• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen July Coro-Coro: 5 New Pokemon + Xerneas & Yveltal typings + Oorotto

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Too bad Juniper is still alone as a female prof for the main serie.

Yeah, I kind of would have preferred to have another female professor, but I do like the appearance of the one we were given. Kind of seems like an age somewhere between Elm and Rowan, so not inexperience like Elm seemed to be, but not as knowledgeable as Rowan was. Maybe a more middle-of-the-road professor who has the knowledge to help you when you need it, but is learning along with you as well?

Too bad Pancham evo just look like the two other bear evo but in panda version, would prefered something a bit different.

210px-614Beartic.png
150px-217Ursaring.png

It's kind of hard to do a bipedal bear to look ferocious and not look similar =P At least it has some distinction from the two (mainly it's cape/trenchcoat sort of thing).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Can someone explain something to me? According to what I read on Serebi both Shushup and Peroppafu are evos of Yamchan. Is this correct? It seems way off. (This is what it says in the new pokemon list)

Goronda looks pretty awesome which is also a evo of Yamchan, obviously. I also like the new squids and Peroppafu.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm glad we finally have a Dark/Psychic. It doesn't have much weaknesses, with the only one I can think of being a 4x weakness against Bug. Making Fortress,Steel Wormadam, Genesect, and Scizor it's ultimate counters.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
Dude that one pokemon looks like freaking cotton candy! I'm so snatching that up.

Gen 6 is looking good so far. I'm so excited. EEEEEEK! (That was a fan girl screech)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Can someone explain something to me? According to what I read on Serebi both Shushup and Peroppafu are evos of Yamchan. Is this correct? It seems way off. (This is what it says in the new pokemon list)

Goronda looks pretty awesome which is also a evo of Yamchan, obviously.

Only Goronda is an evolution of Yancham. The other two are new Fairy type Pokémon that were revealed.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
My thoughts on this delicious, nutritious slice of news:

-<insert obvious and repetitive statement about the legendary typing> No, but really, pretty awesome. Also, has anyone noticed their ability can potentially make them dangerous? It pretty much gives their STAB moves an extra boost, making it the equivalent(I think) of having Adaptability. Although, according to the statement of these abilities, they power up those moves, but not exclusively to Xerneas/Yveltal(???)

- I'm diggin' that evolution of Pancham a lot. Another Dark/Fighting type, and with Iron Fist too. Honedge with No Guard could potentially make it a deadly Pokemon to be put up against. 100% accurate Hypnosis would be as annoying as Spore Breloom. Without levitate though, it has that ground-type weakness which isn't too bad to handle if you have something good to switch out to.

- The Dark/Psychic type squid is unique. The typing is interesting, although U-Turn pretty much kills it, and it even gets Contrary! Hopefully not as a DW ability, so it can be the first Pokemon ever to have it naturally. Turn Over is interesting when combined with Contrary and other attacks. Overall, neat Pokemon to use competitively, not sure if I will give it a spot on my team when I'm playing through the main game.

- Lots of fairy-types! Those two new ones they showed look pretty okay. I'm assuming their evolution lines will contain two/three Pokemon.

- New team = Sophisticated. All I can really say at this moment. Who knows why they are solely in it for the money, besides the usual "taking over the world, binky boy" type of ordeal. Maybe some sort of device or scheme to do something crazy.

So it seems like most of the gaps from previous speculations have been filled, like the legendary typings. The only thing I'm truly concerned about now, after seven months, is the starter types potential evolution line! Here's to hoping for August CoroCoro? (Edit: Well, I think CoroCoro leaks 'till the 15th, so not all hope is lost atm)

Last edited:

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
Team Flair, I like the name, hate the outfit, tbh. Maybe they'd have a do over on their outfits just like Team Plasma did, but only time can tell. Clearly they use Fire-types. Hopefully their admins are cooler (if they have admins, unlike Team Plasma)

Years
I'm hoping they have smart grunts, if there must be a grunt that's dumb make it one that reappears multiple times.

I see the evil team using electric types too...must be the orange jumpsuit colored suits...

Years
If their name is really Flare as in fire (rather than Flair) then I them using fire types like Magma did, along with the generic Dark and poison Pokémon. However I would like to see them using types such as electric types which are usually used by the scientists of the group.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Really excited about the news!
Pancham's evolution looks fierce and awesome, definitely going to be on my team
I wonder though what the new method of evolution will be?

Not really surprised at the legendaries types, although a 2nd type for Xerneas would
have been nice. Their abilities are ok i guess, dont seem to original though.

The pink bird is super cute! Like him more than the cotton candy, although that Sweet
Pale ability sounds pretty awesome. Shushup being exclusive to Y makes me get that game,
on the other hand, Clauncher is exclusive to X, so I'm in a pickle for now...

