneton. Those were the days where you just blarg anything in your way with no fear.

Actually... the whole Ground moves against Magneton only applies if it uses Magnet Rise; surprisingly, it doesn't have Levitate. But, I do like the whole "use ground moves against Weezing" thing though. :P

Years
Then why on hell doesn't earthquake work on Magneton in R/S/E for me against Gabby and Ty? o.0

hahah, another nuisance of an ability. Poison Point.
MY.GOD!!
Never works for you but always against you -.-

DragoniteMySavior

Use Hurricane!!!
Years
Alright, everything's been updated! ikaroschase, this includes your userbar being added to the OP, and points awarded. Olli, I agree 100%. As far as design, it's not bad at all. Also, Magikarp being so weak is actually representative of an old legend that if a carp were to leap over a castle wall, it would become a dragon. Hence, Magikarp evolves into Gyarados. All this talk about Magikarp made me decide to make Magikarp the Pokemon of the Week.

New topic: Which of the original 151 do you think has done best to maintain popularity in the current generation?
First of all, Pikachu is obvious. But, Meowth also has done well to maintain popularity, due to the anime. Other than those from the anime though, Dragonite seems to be rather popular still, and it's found all over the Gen V metagame.
u got that right!

personally, i think magikarp has stayed popular because of its derpiness.
of course, pikachu has stayed popular, and who could forget?: "meowth, thats right!"

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Which of the original 151 do you think has done best to maintain popularity in the current generation?
Seeing from a child's view, I'd have to say pikachu, because it has been the mascot since the beginning of pokemon. (It's also the only non-unova pokemon to regularly feature in anime)

EDIT: can I be in the competition now? :) (feat. my rather poorly drawn MS paint voltorb)

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Seeing from a child's view, I'd have to say pikachu, because it has been the mascot since the beginning of pokemon. (It's also the only non-unova pokemon to regularly feature in anime)

EDIT: can I be in the competition now? :) (feat. my rather poorly drawn MS paint voltorb)

I'll go ahead and add you to the participants list then! Just remember though, the contest rules say the theme is to include your signature, as well. You can still use the Mewtwo userbar, though; that will not be a factor in judging.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Multi-Scaled Dragonite. Magic Guard Alakazam. Drought Ninetales. Yes, the generation five had been generous to the classics.

But, still hands down to Pikachu.

USERBARS!

07146f0e2cf78e6dd98af4be69305ad1.gif

ac318cdf2e247fa7bee125c1bc0aa333.gif

now I have completed the starters! Any more you want me to make?

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Pikachu has always been very iconic, and always will be. It's also the one Pokemon of Gen I that many would find the cutest. And, throw a Light Ball on Pikachu, and it can do relatively well in battle for its stats.

I see that's a new userbar. *adds to OP, rewards points* :)
EDIT: Oh, you edited in another userbar. Alright, I'll add that one too. miltankRancher, you have now once again surpassed me in points.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
I remember the Surfing Pikachu. good times, LOL. Plus now, he has Volt Tackle, power and cuteness in one.

really? I have no classes anymore, even if it is just 10 am here. Userbar spree lol.

Here is another one, in tribute of my favorite lazy guy.

fc29079d8ee8f9be582c1b66298059f0.gif

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Wow, another one?! OK... now I'll add that one... and update the points.

Surfing Pikachu, that is awesome! Totally... love... surfing Pikachu! Especially how he looks in Pokemon Snap.

miltankRancher

Years
Too bad it was just an event though. (had it traded from a friend who hacked it in)

that is enough userbar for the week I guess. LOL.

ikaroschase

サンダース the crackling of sparks
Years
USERBARS!

ohmygoodness o_______o while i was making one userbar you made so many.
you're really professional (: your userbars are so awesome \(O-O)/ mine are like... noob-ish OTL

95A02.gif

EDIT: oh and can i ask a random question? do you guys prefer red gyarados or the non-shiny, blue one? (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
LOL. I m not good honestly. i just use a program to do it.

i prefer the non-shiny one. honestly, shiny gyarados look retarded.

130.png
130.png

ikaroschase

Years
i spend more than an hour per userbar o________o
i'm a failure at these things OTL sighs.

EJqKI.gif

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
It actually looks quite amazing, ikaroschase! ;]

Unto the topic. I think that Meowth had done really well to maintain it's popularity by being a member of the Team Rocket grunts! But since that some of Ash's original Pokemon makes cameo appearances in some of the series' episodes too, I think that most of 'em maintained their popularity generation by generation.

miltankRancher

Years
well, they are quite known of course in the anime. But since we are talking about general Pokemon here, i think cameo appearances does not count as well unlike usage by players in battling.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

EJqKI.gif

Wowee, this certainly is impressive! Good work!

As for the topic of which Pokemon generates most hype, for me it'll always be Sandshrew. He's one of the main reasons I still buy the games! I also love to see the new takes on Grimer/Muk as there always seems to be a new one, and they're usually great! Eevee also helps to generate hype based on whether or not it'll receive a new evolution or two, and I think classics such as Pikachu, Mewtwo, Charmander, Snorlax etc will always be amongst the fans favourites to see how they've changed.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
userbar time! (: there's only one because i'm dealing with college applications now :/ sighs. anyway for this its pikachu! :D

0kjeP.gif

credits: stock image | texture
Multi-Scaled Dragonite. Magic Guard Alakazam. Drought Ninetales. Yes, the generation five had been generous to the classics.

But, still hands down to Pikachu.

USERBARS!

I remember the Surfing Pikachu. good times, LOL. Plus now, he has Volt Tackle, power and cuteness in one.

really? I have no classes anymore, even if it is just 10 am here. Userbar spree lol.

ohmygoodness o_______o while i was making one userbar you made so many.
you're really professional (: your userbars are so awesome \(O-O)/ mine are like... noob-ish OTL

95A02.gif

EDIT: oh and can i ask a random question? do you guys prefer red gyarados or the non-shiny, blue one? (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

EJqKI.gif

awesome userbars ikaroschase and miltankRancher

Sorry :(

Username: Nepse
Favorite Gen I Pokemon: Dragonite
Partner Pokemon: Dragonite the Dragonite

Indigo Plateau
Poll: Yes
welcome to the club, nepse!!

Years
The hype for me in the new games is Charizard, if theres no possible way to get it, the game won't appeal to me as much as it should. I'm quite stubborn and picky. :P

Those are amazing userbars, wish i was talented in art :/

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Alright, all points have been updated. miltankRancher, your shiny upgrade is complete.
ikaroschase, very impressive userbars. They have been added to the OP and points given. I especially like the Magikarp/Gyarados one.

Personally, I think blue (normal) Gyarados looks better than shiny Gyarados.

Speaking of shinies, here's a new topic: Which of the original 151 do you think has the best shiny design?
For me, I personally LOVE the following shinies:
6.png
12.png
92.png
129.png

Black Charizard, what more could you ask for?
Butterfree looks amazing with those green eyes.
Gastly's blue gas looks great, much better in comparison to the shiny forms of its evolutions.
And last but not least, ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GOLDEN MAGIKARP!!!

ikaroschase

Years
Which of the original 151 do you think has the best shiny design?

there are so many o_________o i guess i'll choose six (: i noticed i like blue ones ><

6.png
34.png
91.png
92.png
117.png
133.png

EDIT: if i really have to choose one it would either be charizard or eevee (:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back