• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Birch Winds* (Grass Type Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Birch Winds Grass Fan Club

Rules
*All PC Rules
*DO NOT DISCUSS OTHER TYPES!!!
*Be Respectful; If you are not respectful to members, you will be asked to leave. Thank you.

Signing up is easy! Just enter the information below.
Nickname:
Pokemon(must be grass):
Why you like Grass Types:
Favorite Grass Type(s):
And remember to answer the current topic or join in on the conversation in your sign-up post.

Yes, you can have the same Pokemon as someone else!

Example:
Nickname:Aspen
Pokemon:Chespin
Why you like Grass Types:
They are epic and adorable.
Favorite Grass Types: Chespin, Leafeon, Snivy,
Topic 2. Hoppip, because then I could fly around the world.

Banners
View attachment 68096

Members

Aspen
Pokemon: Chespin
Favorite Grass Types: Chespin, Leafeon, Snivy,

Ico
Pokemon: Exeggutor
Favorite Grass Types: Venusaur, Serperior, Exeggutor, Leafeon.

Sceptile853
Pokemon: Sceptile
Favorite Grass Types: Sceptile, Torterra, Tropius

Turty
Pokemon: Torterra
Favorite Grass Types: Torterra, Deerling, Snover and Roserade.

Ozzy
Pokemon: Roserade
Favorite Grass Type: Sewaddle,Tangella, Roserade,

Megan (Meganium90)
Pokemon: Meganium
Favorite Grass Types: Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium (always my top favorite!), Leavanny, Tropius, Roselia, Leafeon

Tails
Pokemon: Shaymin
Favorite Grass Types: Shaymin, Virizion, Chickorita ,Bayleef, Meganium

Hikari (Hikari10)

Pokemon: Pansage
Favorite Grass Types: Leafeon, Pansage, Simisage, Snivy, Servine, Serperior, Treecko, Grovyle, Sceptile, Roselia, Roserade, Petilil, Liligant, Cottonee, Whimsicott, Deerling, Sawsbuck, Shroomish, Breloom, and Shaymin.

Jaycee
Pokemon: Meganium (Baylee)
Favourite Grass types: Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium, Celibi, Leafeon, Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile

Pokemoner
Pokemon: Shaymin
Favorite Grass Types: Shaymin, Breloom

Kouzan (AWsquared)
Pokemon:Treecko
Favorite Grass Types: Treecko, Whimsicott, Bulbasaur, Chespin, Shaymin, Meganium, Chikorita, Turtwig, Serperior, all of the grass starter Pokemon, Leafeon, Deerling, Liligant, loads more.

Slayr231

Pokemon: Serperior
Favorite grass types: Serperior, Breloom, Cradily, Ferrothorn, and Venusaur

Regeneration

Pokemon: Sceptile
Favorite Grass Types: Snivy, Sceptile

Pacifist
Pokemon: Celebi
Favorite Grass Types: Celebi, Meganium, Leafeon, Bulbasaur, and Shaymin

RoreyG

Pokemon: Serperior
Favorite Grass Types: Serperior, Sceptile, Venusaur, Shiftry, Tropius, Leafeon.

Status
There are four types of status, except for mine.
Seed:For new members.
Sprout: You become a sprout when you make 5 posts.
Sapling:You become a Sapling for making 15 posts.
Tree:You become a Tree when you make 25 posts.

Topics
1.In your opinion, what is the best type combination for grass types?
2.If you could be a grass type what type would you be and why?

Contests
Winning contest causes you to gain Status Accessories.
1st Place: Prize: Vine
2nd Place: Prize:Moss
Third Place: Prize: Mushroom

Current Contests:

Grass Art Contest
Make a picture with grass types. NOTE: Making a picture with no grass types will be disqualified.
Contest Rules:
*Art must include at least one Grass Type.
*Art must have a title.

Last edited:

Google2.0

Stand Alone Complex
Years
Nickname: Ico
Pokemon(must be grass): Exeggutor
Why you like Grass Types: Grass is one of the three basic elemental types along with fire and water. Since gen 1 i always picked the grass type starter, Venusaur being my favorite.
Favorite Grass Type(s): Venusaur, Serperior, Exeggutor, Leafeon.
Edit:
If you could be a grass type what type would you be and why? Venusaur, starts off cute and then turns into a beast.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Welcome to Birch Winds! I've added topics now. Please enter one now that I've added them.