Those Squids look kinda weird to me, but their typing is definitely great!
Something new to experiment with, I'll definitely try them out
Plus, Contary is always an interesting ability to combine with certain attacks

The Gym leaders look cool as well, i wonder what their types could be?
And Team Flare might have "simple" goals, but i dont mind as long as they
have personalities and make for a good battle :D

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I just find it odd that Xerneas is singled typed... and Yveltal is dueled typed. The abilities are a huge letdown... sigh, why not come up with something "new." There is some wasted potential with the legends... but I'll be getting X version, cause Xerneas rocks like Dialga.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Man,I really like the artwork of the starters in this image: http://serebii.net/corocoro7136.jpg
My favourite is still Fennekin, but it makes Chespin and Froakie look much better than their initial artwork. I really can't wait for more information on their evolutions.

Xerneas is fairy type, huh? In se not something to be surprised about. When they revealed the new type, it was only natural that at least one of the legendaries would have it as its primary type. Might have been nice if Xerneas was double type (grass or steel?), like Yveltal is. Yveltal's typing is cool.

Another thing that's cool is Goronda. I usually don't have much with the fighting types, but this one looks great. 8D I can see it being a very protective parent of its cubs. |D

At first I was kind "what in heaven's name is that?" about the Squid. It looked a bit like a combination of a bird and something undefinable. But now that I've had a better look at it, it actually looks quite nice. Cephalopods actually have beaks like that, +1 for accuracy. The only thing I'm not 1000% happy with are the "feet". I think it would have looked better if they didn't fold like feed (I can't imagine it being easy to walk with), but instead dangled vertically like the structures on it's cape. It's Pre-evolution is kinda cute.

I like Honedge. :') Now I can start making a team for my Kalos-based OC

Shushupu is kind of endearing, but it's not as dorky as the cottonball Pokémon exclusive to X. I've yet to change my initial thought about getting X (thank you, Xerneas).
I do like the professor, though. He's a cutie. Yes, I can see him live in France (and be somewhat of a flirt?).

Not much to comment on regarding the new team. Flare seems to be my guess, as they look to be quite fire-themed (even the hair!)
The new gymleaders look great. The thingies in Zakuro's hair remind me somewhat of the gems in Xerneas' antlers. Maybe it's going to mean something?

All by all a nice update. I'm still excited about X/Y. This generation looks promising.

blue

gucci
Years
Too much to wake up to! LOL. Just been looking through the scans and I see no disappointments! These new Pokemon look cool.

Also "The teaser for next month's CoroCoro issue, due for release on August 12th 2013, is said that the magazine will contain the biggest scoop of the century. We'll provide details on that next month" Judging by that we're in for a heck of a scoop next month then.

Oh, and Maika & Karamanero are the first Psychic/Dark Pokémon, interestingg.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
So i just saw this at Serebii:

The professor is called Purataanu (プラターヌ possibly romanised into Platane). He will occasionally battle you.

Which in my opinion is a pretty awesome feature!
Finally a Professor who also battles :D reminds me of the cancelled Oak fight in the original games

blue

gucci
Years
So i just saw this at Serebii:

The professor is called Purataanu (プラターヌ possibly romanised into Platane). He will occasionally battle you.

Which in my opinion is a pretty awesome feature!
Finally a Professor who also battles :D reminds me of the cancelled Oak fight in the original games

Yes! I saw this too, I'm happy that the Professor will actually battle you.

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
dat professor.
dis professor.

MY FANGIRL MODE HAS BEEN ACTIVATED.
I have loved this entire update thus far. Death Wing and Geo Control sound like wicked awesome moves, too. ;;

This Professor is my new favorite thing.
I wonder what his English name will be?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Malimar (final squid form) is absolutely glorious. I love it's design.

It makes me think of an evil magician, one of the more sinister looking pokemon I've seen.

The gems in Zakuro's hair made me think of Sableye.

tnfsf11

Xerneas' typing did surprise me a bit, being Fairy isn't that weird but pure Fairy? C'mon GF... At least make it Steel/Fairy or Grass/Fairy so that it seems legit! I expected only the 3rd legendary to be of a pure typing not the first one.

The cotton candy poke looks cute & edible, I hope I can eat it in Amie, I like it better than Vanillite tbh, I see it being pure Fairy or Fairy/Candy.
The pink bird sure looks like a mini Flamingo, I would love to see it evolve into one & become part flying, even though I'm not sure if Flamingos do fly irl :P.
Koronda... What can I say? FREAKIN' EPIC. also I wouldn't compare it to Beartic or Ursaring, since Koronda is the first dual-typed bear who doesn't evolve by level up. And I'm happy to see the bear combo complete! (a white bear of the Antarctic + a brown bear + a Panda)
The squids look wicked, Dark/Psychic is a good combination, & it finally gives a value for Bug types which are rarely used (by me at least).

I'm not even mad about the version exclusive pokes since you can trade easily via Wi-Fi & don't have to suffer like in gen 3 games & before. Besides I would choose Skrelp anyway.
Unlike many ppl here I like the looks of the team, also the gym leaders look cool, I just hope Team Flare isn't as limited in use of pokes as Team Magma, & isn't as stupid too.
All the pokes of this gen so far has some kind of a common feel to them... Futuristic perhaps? All I can say is that it's gonna be one weird gen that's for sure!

Back