• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2016
My save state in slot 5 was standing in front of Lucas in the Gym before battle, so I went back to that (and some of you say no to save states...) and can now confirm the script shown in these pictures matches what is in my version. As for the other, I didn't find it in the top-left:

Cyclone

that is the other, it was a location mistake on my part............ but it is just eating at me to find this Lake Myung........ it feels as if im searching for Atlantis or something.......... but it may be impossible to find, if it was once in the game in a different language, then the map couldnt have been altered so drastically just for the english version

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I have a feeling those Dive patches in Seanport City are somehow connected to it. Did you notice them off of the port? I turned on walking flags on the rocks in 409 to look around there and got a better view of them:

impossible03.png

My theory is that Route 409 and Seanport City had another connection here in addition to the one down below. I figure there were rocks higher up preventing passage outside of Route 409, but allowing access to Imatari Islands as normal (the rocks eventually meeting where they go horizontalish in 409 with where Seanport's go up, still exiting in the north as seen now).

My guess is that one of those Dive patches leads to Lake Myang. I am going to test this theory after I get and can use Dive; if it's still there, it might be worth somehow readding it. (This could also be a great place to hide a sanctuary where all of the Water starters can be found. I've been suggesting to Ash to have this put in the game since we can't trade for the others like in the official games. This could be a post-E4 thing with something in the way until you defeat the Zhery E4. I am thinking of places for Grass and Fire starters.)

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2016
i would lie to do the same test, i have been wondering about that patch by the beach. But how can i use the "walk through walls" cheat if im running the VBAGX on a wii?

since i have AdvanceMap and Dive, if i go in and flag the rocks or remove them will it void my save file?

I have a feeling those Dive patches in Seanport City are somehow connected to it. Did you notice them off of the port? I turned on walking flags on the rocks in 409 to look around there and got a better view of them:

impossible03.png

My theory is that Route 409 and Seanport City had another connection here in addition to the one down below. I figure there were rocks higher up preventing passage outside of Route 409, but allowing access to Imatari Islands as normal (the rocks eventually meeting where they go horizontalish in 409 with where Seanport's go up, still exiting in the north as seen now).

My guess is that one of those Dive patches leads to Lake Myang. I am going to test this theory after I get and can use Dive; if it's still there, it might be worth somehow readding it. (This could also be a great place to hide a sanctuary where all of the Water starters can be found. I've been suggesting to Ash to have this put in the game since we can't trade for the others like in the official games. This could be a post-E4 thing with something in the way until you defeat the Zhery E4. I am thinking of places for Grass and Fire starters.)

Cyclone

@Cyclone .......... here is my save file......... saved in Snowce City, you must go past the city to the house and get the dive HM, just go north and you will see it. This is my secondary save file.......... i have a level 50 something Lapras in the party so you shouldnt have any troubles teaching the HM, also Charizard knows Fly, as well as Dragonite.

Last edited by a moderator:

dudebot

Glowing Yellow
Years
Yo, dudebot here.

Nice game and nice story. Very similar to some of the stories of the actual Pokemon series. Simple, to the point. Former characters are a nice touch and World Championship is genius.

Now let me cut to the chase. I've got this Orange Pass from Lance after beating him in this cave. However, I have no idea how to get to Orange Island. Like, at all. So, you know, if anyone can be of any help, dudebot would greatly appreciate it.

[Also, as a side note, I had the same problem with the Dive glitch. I came up on the outside of the barricade and had to fly to the nearest town and start over again. Nothing to bad, just might inconvenient. Also, on the topic of inconvenient, I can't fly to four cities in the Lauren league. Mad weird, yo.]

EDIT: Never mind. It would be in the one town with a plane.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
@Cyclone .......... here is my save file......... saved in Snowce City, you must go past the city to the house and get the dive HM, just go north and you will see it. This is my secondary save file.......... i have a level 50 something Lapras in the party so you shouldnt have any troubles teaching the HM, also Charizard knows Fly, as well as Dragonite.
I was hoping you'd reply by PM, but this works too. :) It saves waiting for me to get there first to experiment. I just have to remember to back up my save file itself and the first save state in case I accidentally screw up and overwrite my save state. :)

EDIT: I realize now why you did it this way: to add the attachment. I believe it's not possible to do that via PM, so consider the file picked up. I'll post anew once I have some research (if no new posts, I'll delete this and edit). Since Dive isn't picked up yet, now I know I have to back up the first (and maybe second) save states with my save file, or I might end up losing my game where I left off. Hopefully I don't run into too many storyline spoilers here (though I really don't mind). :) I'll start researching in the morning as it's late here now and I know I'll screw up now otherwise.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
Yo, dudebot here.

Nice game and nice story. Very similar to some of the stories of the actual Pokemon series. Simple, to the point. Former characters are a nice touch and World Championship is genius.

Now let me cut to the chase. I've got this Orange Pass from Lance after beating him in this cave. However, I have no idea how to get to Orange Island. Like, at all. So, you know, if anyone can be of any help, dudebot would greatly appreciate it.

[Also, as a side note, I had the same problem with the Dive glitch. I came up on the outside of the barricade and had to fly to the nearest town and start over again. Nothing to bad, just might inconvenient. Also, on the topic of inconvenient, I can't fly to four cities in the Lauren league. Mad weird, yo.]

EDIT: Never mind. It would be in the one town with a plane.
You also need a pass to travel to orange Islands after you take care of Lance

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
My Light Platinum ROM finally worked. =) I patched the IPS file to my Ruby and it didn't work,but then patched it to the Light Platinum file I had before that didn't work and now the file works. I ruined my Ruby ROM though.