Last edited:

Zhuq

Pokemon Trainer Zarraf
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
Nickname:Sceptile853
Pokemon(must be grass):Sceptile
Why you like Grass Types:Because they can cure nature
Favorite Grass Type(s):Sceptile , Torterra, Tropicus
Topic: Sceptile so I could run and hit fast by using leaf blade!

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Nickname: Turty
Pokemon: Torterra
Why I like Grass Types: Grass types have loads of weaknesses, but they're awesome. First of all they represent nature, which is epic, second of all, lots of them are dual-types, which is awesom-er, and third of all, most of their designs are epic (for example, Snover and Torterra).
Favorite Grass Types: Torterra, Deerling, Snover and Roserade.

If I was a grass type, i'd be a Deerling. Nimble, fast, cute, and friendly. What better choice than that? I'd also like to be a Torterra, and have Pokemon live on my back. i'd be like the big daddy of the forests.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Nickname: Ozzy
Pokemon: Roserade
Why you like Grass Types: I love the idea of a Pokémon fighting using only the power of nature and being so in-touch with the world to have these sort of abilities; it's a really cool thought!
Favorite Grass Type(s): Sewaddle is my favourite, closely followed by Tangella & Roserade.

In your opinion, what is the best type combination for grass types?
My personal favourite is Grass/Poison, just because it's such a natural type combination, but I think the best possibly combination would have to be Grass/Fire. They'd cover each other's weaknesses perfectly and any Pokémon with that type combination would have to look incredible, so that's definitely my bet for best type combination!

If I was to be a Grass type? Hmm, that's a hard question... I think I'd have to go with Treecko - he's so cheeky and mischevious! I'd hate to be something slow and bulky so I think Treecko would be the perfect answer, plus his evolutions are incredibly cool right?

@Foxrally; your huge love of Torterra is really interesting, care to explain it? :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
hi i like grass types can i has join? :3

Nickname: Megan (Meganium90)
Pokemon(must be grass): Meganium obv!
Why you like Grass Types: Grass types have been my favorite typing of all time, ever since I started playing Pokemon. I loved how their moves are powerful by the sun's power, and how they are majestically beautiful.
Favorite Grass Type(s): Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium (always my top favorite!), Leavanny, Tropius, Roselia, Leafeon

Grass & Water are my favorite typings. And combining them both make them 20% cooler. :) If you want a Pokemon with a great typing, that way it can attack against Fire-types easily, you got yourself a good combination right there. :)

Shayminlover123

Top Pokemon Trainer
Years
Nickname:Tails
Pokemon(must be grass):Shaymin
Why you like Grass Types:They learn some pretty good moves and I like how it represents nature
Favorite Grass Type(s):Shaymin,Virizion,Chickorita,Bayleef,Meganium
In your opinion, what is the best type combination for grass types?:Grass and Ice because they are both my favorite types and even the typing has a lot of weaknesses I find it unique.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
In your opinion, what is the best type combination for grass types?:Grass and Ice because they are both my favorite types and even the typing has a lot of weaknesses I find it unique.

I actually like that combination as well! Serves the same as my favorite combination (water/grass) but you gotta be careful with 4x fire damage. That's gotta hurt, yo.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I actually like that combination as well! Serves the same as my favorite combination (water/grass) but you gotta be careful with 4x fire damage. That's gotta hurt, yo.
I did think this was a really cool typing until we discovered that this was the result of it:

460Abomasnow.png

It's just such an ugly Pokémon, I don't like him at all. Snover however is adorable, so I guess there is some hope!

Foxrally

Years
Nickname@Foxrally; your huge love of Torterra is really interesting, care to explain it? :D

Well, dear sir, my interest and love of Torterra all started three years ago. Up to then, I had been living in ignorance of Torterra's legendary prowess and epicness. On the 29th of August 2010, for his birthday, my brother had received a Pokemon Platinum game. The first time we played the game, we made the foolish decision of choosing Piplup. It wasn't until Solaceon city that I came to my senses and deleted the save file.

Next, we chose Chimchar. the poor fellow didn't even last a day! Realizing how weak he was to Roark's team, we deleted that save file too.

After a while without playing, we chose Turtwig. he was nicknamed Turty, and we soon noticed he was great at battle. His weaknesses were easily cast aside by his power and strength, and he was our top pokemon. I raised him until he grew to his final form, Torterra. I loved Turty, he loved me. We had walks in Amity square, where he collected decorations and other usefull objects for my contest-loving Roserade.

Turty helped me foil team Plasma's evil schemes, defeat Giratina TWICE (without cathing him either time!) and beat the Elite 4 and the Champion, Cynthia. he also participated in the battle tower, achieving a highscore amongst his fellow Pokemon partners.

So there, this is why I am so fond of Torterra. :D

Snover however is adorable, so I guess there is some hope!

I agree :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Well, dear sir, my interest and love of Torterra all started three years ago. Up to then, I had been living in ignorance of Torterra's legendary prowess and epicness. On the 29th of August 2010, for his birthday, my brother had received a Pokemon Platinum game. The first time we played the game, we made the foolish decision of choosing Piplup. It wasn't until Solaceon city that I came to my senses and deleted the save file.

Next, we chose Chimchar. the poor fellow didn't even last a day! Realizing how weak he was to Roark's team, we deleted that save file too.

After a while without playing, we chose Turtwig. he was nicknamed Turty, and we soon noticed he was great at battle. His weaknesses were easily cast aside by his power and strength, and he was our top pokemon. I raised him until he grew to his final form, Torterra. I loved Turty, he loved me. We had walks in Amity square, where he collected decorations and other usefull objects for my contest-loving Roserade.

Turty helped me foil team Plasma's evil schemes, defeat Giratina TWICE (without cathing him either time!) and beat the Elite 4 and the Champion, Cynthia. he also participated in the battle tower, achieving a highscore amongst his fellow Pokemon partners.

So there, this is why I am so fond of Torterra. :D
Ahah wow, that's actually a really interesting story! I wish I had some kind of connection to a Pokémon like that. I've heard some stories like yours before, some stories about Pokémon becoming a substitute for friends, some stories about Pokémon even helping people through illness before, but the biggest connection I've ever had to a Pokémon was "Lol this Sandshrew is really cute wow". I'm rather jealous!

Admittedly though, Torterra isn't a Pokémon I've ever liked that much. He seems so aggressive and angry all the time (mostly due to the voice which pervades itself as a constant 'ROAAARRRRRR') whereas I have a tendancy to prefer the small cute bunnies of the Pokémon world, but I do find his obvious power and stature to be quite impressive. I wonder if you'd have developed this kind of love for Torterra if he'd never been an option for a starter Pokémon and you could judge him only on looks and stats?

Foxrally

Years
I wonder if you'd have developed this kind of love for Torterra if he'd never been an option for a starter Pokémon and you could judge him only on looks and stats?

That's a question I can't and wish I won't have to answer. Also, a lot of people might consider Torterra to be aggressive and rough, and I agree with that, their placid eyes and rough features do stimulate such emotions. But really, Torterra is just one big, slow, relaxed turtle, just like me. :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I did think this was a really cool typing until we discovered that this was the result of it:

460Abomasnow.png

It's just such an ugly Pokémon, I don't like him at all. Snover however is adorable, so I guess there is some hope!

Well there's always hope for the sixth generation. I'm also hoping Abomasnow isn't the only grass/ice type to choose from.

Regarding the Torterra, I think Meganium is....kinda like the opposite. It can be hyper, active and competitive, and that's some qualities I like about the big green dino. :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Well there's always hope for the sixth generation. I'm also hoping Abomasnow isn't the only grass/ice type to choose from.
What form could a new Grass/Ice type take, though? I find it so hard to think of anything other than a wintery fir/Christmas tree when it comes to combining those two types haha. Maybe a huge jagged shard of ice with vines coming from it? Who knows, I'd love to hear some ideas though ;o

Regarding the Torterra, I think Meganium is....kinda like the opposite. It can be hyper, active and competitive, and that's some qualities I like about the big green dino. :P
I've always loved Meganium, but that's only down to you! I always used to think it was just a Pokémon that was "there", it's wasn't special or unique or interesting or anything, but since meeting you it has become a much more important Pokémon to me. It resembles something kind, caring, motherly - a healer for the group and the world around it, enriching everyone's lives along the way (and whilst looking pretty badass with those wiggly antenna ;p). This reason alone has sky-rocketed Meganium right up my list and she's now a Pokémon that I more-often-than-not choose to use when I have the chance. However, as an actual Pokémon I still think she's kind of useless ;D

Years
Why did I not notice this earlier? I'm gonna join cos I joined the previous Grass-type clubs!