I hope this hack is completed. Is there any way around the portugeuse?

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
There's an English IPS on the first page.

Also, just started my test, but noticed this file doesn't have Drakebreath Gym defeated yet (in fact the city still has to be visited). I get the feeling I'll be forced to do that before I can complete my test.

EDIT: And now I've temporarily abandoned the test. However, I've taken the opportunity to finish my Imatari Islands map; technically, I would have made it one of my first stops after finishing the Serenity Gym, so this saves me a trip since I don't believe there are any items here. However, I do note the following screenshot:

pokmonlightplatinum53.png

Now, take a look at the map bordered as in AdvanceMap:

Spoiler:
The thing I want to point out is the top of the area. Look at the screenshot. Notice all the rocks up top? These are outside the map border, and I'm sure you can place (without help) exactly where on the spoilered map I was sitting when I took that screenshot. There is a second map up here that is reached somehow. I haven't been to this map yet, and haven't even fixed the water and rock areas (which I can do without visiting the map), so here is the pure raw data:

Spoiler:
Notice the Dive patch? Also, where I'm sitting is what appears to be the "entrance" to that area from the south, but it's in fact blocked by rocks! Also of note is the wild Pokémon data here; Rufflet and Tentacool which accommodate 90% of the Pokémon to the south completely disappear and the only things found are Wailmer and Carvanha (the latter being 90%), but you can fish in the northern segment for Corphish and Krabby provided you have a Super Rod.

I'm going to run a second test to figure out where this comes from because the warp isn't evident in AdvanceMap for diving. If this area IS in fact inaccessible, I'll look for a matching map and see if we can create the connection. With that said, I might still need Drakebreath to be able to use Dive in any case, so if that's true someone please confirm and I'll use the Lv.50ish Pokés here to bum-rush that Gym (and the Steam HQ, guess I am getting some storyline in here) in a hurry so I can run both tests. Until I run the test, my copy of the ROM will maintain a mirage rock on Route 409 (though I did cut two save states and my actual save with the ROM to a backup folder, so in case I forget something I can just replace this in the AM folder).

I am also noticing why I take so long to play. I am working on leveling up a lot of Pokémon in order to provide effective walkthrough strategies. As a result, I am taking a long time just doing that whereas others use overleveled Pokémon. This save is at 15 hours, many hours faster than I've been and it's done seven badges. However, this player has not yet evolved Riolu, while I have a Lucario at the same level that I plan to get a little higher to become my Fighting component.

Did I mention there's a spot somewhere to dive underwater seeking Kyogre? I've already stumbled upon this map in AdvanceMap some time ago, but don't know the connection and presume it's in Lauren region. (UPDATED BELOW)

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
Sorry I was reading the first text when I posted. When they asked me those questions it was both English and Portuguese,but I see therafter its just English.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Decided to play on from this save file just in case Diving was unlocked by the final Gym. Determined it unlocks the Waterfall ability. Not bad for intentionally doing a complete crapshoot. Is Giratina supposed to be so easy to catch, however? It took one Ultra Ball!

So...since I now know that Dive isn't working in those patches at the east end of Seanport City, I can conduct my second test at the Imatari Islands. It also gives me an opportunity to do something there to put all Water starters in the wild. What were these rumours of Lake Myang? There might be one after all, but I still haven't confirmed it. :)

Also, might have to do my full mapping of Victory Road now. I always wanted to get the mapping out of the way before the playing and guide writing; this is a perfect opportunity to do so.

EDIT: Experiment 2 completed. While the first test didn't result in any of three Dive spots being usable (as expected), I did make my way to the northern Imatari Islands by turning another pair of rocks into mirages and made my way to the Dive spot there. Upon submerging, I found myself in a map that I seem to recall led to Kyogre. Of course, it's not there yet (even with eight badges obtained). Must be a post-E4 thing, so I guess the rocks vanish at the same time or some event in Lauren is triggered first (and the rocks then destroyed). Or something. I'm contemplating somehow adding Lake Myang; how remains to be seen.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2023
Anyone know the gameshark code to make Chimchar appear? Could you message it to me? I've been looking for the past 3 hours but I can't find it. Hopefully will get a reply soon! Thanks!

That being said, where in the hell is the move tutor???

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2016
Anyone know the gameshark code to make Chimchar appear? Could you message it to me? I've been looking for the past 3 hours but I can't find it. Hopefully will get a reply soon! Thanks!

you get Chimchar through the "gift" pokemon........... i believe it is right before the 7th badge in Zhery League.

DVK

Hack based-God
Years
Talk to Professor Rowan in Snowce city(one of the houses) choose chimchar from him and voila.

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2023
Talk to Professor Rowan in Snowce city(one of the houses) choose chimchar from him and voila.

Yeah I figured that out, but I didn't want to wait until the 7th gym. I just used a walk through walls gameshark code to get there. Thanks for the help.

With that being done, do you know where the move tutor is? Or rather the move relearner. I caught a Jynx, but I need to reteach it confusion.

Villa10

Unhatched Cowboy
Years
There is some 'hard' version of this ROM? It is too easy! And if Wesley see this topic, parabéns brother mandou bem demais!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Too easy? I thought Route 401 was hard. :P Gets easier after the shock of four-Pokémon Trainers against one starter (and remembering to pick up Elekid).

Cyclone

DVK

Hack based-God
Years
Yeah I figured that out, but I didn't want to wait until the 7th gym. I just used a walk through walls gameshark code to get there. Thanks for the help.

With that being done, do you know where the move tutor is? Or rather the move relearner. I caught a Jynx, but I need to reteach it confusion.

Unfortunately there isn't D:

99% sure wesley didn't put one in D:

Back