Nickname: Hikari (Hikari10)
Pokemon(must be grass): Pansage
Why you like Grass Types: Grass-types tend to often rely on support for the rest of their teammates and they love to debilitate foes a lot while other Pokemon do all the work. Not to mention how useful they can be in the sun too!
Favorite Grass Type(s): Leafeon, Pansage line, Snivy line, Treecko line, Roselia line, Petilil line, Cottonee line, Deerling line, Shroomish line and Shaymin (yeah so many faves!)

In your opinion, what is the best type combination for Grass types?

I'm gonna go with what Megan said and say Grass/Water, it was what made the Lotad line so unique because it cancels out Grass' most common weaknesses - Fire and Ice. Not to mention it also isn't weak to the two types Water is weak to, so it's definitely one of the better typings out there.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hi Hikari!

What if they get a leafy arctic fox? THAT GUY IS GOING IN MY TEAM.
Oh god that would be incredible ahhh <333 Imagine if they combined Leafeon and Glaceon, how spectacular would that be? It'd be so beautiful and elegant whilst keeping an obvious power and strength about it; I would love this so much. Although arctic foxes are much more impressive and beautiful than the Eevee evolutions so I guess it's not a fair comparison haha. I can't begin to explain how much I'd love this Pokémon though, it sounds utterly fantastic :knockedou

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
What form could a new Grass/Ice type take, though? I find it so hard to think of anything other than a wintery fir/Christmas tree when it comes to combining those two types haha. Maybe a huge jagged shard of ice with vines coming from it? Who knows, I'd love to hear some ideas though ;o

I've always loved Meganium, but that's only down to you! I always used to think it was just a Pokémon that was "there", it's wasn't special or unique or interesting or anything, but since meeting you it has become a much more important Pokémon to me. It resembles something kind, caring, motherly - a healer for the group and the world around it, enriching everyone's lives along the way (and whilst looking pretty badass with those wiggly antenna ;p). This reason alone has sky-rocketed Meganium right up my list and she's now a Pokémon that I more-often-than-not choose to use when I have the chance. However, as an actual Pokémon I still think she's kind of useless ;D

A plant that could withstand the cold weather like pine trees or branches would be a good Pokemon.

But then I thought of Winter Form Sawsbuck and I was like....why isn't it Ice-Type? :| It's Normal/Grass when it's in Winter Form, and it becomes super effective against ice types. This was something I came across just now. lol

& awww I love your response! Meganium is the healer of the world, I must agree! :3

What if they get a leafy arctic fox? THAT GUY IS GOING IN MY TEAM.

Like a Fennekin-shaped Pokemon with elements of Leafeon and Glaceon, that would be one awesome Pokemon! :D

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
hi i like grass types can i has join? :3

Nickname: Megan (Meganium90)
Pokemon(must be grass): Meganium obv!
Why you like Grass Types: Grass types have been my favorite typing of all time, ever since I started playing Pokemon. I loved how their moves are powerful by the sun's power, and how they are majestically beautiful.
Favorite Grass Type(s): Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium (always my top favorite!), Leavanny, Tropius, Roselia, Leafeon

Grass & Water are my favorite typings. And combining them both make them 20% cooler. :) If you want a Pokemon with a great typing, that way it can attack against Fire-types easily, you got yourself a good combination right there. :)
Can I have the same pokemon as Megan?
If so,
Nickname: Jaycee
Pokemon: Meganium (Baylee)
Why you like grass types: They are beautiful, majestic, high in HP and Special Attack, and always #1 in the main Regional Pokedex
Favourite Grass types: Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium, Celibi, Leafeon, Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back